Mw Finally Has Banners?

I don't mind banners as long as they're not 1)overly obtrusive 2)unrelated to the content material, and 3) a scam. Needless to say, I'm ok with this one.

Am I the only one find it interesting that Shawn has reneged on an age old MW policy? I hope this is more a friendly business gesture rather than a financial necessity.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

It's nice to see MW finally going capitalist. Where is the banner ad supposed to be anchored? For me (running firefox) it's behind the posting buttons, which is kind of strange.

408145[/snapback]

That's also where it lands with Seamonkey, and probably all Gecko-based browsers.

On Internet Explorer(and apparently Opera) it rests nicely above them.

There's a bit of discussion about it in the site updates thread in the news forum.

I DO like that this one is actually a special MW promotion instead of just a random "buy our stuff" link, or even a random "buy our Macross-related stuff" link.

Well the promo ends June 30th so that'll be gone by then... or should be, unless Shawn takes a year to come back and take it off. On the twin moons website it lists Max with the same release date. I think dont think that's correct.

• 5 weeks later...

I just noticed this. It's already half-way through July, so I think the powers that be can go ahead and remove the banner ad for the 1/6 Hikaru figure since the "promo ends June 30th." Leave it be if you prefer, but it is a bit out-dated.

Personally, I say we get something new up there. Perhaps free international shipping on that sweet Yamato 1/60 YF-19 that's coming out. Better yet, free shipping on a case (ha, ha, I wish). Regardless, it's time for something new.

I don't see it anymore so I take it it's gone....

Unfortunately, Shawn appears to have messed with the tables because instead of seeing seperate tables, I see 1 big table beneath the MW banner.

The menu in the PM console is kinda messed up too. I wish Shawn would finally get an admin to do all this stuff. We talked about it at MWCon and he said he tried out some PHP content management for the front page and will be looking at adding that, but who knows how loing before he decides to.

Perhaps free international shipping on that sweet Yamato 1/60 YF-19 that's coming out. Better yet, free shipping on a case (ha, ha, I wish). Regardless, it's time for something new.

416459[/snapback]

That would be very nice to have. I think the site would make more money if it the banner is in relation to Macross Yamato's with free shipping/discount.

ActionHQ was actually pretty good to deal with. I paid for express shipping...I sent the order in on the 10th, it shipped on the 11th, and I got it Friday! great service!

ActionHQ was actually pretty good to deal with. I paid for express shipping...I sent the order in on the 10th, it shipped on the 11th, and I got it Friday! great service!

416779[/snapback]

Watcha want for the the squadron patch??? ;)

416779[/snapback]

Watcha want for the the squadron patch??? ;)

417161[/snapback]

on a funny side-note: they just now sent me e-mails about it shipping....a little late there guys, lol.

The menu in the PM console is kinda messed up too.  I wish Shawn would finally get an admin to do all this stuff.  We talked about it at MWCon and he said he tried out some PHP content management for the front page and will be looking at adding that, but who knows how loing before he decides to.

416616[/snapback]

I just noticed...All the subject headers are adjusted right....in Firefox and Opera.

The menu in the PM console is kinda messed up too.  I wish Shawn would finally get an admin to do all this stuff.  We talked about it at MWCon and he said he tried out some PHP content management for the front page and will be looking at adding that, but who knows how loing before he decides to.

416616[/snapback]

I just noticed...All the subject headers are adjusted right....in Firefox and Opera.

417784[/snapback]

I assume you mean "adjusted to the right" and not "correctly". . . cuz to me things are still mess up. At first, I thought you meant that it was fixed. :lol:

I don't mind the banners, except thatit was advertising something made by a company which I have already been served crap from. Let us see more banners, yet have them be advertising quality works that MWers want. Advertising a Toynami Doll here is like trying to sell MOPAR to MUGEN entusiasts.

418235[/snapback]

hey.....they need some of the Mopar goodness every now and then....