The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Thread

JValk

The DVD release has all new next ep previews for the chronological order narrated by Yuki. The original broadcast next ep previews are included as extra's, and will be used in their proper place for the Kyon order disc's.

• 1 month later...

I discovered this show over at AX this year and ... my God, it is a wonderful show. By turns a wacky comedy, bittersweet romance, thrilling action and existential rumination on the nature of reality. Usually I've no time for "teh new h0tness anime" but Haruhi is one of the good ones.

Pat Payne: Welcome to Haruhiism. Abit late, but better late than never. ;)

Ahh yes....for those of u like me who weren't fortunate to be at AX, youtube saves the day.

Aya Hirano doing DBZ Opening, CHA LA! HEAD CHA LA!

Aya Hirano doing Timotei rendition from Lucky Star. ;)

Concert Time..God Knows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wasY-grMFcw...73826%2F%2B1940

Lost My music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4f_gwTdRk...73826%2F%2B1940

And the op, Bouken Desho Desho?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlic7dD4fiw...73826%2F%2B1940

Edited by wolfx

Has the 2nd dvd been released yet? I'd like to get the special box version along with the GITS solid state society limited version (where I can't find anywhere locally).

I believe its the next episode preview at the end of episode 11.

oh yeah...didn't kyon scream out "FIRE BOMBER!!!" in that one?

btw, i ended up getting special edition vol 2 yesterday... i'm at work right now so i'll most likely watch it right now...

didn't get to watch it due being the main party in a bad accident...

oh yeah...didn't kyon scream out "FIRE BOMBER!!!" in that one?

btw, i ended up getting special edition vol 2 yesterday... i'm at work right now so i'll most likely watch it right now...

didn't get to watch it due being the main party in a bad accident...

I believe Haruhi shouts "Ore No Uta Kitte!!" followed by Kyon's "BOMBA!". ;)

• 1 year later...

*BUMP!*

The heavily-advertised Haruhi reruns began this week.

With the NEW episode Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

And a new ending theme, that seems to imply the new season will have The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi as it's primary arc. Yuki fans rejoice!

*BUMP!*

And a new ending theme, that seems to imply the new season will have The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi as it's primary arc. Yuki fans rejoice!

Moe Yuki! Moe Yuki! Moe Yuki!

Oh knife weilding Lesbian Asakura Ryoko too.

:mellow:

*BUMP!*

Alright!!! :)

Only saw the raw version, but so far it feels like no time has passed at all. Nice way to weave back in, and sell more DVD's with the first season & second season episodes mixed in? Do I care? No! :)

Although bluray would be better...

The subs were really fast, first ones showed up 8 hours or so after broadcast.

But yea, I bet they will charge double for effectively only half a new season. And they are gonna make you smile while they take your money ^_^

It'd be a very Haruhi thing to advertise a season of reruns(their official stance until now WAS that it was just reruns) and then shift into an entirely new season(I'm assuming the previous episodes carried the original ending sequence).

Especially given the plot of Disappearance, and the new ending(with the big H from the first ending "digitizing" out).

I need to rebuy the series anyways, though. Albeit in a different media.

Hey, Bandai, can we get a BluRay release?

I watched the new episode last night. A tad drop in animation quality I think (though it could just be the crap mp4 file I dl'd).

I've always liked this series but there's just too much hype and fanboyism surrounding it. At least now, the whole broadcast order vs. chronological order debate can now be put to rest.

So fine....i have rejoined the ranks of the Haruhists and am completely pleased with this episode. Its pretty LOL that loli Haruhi had the same personality as 3 years later. :lol:

Not really important, but when Mikuru and Kyon returned to 3 years later, why would Mikuru's digital watch show the correct time when they have been in "stasis" for 3 years? Her watch should just show the time they got frozen.

So fine....i have rejoined the ranks of the Haruhists and am completely pleased with this episode. Its pretty LOL that loli Haruhi had the same personality as 3 years later. :lol:

Not really important, but when Mikuru and Kyon returned to 3 years later, why would Mikuru's digital watch show the correct time when they have been in "stasis" for 3 years? Her watch should just show the time they got frozen.

You may want sample other fansub groups. To me, it didn't feel like that episode was a particularly strong showing for the gg and CoalGuys collaboration.

The DB and L-E team-up seemed to flow better in my opinion. They used "atomic watch" which seems a little more plausible. Also, they used "mecca" when Kyon specifically said "mecca." The CoalGuys and gg team decided to dumb it down to "holy ground" which somewhat changes the meaning of the word when used figuratively.

But it wasn't an ordinary digital watch. It was an atomic digital watch which makes her even hotter than she already is :p

Quick! What should i dl?? Coal-GG or DB L-E?????

Probably too early to tell; it's only been one episode.

Dattebayo is pretty much the mainstay in the fansub community for Bleach and previously Naruto, I believe. Live-Evil has a longer history and has done a much greater breath of anime from past to recent.

I believe gg only mainly received name recognition around when Code Geass aired. CoalGuys got their traction with Toradora!, starting out with that as their debut series if I recall correctly. Both Code Geass and Toradora! lean on the recent side, but the respective groups basically were what people chose for those respective shows. Of course, gg did do Macross Frontier as well.

That's only in terms of speaking of the fansub groups. Individuals within fansub groups, particularly translators, I've never really kept track of. You can search AniDB to see what kind of anime different groups have done. Both collaboration groups seem to have solid name recognition behind them, so just wait and see. In my opinion, however, I believe DB and L-E did a better job with episode one as I stated previously.

Quick! What should i dl?? Coal-GG or DB L-E?????

I watched the DB L-E version and apart from a few grammatical errors it seemed alright to me. It played and looked okay on my PC and I converted it to DivX and watched it on my 52" plasma and it looked okay on that as well.

You may want sample other fansub groups. To me, it didn't feel like that episode was a particularly strong showing for the gg and CoalGuys collaboration.

The DB and L-E team-up seemed to flow better in my opinion. They used "atomic watch" which seems a little more plausible. Also, they used "mecca" when Kyon specifically said "mecca." The CoalGuys and gg team decided to dumb it down to "holy ground" which somewhat changes the meaning of the word when used figuratively.

Coalguys and gg normally would be pretty good but i also noticed they were having too much fun and taking too much liberties with the subs. They translated "time machine" into "delorean"....and mikuru said "time machine" in english even. =.=

But it wasn't an ordinary digital watch. It was an atomic digital watch which makes her even hotter than she already is :p

Does an atomic digital watch not freeze in a time stopped room as well? Besides what Yuki did was already outside the laws of physics and relativity.

Does an atomic digital watch not freeze in a time stopped room as well? Besides what Yuki did was already outside the laws of physics and relativity.

Don't know about you but the last time I checked my atomic digital wrist watch the laws of relativity didn't really seem that important :blink: and Mikura is still hot no matter what laws are in place.

Edited by thegunny

Atomic watches synch with an atomic clock with radio signals. When Mikuru came out of stasis the watch synched to the correct time and date. Hence she knew it was three years later.

Edited by Bri