The 2nd Coming of the YF-19

wolfx

I'm more concerned about the articulation in batroid mode than the difference in fighter lineart. I 'm hoping for the same level of articulation of the 1/48 VF-1 and 1/60 VF-0. For me as long as it has perfect transformation and look practically good in all modes it doesn't have to match 100% the lineart.

I need to go watch M+ again and get the exact time/frames that show the 'extra' piece in the YF-19's intake transformation sequence. It's not in Kawamori's drawings, but the animators figured out how to reconcile the different shapes. I mentioned it to Graham, but haven't gotten back to him on where it's shown. I'll try to do it tonight.

Basically, the upper and lower halves of the intake split--the lower section forms the "hip" while the upper section becomes the "rear skirt armor".

Have the red part separate from the blue part:

I see what you mean David Hingtgen. Do the legs move up a bit as well or is it my eyes deceiving me? Now I gotta pop in M+ too now, just to see it better. :p lol

addition: yep definitely seperated. Watch the fight at the end of episode 2, the upper part of the intake is behind and not attached to the legs. You can see many instants of the legs being seperate.

addition2: Ah watching the VF-11 kicking ass in the first episode. Such awesomeness! Now that I think about it watching episode 3, if Yamato did a 1/60 VF-11 they could do the standard VF-11B, the deep space VF-11B (yeah I forgot what that squad was called), and the orange VF-11 drones (with minor reworking for the YF-19 type canard wings, although the battroid mode would look weird :p ) that the Ghost X-9 blows apart. But I'm looking too far ahead, gotta see how the new 19 does. :D Oh how I long to see some prototype pics!

Edited by Sumdumgai

Watch for scenes showing the back of the battroid--then it's more obvious that they separated the upper part of the intake from the "hips". Actually, I think the "red part" moves back (towards the engines) rather than the legs/hips moving.

I need to go watch M+ again and get the exact time/frames that show the 'extra' piece in the YF-19's intake transformation sequence.  It's not in Kawamori's drawings, but the animators figured out how to reconcile the different shapes.  I mentioned it to Graham, but haven't gotten back to him on where it's shown.  I'll try to do it tonight. 

Basically, the upper and lower halves of the intake split--the lower section forms the "hip" while the upper section becomes the "rear skirt armor".   

413461[/snapback]

I actually remember seeing that in the anime. Always thought it was an animation mistake...

I need to go watch M+ again and get the exact time/frames that show the 'extra' piece in the YF-19's intake transformation sequence.  It's not in Kawamori's drawings, but the animators figured out how to reconcile the different shapes.   I mentioned it to Graham, but haven't gotten back to him on where it's shown.  I'll try to do it tonight.  

413461[/snapback]

I actually remember seeing that in the anime. Always thought it was an animation mistake...

413506[/snapback]

Intersting... like in the Bandai 1/100 kit.

Is it even possible to do a 1/60 VF-11B and allow for a sliding heat shield? I wouldn't want another plastic tabby thing. It'd be battyin' if they could.

413527[/snapback]

Studio Halfeye managed a integrated heatshield in 1/100 scale. Id didn't slide so much as it sort of flipped out. There were pictures a while back detailing the mechanism.

here are the pictures

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...g_sep2001a2.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...g_sep2001a1.jpg

Edited by GobotFool

Now that i mentioned the LS variable model i think that the yamato YF-19 will have if not the same at least a very similar variable sequence (an elegant way to say transformation), tough neither have the correct crotch piece at least it is the closest thing to a YF-19 that stays within the boundaries of realistic physics and less anime magic.

413390[/snapback]

Crotch piece folding is correct to the lineart.

As far as i can see with the lineart :

- Yamato has taken a more simpliest way to fold the wings. It'll be more durable IMO.

- The tailfins fold the samed way as the 1/72.

- There is a mechanic part just after the belly and it seems to be the articulation point for all the valkyrie legs/torso mechanism.

- The canard wings are articulated and are reversed in battroid mode.

- The hands seems to have the same old yamato mechanism.

It's a great news and i can't wait to see prototype pictures :)

Edited by isamu_dyson

BTW about he sharon apple figure i would like it in full body, as when she was harasing isamu and also the short haired sharon that manipulated yang into attempting to shot isamu. and yes, just in case you wonder she has to be topless.

Watched some of M+ again, here's good examples of the upper part of the intake (red) separating from the hips (blue). Upon further scrutiny, it seems the animators have it attached to the "spine", not really like an armor skirt as I thought. (And the red part is one piece---not two separate pieces from each hip)

Part 2 (OVA, not movie version):

Soon after the YF-19's first appearance and the dino-bird smoke-trail Isamu makes, you see the first YF-21/YF-19 simultaneous testing. There will be a side-shot showing both of them in the mock town, and Isamu is in GERWALK, then jumps over a bridge and lands in battroid---that's a decent look at what I'm talking about.

Great shot: When Isamu tests the arm-mounted extra weapons pack---the shot starts with a rear view, then he turns around and fires.

Another good one: When Guld and Isamu fight in the mock city---very early in the fight, Guld will throw his first PPB punch---Isamu will retaliate with a knee--that's a good look.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Another thing is disturbing me. In fighter mode, the lower half of the torso can be seen by the uncovered air intakes, this must leave a hole in battroid mode :( I hope i'm wrong.

post-61-1152186502_thumb.jpg

Edited by isamu_dyson

Another thing is disturbing me. In fighter mode, the lower half of the torso can be seen by the uncovered air intakes, this must leave a hole in battroid mode :( I hope i'm wrong.

414071[/snapback]

well, unless you plan to leave the intake covers off in battroid mode, it shouldn't make that big of a difference.

even with the covers on, there will be a hole on the leg. it'll be visible especially when we will look the back.

I'm still hopping that i'm wrong

414079[/snapback]

Ah. I see what you mean. Still, when I look at my mecha I rarely admire their bums. Pretty as they may be :p

Imagine who knew about this wayyyy before today but couldn't say anything about it. That lucky fool. <_<

410074[/snapback]

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

Graham

410092[/snapback]

(very nice reference to Blade Runner there)

even with the covers on, there will be a hole on the leg. it'll be visible especially when we will look the back.

I'm still hopping that i'm wrong

414079[/snapback]

I'm just guessing here, but if there is a hole in the back of the upper leg for the lower chest section to fit in fighter mode, the hole may be partially covered in battroid mode, by the upper sub-intake section.

Or, it just may be that the CAD drawing is wrong.

Graham

414071[/snapback]

By the way, looks better in this bigger pic.

Hopefully Yamato will have the prototype pics in the next Dengeki Hobby or Hobby Japan.

I'm going though the old issues and there was a one month turnaround time for the VF-0S CAD to PROTO pics.

Keeping my fingers crossed here.

Any of you photo shop geniuses want to trying coloring in the Yamato CAD line art in the anime colors?

Graham

414446[/snapback]

Yamato_YF-19_1-60ScaleCAD.jpg

yama-yf19-side.jpg

You didnt specify which modes, so I hope these are the ones you wanted. ;)

Edited by Spiff