The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

Once colored it doesn't look much better than the 1/72 IMHO. I'm not trolling I swear.

414901[/snapback]

Before we can truly judge, we are going to have to see a real protosculpt. I would like to see if they could do something about the under belly though.

Edited by GobotFool

Once colored it doesn't look much better than the 1/72 IMHO. I'm not trolling I swear.

414901[/snapback]

I got my VF19A nearby and to me the colored line art looks a lot better in battroid mode. With fighter mode, the fact that the wings are no longer angled down and how it looks from above look great. The VF19A 1/72 toy's battroid mode kinda comes off looking like a praying mantis.

Unless the front landing gear is really long to compensate for elevational differences between the nose and the legs, keep in mind that in fighter mode it won't sit as it is shown in the picture. What I'm saying is that the fighter will be tilted with the nose a little closer to the ground, so the underbelly thing might not be as noticable.

Unless the front landing gear is really long to compensate for elevational differences between the nose and the legs, keep in mind that in fighter mode it won't sit as it is shown in the picture. What I'm saying is that the fighter will be tilted with the nose a little closer to the ground, so the underbelly thing might not be as noticable.

415061[/snapback]

The nose not being tilted like the first one are the reason for the elongated underbelly, and longer gear, I think.

I colored the 19 battroid from scratch... The stomach portion of the valk seems a bit unclear as to what color it will be in the production toy...

post-1324-1152610037_thumb.jpg

I also edited the side profile a bit with the most frequently commented changes made...

Raised/slimmed the neck 2mm and enlarged the rear wings.

post-1324-1152610045_thumb.jpg

I'd have to say, it definitely benefits from the slimming of the neck... Whether it's a plausible change tehnically, remains unanswered.

Edited by Nani?!

Whoa, been away from the toy section too long for this to spring up on me...

Just out of sheer curiosity, we have 3D modelling gurus on the boards... and we have CAD wireframes. How hard would it be to use the reference material available and whip up something decent?

Yeah trimming the "waddle" makes a huge improvement to the look of the toy. Looking at the original wire-frames again it looks like they could upsize the wings and control surfaces and still keep the look right in batroid (I watched M+ again last night and I had forgotten how much the wings stood out in batroid mode). Overall I think what we've see so far is a good start, but a little more work will make this the ultimate YF-19 toy.

Yeah trimming the "waddle" makes a huge improvement to the look of the toy.  Looking at the original wire-frames again it looks like they could upsize the wings and control surfaces and still keep the look right in batroid (I watched M+ again last night and I had forgotten how much the wings stood out in batroid mode).    Overall I think what we've see so far is a good start, but a little more work will make this the ultimate YF-19 toy.

416224[/snapback]

I guess I was too happy about the fact that we're going to have a 1/60 yf-19 that for a while I didn't make the slight changes myself to see what a difference it can make... Ignorance on my part... :mellow:

The more I look at the yf-19 and given the I had time to toy around with the design a bit, I REALLY want yamato to take it's time with this one and get it right. I'd be content to see modified CADs next couple of months... but that's just me... :p

The gunpod needs coloring the correct color in those side-view fighter mode pics.

Graham

415772[/snapback]

Bigger version of the battroid colorization:

19battroid12rg.jpg

Fighter Side view colorization w/ edited slimmer neck:

19side15az.jpg

416112[/snapback]

Whoa, been away from the boards for awhile - very excellent pics mate!!

:D

things that just may work to help with this transformation and looks for the toy

- removable nose cone, kinda like the VF-1 how the nose can be pulled out and with this they could add an extra nose for the beffy robot mode

- VF-2SS leg design from the bandai kit may help to pull the calves to thighs together making it beefer

- for the inside calves of the legs maybe they could make just a small section where you can press down and the bulges comes up, press it again to lower it for fighter mode?

- I'm agreeing with everyone else on the fins and wings, I think they should be just a tad bit bigger

and i guess everything else that everyone is saying

Let's try to help Yamato find solutions as well and not just think about what could be changed but maybe how we can help with this? I dunno but I'm loving this thread, whatcha guys think?

Ya Know, I rally hate seeing that edited version all the time now......because it DOES look so much better! now when I look at the actual CAD version it just looks.......BAD. STOP showing the EDITED VERSION!!! :p

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Thew new September 06 issues of Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby magazines, just out have pics of the painted YF-19 in fighter mode. Looks sweet. I'll get them scanned and posted when I get home tonight.

Graham

Thew new September 06 issues of Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby magazines, just out have pics of the painted YF-19 in fighter mode. Looks sweet. I'll get them scanned and posted when I get home tonight.

Graham

418747[/snapback]

What?! Hold on... CG to painted toy in just a few months? Yamato sure is moving fast on this one...