The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

I have no real complaints with the fighter. You can see that Yamato tried their best to keep it accurate and streamlined (we still have to see a side view of the actual gut tho').

I understand all the nitpicks of the fighter-mode lovers here, but what really worries me is that the more accurate the fighter mode looks, the more compromised the battroid is (this is specially true on the 19), and I'm a battroid guy, so I'll do what JELEINEN said and reserve further judgement when the battroid pics arrive.

I've been busy and somehow missed all this. After fiddling with the pic for a awhile, I vote for a wingtip extension. Messing with the chord or root would certainly mess up how it needs to rotate for transformation, but there's no reason a half-inch added to the tips couldn't be done.

Anyways---I think the canopy is too humped. I actually think the entire forward fuselage/nose is too tall, vertically. Not the gut/belly, but the nosecone, canopy, canard mounting area, etc.

I think they're tried to "round out" the canopy in profile too much, make it more F-16-ish, when it should be more F-15-ish. Basically, it should be straighter, almost concave in parts--whereas Yamato has it convex all the way around. Especially the front half.

The old 1/72 actually looks good to me in those pix, although the 1/60 is more 'accurate' I guess (and the construction of the 1/72 left something to be desired).

I like the new 1/60 toy.  I think it does look a bit fat in the rear, but I don't think that has to do with the wings, it's just that the rear is a little fat.  Maybe battroid mode requires it.  I suppose the wings could stand to be a bit skinnier, but I don't really think the wings are a problem.

And if it transforms as nicely as the vf-0s, I'll be one happy mf.

419529[/snapback]

I think the 1/72 looks really cool in fighter mode. Unfortunately, battroid (and gerwalk) sucks. I hope that's where the new 1/60 will really shine!

See what happens when I don't pay proper attention to the toys forum for a bit - I miss some seriously exciting news! Have to admit I'm looking forward to this a lot - a few liberties do look like they have been taken with the design but overall I have to say I'm rather impressed. It looks close enough to my mental image of the -19 that this pretty much a "must have" for me. Now, where exactly I'm going to put it I have no idea. But that's a bridge I'll just have to cross when I come to it.....

Karl

(Just thought, looking at the 1/60th -19 makes me wish there was some prospect of them doing a 1/60th VF-9..... Yes, I know I'm probably the only one...)

Amen Vermillion! Right now I'm just trying to scrape enough cash for a Vf0A... if they bust out the 19 at the same time I'm royally screwed. And if they come out with a TV max with super parts I'm gonna' cry.

Once again, I'm a few days behind on keeping up with the hot topics around here. Just saw Graham's scans of the YF-19.... nice! :) This is something I will buy one or two of when it comes out.

Same here! It's not even out yet and allready I can't choose what mode to display it in, so I've decided to get at least two. I hope Yamato will include an extra 'displaystandconnectionpeace' like they are doing with the vf-0.

G mode looks exquiste.

Graham

420564[/snapback]

pfffffffff~~ G mode?

Who cares about G mode pics anyway?? :lol::p

:mellow::(

Graham, you're evil.

G mode looks exquiste.

Graham

420564[/snapback]

How insensitive. Look at this face, Graham. :( <----

That's how we feel when we don't get a picture.

Here it is again. :( <-----

I hope you feel our pain. I know Bill Clinton does.

(kudos to the three people who can comprehend that)

With the 1/48 repaint parade we've had for the last couple years, so long lacking antcipation for something, we forgot how it feels really, voraciously wanting something coming over the horizion...

...you forget the days spent waiting for the next month's news,

...you forget the wondering how it will look in person,

...you forget it sucks :(

Edited by Phren

Well from what I have seen from the scans Graham has provided, Icant that I am definetly looking forward to this with even more eagerness. This might have to be my first Yamato figure that I get 2 of. Already said it before, but the YF-19 is my fav valk and I am uber excited! Cant wait for more picks to drool over!!!! :p

G mode looks exquiste.

Graham

420564[/snapback]

What? No pics to back up that claim? :D

420565[/snapback]

Oh, there's pics, just can't show em.

Graham

(Torturing Macross fans since 1999)

420690[/snapback]

That's evil!! :lol:

But that's the price to pay for breaking news here ahead of others...

We have to endure!!

Hey Graham, can the YF-19 do just like the lineart in GERWALK Mode? How does it compare? Pretty close? Better? Looks good in it's own unique way?

I'll be picking up a second version, not cause of the possible (not definite) QC issues, but this is going to be released last of the current release line up, but cause I need a LOT of catching up.

Bloody hell Yamato. Can you let me actually spend some money on MYSELF this Christmas? :angry: Geez, look guys...the year is flying past, I'm talking about Christmas already!!! :blink:

Edited by kensei

B mode looks pretty hot as well. ;P

Graham

420656[/snapback]

You have a pre-production toy in your hand right now don't you?

Is it as good as the VF-0? is it? is it? is it?

420664[/snapback]

He said he didn't in a previous post. :mellow:

BUT, has that changed since then? <_<

G mode looks exquiste.

Graham

420564[/snapback]

What? No pics to back up that claim? :D

420565[/snapback]

Oh, there's pics, just can't show em.

Graham

(Torturing Macross fans since 1999)

420690[/snapback]

If you can't show em, then there are no pics~ ;)

It's alright though, you can have your pics,

I'll just sit here and twiddle my thumbs~ :p

:(