The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

Just saw this:

yf19.jpg

421644[/snapback]

HI all,

I have sat in silence too long! I am gonna agree with everyone else, in so saying that the wings just look too small on this sculpt! Although it may be the camera angles that play with your head too.... Look at the pic where fighter mode is facing towards you kinda, the wings look too small.... The other 2 pics I think the wing looks much better, with improvement needed.....

Next to the vf-1, I also think that the 19 is thee most loved valk of all...... I know that there are alot of you who grew up watching Macross, but I didn't, macross with me started with mac +, around 98 or 99... I was old enough to watch macross back in the day, but IIRC it was on cable and we didn't have that yet..... Back on topic; So me personally, the first valk I ever loved was/is the 19!

edit: The pics of this fantastic bird, she is in a resin sculpt right? Cuz Da$% it just doesn't do justice to the pretty girl!!

Edited by e_jacob77

Thanks for the clarification, Graham. Now, when are they planning to release the 1/60 YF-21? :D

Honestly, I wouldn't mind some parts detatching so the mech can look good in all modes...or even part swapping...man i wish yamato made that beautiful LS YF-19...you can even tell by the way it was manufactured that it was meant to be a toy!!

Well I still want PT, just that the legs and arms should also detach as a gimmick or option you know what I'm saying? (like the sidecovers or different hands for 1/48 vf-1)

This way both camps are happy.

When I think about it: I'm not too disturbed if there is a tiny gap (though I prefer none) since the yf-21 is supposed to be able to still fly without any limbs in fighter, right? If it can fly around with no belly the same way the vf1 can fly with no arms (see tv series when hikaru gets them blown off) then it's not like it is going to prevent me from buying the thing..

I hope they take thier time with it though: perhaps it would be better they bring out the vf11 first?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Thanks for the confirmation on gunpod count Graham!

I keep looking at the pics comparing the new 1/60 to the old 1/72, and I just can't help but get a big grin on my face. :D Although I would like to see it in fighter mode from a front view to look into the intakes to see if part of the chest goes into the legs like someone pointed out might be going on in the cad lineart.

Although I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves, man, just thinking about a a d-stance-like 1/60 yf-21 posed next to the 1/60 yf-19 is making me drool....

Damn can't forget about the 11b either.... If they make it like the s.h.e. kit I'd be really happy~~

Although I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves, man, just thinking about a a d-stance-like 1/60 yf-21 posed next to the 1/60 yf-19 is making me drool....

Damn can't forget about the 11b either.... If they make it like the s.h.e. kit I'd be really happy~~

423482[/snapback]

I *REALLY* hope we're not getting ahead of ourselves... when I read that first post about the 1/60 yf-19, I was so giddy I woke up my wife... at 5:30 in the morning... my wife, who cares nothing for macross and looks at my valks as a source of emergency funds.

I absolutely love the idea of all the Macross Plus valks done up in 1/60 goodness with all the bells and whistles.

I was so giddy I woke up my wife... at 5:30 in the morning... my wife, who cares nothing for macross and looks at my valks as a source of emergency funds.

423488[/snapback]

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol:

I wonder in what order the M+ and Mzero VF's will be released. Will Yamato finish the M+ line before continuing with the VF-0D/SV-51? I think it's gonna take at least a couple of years before we have all the VF's on the shelves that we want.

Hell yeah it's the golden age! Man I remember being a young teen wanting a valkyrie toy so bad and having the luck of getting a Joon's after lots of searching. I was somewhat annoyed that the gunpod couldnt be mounted in fighter mode, and I thought that they should make a better version. Of course I thought there was no chance in hell of that happening, or of there being Macross Plus valkyrie toys...

Man, I love Yamato. :)

I wonder in what order the M+ and Mzero VF's will be released. Will Yamato finish the M+ line before continuing with the VF-0D/SV-51? I think it's gonna take at least a couple of years before we have all the VF's on the shelves that we want.

423508[/snapback]

I think they will alternate....in other words which toy is designed first and gets all its kinks worked out first.

For example, the VF-0S is out, the VF-0A is coming out and so is the YF-19. We have heard nothing concerning the YF-21 or VF-0D, however of the 2, the VF-0D is the easiest to tool since it does share similar parts from the VF-0S/A mold. The major differences being the 2 seat cockpit/canopy and the wings. The YF-21 would be an all new mold with no mold sharing between any existing mold...therefore it would be easier, take less time, and be more cost efficient if the VF-0D would be next in line after the YF-19. Not saying the YF-21 wouldn't come out, just if it came down to logics and all, the VF-0D would be next.

I know there were pics of the D"StancE YF-21 instructions on the boards ages ago. If anyone has them, can they please post them? It might be interesting to see how the D"stancE deals with the shoulder/arm transformation.

423908[/snapback]

There are still here. I posted them back in topic 92.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=92

I see this tread is topic 19382. Boy, that has been a while ago.

Carl

Wow I'm finally getting into the original and new 1/60 line because of the Macross Zero Valkyries. My wallet is hurting though.

Man, is it just me, or is anyone else having sudden imagination attacks of the 1/60 yf-19 battroid & gerwalk mode pictures graham has?  :(

424194[/snapback]

There's only one of him and... this many of us... I say we plan a raid and see what Graham has been hiding from us ^_^

Of course, Yamato has probably given him a 1/10 scale working replica of the Macross to protect his secrets...

Wow, wonder how I missed this... course, I've been away for a while doing flight sim work. :)

As much as I'm happy to see they're finally going through with this, I have to admit.. I've got serious reservations. I don't deny it's an improvement over the 1/72, but I'm saddened to see they couldn't rid the plane of the "pregnant goose" look. I tried matching the lineart up with several sets of other drawings, and besides the wings being too small, the engines are just... huge. Ginormous. I realize that's probably due to the limitations of the size, and cramming all the hinges and stuff in there.. but I've been spoiled rotten with the Hasegawa fighter mode kit, and those engines look really oversized. The plane shouldn't be that deep, it just doesn't look like the plane in the movie, or the lineart. None of the lineart I've ever seen gives the fighter that big a belly, either. I get the feeling that was the only way they could cram in all the guts that the transformation sequence requires. The YF-19 probably used more anime magic than any of the other fighters for its transformation.. well, except maybe the YF-21.

I don't know if I'll buy one or not.. depends on my budget. But I'm willing to bet the battroid will be better looking than the fighter, so I'd probably leave it in that mode. It just doesn't look like it would fly. :huh:

Eh, I'm still hoping for a 1/48 :)

Edited by Chronocidal

As I've been saying just like with the VF-0S, the actual product looks much better than the CAD art.

Also, I wish people would stop comparing the Yamato YF-19 to the Hasgawa YF-19, especially as the Hasegawa is so skinny, it's positively anorexic and definitely skinnier than how Kawamri draws it.

Graham

So you've seen the actual product?

Every time I see the pics of the resin prototype it looks better and better.

I'd just like to see some battroid pics now. Couldn't care less about the Gerwalk mode though.

424253[/snapback]

the 1/72 gerwalk mode was deplorable... It's the mode that I'm expecting the most improvement on when the 1/60 comes out.

As I've been saying just like with the VF-0S, the actual product looks much better than the CAD art.

Also, I wish people would stop comparing the Yamato YF-19 to the Hasgawa YF-19, especially as the Hasegawa is so skinny, it's positively anorexic and definitely skinnier than how Kawamri draws it.

Graham

424252[/snapback]

I agree.

Comparing the hasegawa to the 1/60 variable is like comparing apples and oranges... two totally different things.

However I wouldn't necessarily call the hasegawa anorexic. :p It only has to think about the looks of it as a jet and in that respect, it's the best representation of what a real world yf-19 jet would look like.

Unfortunately for yamato, they have two other modes to think about...

God, I wish I can see those pics now. sigh... :(

Question for Graham:

You keep saying the real thing looks better in person than the CAD drawing. Does that mean the prototype is actually DIFFERENT than the drawing, or it merely translates to 3D better than people think?

Also---the Hase YF-19 just looks so "right" to me, and I think most everyone else.

PS---just have a removable nosegear! Solves all the problems in the entire front half of the plane...

Question for Graham:

You keep saying the real thing looks better in person than the CAD drawing. Does that mean the prototype is actually DIFFERENT than the drawing, or it merely translates to 3D better than people think? 

Also---the Hase YF-19 just looks so "right" to me, and I think most everyone else. 

PS---just have a removable nosegear!  Solves all the problems in the entire front half of the plane...

424259[/snapback]

Given the short amount of time it took them to make the fighter prototype after we started commenting (complaining :p ) about it, I'd say whatever Graham's looking at is a direct translation into 3D. I can only speculate on the pictures he's got, but I'd also say they're angled to highlight the good stuff rather than straight on profile.

As for the landing gear, I guess I already repeated this as much as you have mentioned it, I'm all for removeable landing gear if it helps the look of valk in any mode. It's basically gear up or down anyway~ I'm also into the idea of better looking fixed robotic hands~ That's my limit as far as removeable stuff goes~ :p

Also, I wish people would stop comparing the Yamato YF-19 to the Hasgawa YF-19,

huh? But you compared it on the toys section didn't you? :D

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/y...-comparison.htm

424256[/snapback]

I hadn't seen this before. I respect Graham for putting all the facts out there, as he always does (when he can). But the Yamato lineart sure doesn't come off too well there, does it? It looks pretty squat and ugly compared to the other three from the side. For now I'll just take his word that the final toy will be better. :D

Question for Graham:

PS---just have a removable nosegear!  Solves all the problems in the entire front half of the plane...

424259[/snapback]

Most likely. Look how fat the legs are going the be, I look at the fighter from behind and the feet are huge. Nothing like the drawing.

Graham

424252[/snapback]

Me too! :angry:

Graham

424252[/snapback]

424316[/snapback]

Me three.

I think it's kind of pointless to be nitpicking on how the fricken thing looks when we all know anime proportions on a variable mech doesn't translate well as a perfect transforming toy in the real world because a lot of the proportions can be attributed to anime magic. <_<

The whole 'it's too short/long/fat/thin/right/wrong' everytime Yamato releases a new product has been beaten to death.

It's either you do or you don't.

Graham

424252[/snapback]

424316[/snapback]

Me three.

I think it's kind of pointless to be nitpicking on how the fricken thing looks when we all know anime proportions on a variable mech doesn't translate well as a perfect transforming toy in the real world because a lot of the proportions can be attributed to anime magic. <_<

The whole 'it's too short/long/fat/thin/right/wrong' everytime Yamato releases a new product has been beaten to death.

It's either you do or you don't.

424342[/snapback]

Welcome to Macrossworld where whining and battying is taken to a whole new level.