The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Thread

JValk

There's a Speak and Spell chanting "SOS" in the background for part of the first vid!

heh, I forgot how nice the animation was for that sequence.

I must get the HD version of that!! Youtube is out of sync with the audio but the actual vid is fine apparently.

I'm at work but replaying this darn video for the 20th time. :lol:

Continuity errors. Like their club room is supposed to have a window above the door, but it doesn't show up in some of the episodes.

Lies. Those are not continiuity errors.....its due to changes in Enclosed Space.

These changes are the "Data Integration Entity" doing its work to cover up its mistakes. :lol:

Good grief....now its hare hare yukai using the busou shiki figures...this dude is pretty good and has too much time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmUiSZjYMg&eurl=

LOL...notice the selotape on the legs...i was wondering how he made them stand.

Edited by wolfx

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.

I discovered this show last night, and this thread pops up today. Weird.

Anyway, I don't like new anime. The designs aren't as artful, the animation sucks, retarded melodrama, etc. But I LIKE this show. The animation is really good. It's jokes are actually kinda funny. Crazy.

I was in Akihabera the day they released the new LP OST. They had the voice of Haruhi signing the LP's on Saturday. BTW does anybody know the name of the new LP? I didn't get it since I don't have a player but they were playing it at the signing at gamers and its really good.

Edited by jwinges

Note to those who want to buy the limited edition version of Haruhi Suzumiya, rightstuf.com is counting down on their available presales, currently only around 500 left, and you can get their extra bandai sale discount right now.

Had a friend introduce this to me through fansubs way back when.

The premise is interesting- got me interested in seeing the next season when it's eventually released. Wouldn't mind reading the lite novels also if they eventually were translated.

Had a friend introduce this to me through fansubs way back when.

The premise is interesting- got me interested in seeing the next season when it's eventually released. Wouldn't mind reading the lite novels also if they eventually were translated.

There are fan translations. The link to it is somewhere on this thread. Go search it.

• 1 month later...

www.asosbrigade.com

For those in California, you lucky SOBs....Aya Hirano (VA for Haruhi) and gang are coming to AX and will be performing in a concert too.

Wish i could go. :(

so i was wondering if rightstuf was going to have an extra to the vol. 1 special edition box or would it have the same contents as the one from bestbuy? it's just that i was planning on going to bestbuy on tuesday to pick it up...

EDIT: so i found out it'll all be the same... BEST BUY IT IS!! MUAHAHHAHAAHAHA

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Thank god Lil Tokyo isn't too distant I'll be heading there with a group to do the main chorus dance. :)

As for AX.

Our goal is dance with the real Suzumiya VAs (Only the girl VAs) in front of thousands.

By the way they are giving out the second DVD release to those who enter whether they win or not, the special box set if you win the grand prize.

You get to dance with the SOS Brigade if you win the grand prize.

Me and my friend are doing the dance and we are looking for 3 more members to join us.

PM me if you are available. (If your going to day 0 that would really help.)

So yay I get to meet the VAs twice. :D

(If your wondering what VA means it means Voice Actor.)

well, i got the special box...it came with some cool goodies... i was at a friends house since he has a nice widescreen... the dvd came with some nice goodies...i would've rather the episodes came in the random order just like the tv series...but in a way it makes sense to have it in it's correct order as not to confuse first time viewers :p it would've made the episode previews more interesting with suzumiya and kyon fighting over the episode order :lol: the english voices were done pretty well... can't wait for the next volume!! i don't buy a lot of anime since nothing has come out lately that's caught my interest as much as this series...

Aww....so its in Kyon order eh? (chronological). I heard some time before the release there's gonna be a seperate release for "Haruhi order" which is the TV series release sequence (which i prefer). Wonder if they're still going ahead with that.

No, Haruhi order is the chronological release, Kyon order is original broadcast order.

Disc's 3 2-4 of the LE versions of Haruhi will have both, the regular editions will only have chronological order.

Edited by Keith

Supply permitting, I'll be buying my miniature shrine to Suzumiya Haruhi tomorrow... well, later today I guess.

Broadcast order disks don't ship until the 3rd volume?

I'd missed that. Thought it was a 1 per volume thing. :(

Did anyone go to the Anime Jungle launch event?

I sure did. :)

IPB Image

I also got a signed poster too. ^_^

It was a kick @$$ event. B))

Since I pre-ordered online, I didn't go. Despite being invided by a very cute clerk a week before. On the bright side, I did pick up the MG Strike Freedom there.

Man...Pat Lee and the rest of the asosbrigade are sooo cute. :(

What exactly happened at the event, Ishimaru?

You know its strange how Haruhiism adds +10 to popularity of ANYTHING that is involved with it. Its just strange.

Man...Pat Lee and the rest of the asosbrigade are sooo cute. :(

What exactly happened at the event, Ishimaru?

You know its strange how Haruhiism adds +10 to popularity of ANYTHING that is involved with it. Its just strange.

Well I got there kinda late. (Like 45 mins late.)

By the time I got there, the line was short but I didn't realize it was long until I got into the store, it took nearly a hour in the store line itself to just reach the autograph table.

But most of the time I was outside with a few peeps from another forum.

AnimeTV was there and they interviewed a few random people.

Our forum group setup a Hare Hare Yuki dance in which I wasn't able to participate after some one forgot to remind me. <_<

After the long wait in and out of line talking with other peeps (My friends held a spot in line for me)I managed to get a free autographed poster and a picture with them. :)

I asked the Haruhi before I left the table if she was going to AX, she said yes and gave me that uber super extra special awesome Haruhi look before I went. I know I'm going to meet her again at AX.

I then left and went outside in which all the fuss was going about, they handed out pizza, then I met up with my forum group again and we just chatted around and just enjoyed ourselves.

Here are some more pics that my friend Carl took:

This was before I came, so I kinda missed out.

IPB Image

The huge line, it started to get big around 6PM but I didn't arrive until 7:45.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Your hot SOS brigade members. :wub:

IPB Image

The inside of the store. The line went halfway into the back of the store and back to the signing table several feet away from the door.

IPB Image

Line as I arrived later on.

IPB Image

SOS goodies that they had centered in the store. :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

The signed limited promotional limited poster they handed out. (I got one signed and one not signed.)

IPB Image

The flag that one of my forum group members made.

IPB Image

I'm going to repeat again I give Carl full credit for taking these pictures from our SOS-Dan forum group.

It was worth going out on a school night.

Sucks that no one here came.:(

Overall this was a awesome event guys, I can't stop bragging about it. B))

Edit: The quick video my other friend took as we were halfway in line as some fat lard wouldn't get out the way to let some people to take some pictures <_<. Sadly thats all the footage he took I thought he took more but I guess not. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsM0_05-I7w

Edited by Ishimaru