Immortal

Oihan

I just finished watching the movie on the Sci-Fi Channel tonight; reading some of the reviews on the web while having watched it. Apparently it's gotten a lot of bad reviews for acting and the CGI. However, I like the movie. Not so much for the story or CGI, but the setting and characters. It does have a Fifth Element kind of feel to it (however not quite as good). It's so F'd up looking...bizarre looking....

It's the characters and weird looking creatures in movies like The Dark Crystal, The Labyrinth, The Fifth Element, Legend, The Never Ending Story, and other such movies that I love so much! Those five are the only movies I can think of, however. :( Anyone know of any other movies (good preferably) that have bizarre looking characters and creatures like in the movies I listed above? If so, PLEASE do tell! (Gotta love the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genres ^_^)

Thanks!

Edited by Oihan

When I was a kid I saw a Tom Cruise film (I think) where he was tracking a unicorn and got in a fight with the devil.  I was really young so I might be messing it up.  I remember thinking the devil looked cool.

407746[/snapback]

That was Legend. with Mia Sara, Tim Curry, Tom Cruise

When I was a kid I saw a Tom Cruise film (I think) where he was tracking a unicorn and got in a fight with the devil.  I was really young so I might be messing it up.  I remember thinking the devil looked cool.

407746[/snapback]

That was Legend. with Mia Sara, Tim Curry, Tom Cruise

407748[/snapback]

Great movie! (I think anway.) Thanks for the suggestion though Jenius! I appreciate it. :)

I just finished watching the movie on the Sci-Fi Channel tonight; reading some of the reviews on the web while having watched it.  Apparently it's gotten a lot of bad reviews for acting and the CGI.  However, I like the movie.  Not so much for the story or CGI, but the setting and characters.  It does have a Fifth Element kind of feel to it (however not quite as good).  It's so F'd up looking...bizarre looking....

It's the characters and weird looking creatures in movies like The Dark Crystal, The Labyrinth, The Fifth Element, Legend, The Never Ending Story, and other such movies that I love so much!  Those five are the only movies I can think of, however. :(  Anyone know of any other movies (good preferably) that have bizarre looking characters and creatures like in the movies I listed above?  If so, PLEASE do tell!  (Gotta love the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genres ^_^)

Thanks!

407743[/snapback]

if You didn't, You have to read the comic books of the "trilogie nickopol" from enki bilal :

- "La foire aux immortels"

- "La femme piege"

- "froid equateur"

this movie is based on them.

there is an english version i've found on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140120384...5Fencoding=UTF8

Edited by isamu_dyson

I wanted to watch the whole thing, but because we had visitors come over I only got to see bits and pieces.

What was the deal with the CGI/live action humans? Was it supposed to be some artsy way of showing who had artifical organs and who didn't?

I just finished watching the movie on the Sci-Fi Channel tonight; reading some of the reviews on the web while having watched it.  Apparently it's gotten a lot of bad reviews for acting and the CGI.  However, I like the movie.  Not so much for the story or CGI, but the setting and characters.  It does have a Fifth Element kind of feel to it (however not quite as good).  It's so F'd up looking...bizarre looking....

It's the characters and weird looking creatures in movies like The Dark Crystal, The Labyrinth, The Fifth Element, Legend, The Never Ending Story, and other such movies that I love so much!  Those five are the only movies I can think of, however. :(  Anyone know of any other movies (good preferably) that have bizarre looking characters and creatures like in the movies I listed above?  If so, PLEASE do tell!  (Gotta love the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genres ^_^)

Thanks!

407743[/snapback]

The Princess Bride

Willow

The Goonies

Time Bandits ~ Brazil ~ The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Monty Python's Life of Brian

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The City of Lost Children

Big Trouble in Little China

Donnie Darko

Dogma

Pink Floyd's The Wall

Jacob's Ladder

Kaena - The Prophecy

Army of Darkness

Dark City

I thought the premise of the movie was too weird (or I was too stupid to understand the plot...).

So what was the movie all about?

From what I got, it seems like the egyptian god (eagle head) created Earth. And he needed to have descendants to continue his life(?). So he borrows a human body to sleep with that blue haired (almost) woman (and no one knows why she has power to procreate/bare gods' children or where this girl is from).. am I right?

I have couple of questions:

1. What was significance of the central park (they call it intrusion)?

2. What was the man wraped in black cloth? He just makes non-humans into humans by giving pills?