Hobbyfan Destroids

Justiciar

I built the Spartan sometime last year - in-prog and commentary. It was easily the most troublesome resin kit I've built, but that's not saying a great deal; it's also the only recast kit I've completed so far. Nearly every part required gap-filling and a lot of filing/sanding, all three main torso parts were noticably warped (and at least one of the sides had serious mould misalignment).

On one hand, in the end it wasn't anything that was impossible to fix with a sharp knife, some sandpaper and some putty. On the other, I really intended to build the Spartan quickly so I could get to my real love, the Tomahawk... but I've just not had the motivation to go back to it since. Although I've been kind of out of modelling for a few months since then for various reasons as well.

Man, I should get around to working something out for that missile smoke... :/

Edited by Sar

Did any of you guys jump on the Yellow Sub sale for these a few weeks back? I have mine and they are great, a few very minor flaws, but I am really looking forward to getting around to these.

Berttt

Did any of you guys jump on the Yellow Sub sale for these a few weeks back?

407784[/snapback]

This is probably going to be where I curse myself for not paying enough attention to modelling news to know what you're talking about, right?

I think the 1/144 N-ger was probably one of the best investments I found in the last 5 years. They used to cost about $100 on ebay at some point. I bought 1 at $65 If i recall correctly. But when Adrian found several for $15 each.. is was a crime not to at least buy one....

I also bought destroids from Hobby fan but have not looked at the recast quality. I have purchased other recasts from people over seas though ebay at about the same price and they came out good.

these ones are from one of those ebay recasters i built a few years ago...

post-104-1150303793_thumb.jpg

Did any of you guys jump on the Yellow Sub sale for these a few weeks back?

407784[/snapback]

This is probably going to be where I curse myself for not paying enough attention to modelling news to know what you're talking about, right?

407826[/snapback]

Yes. :p

I haven't built any of the 1/144 resins yet, but I have a BUNCH. I bought two of those sets from HF years ago (I think I have a couple of them singly too, originals).

For the money, $41.40 for FOUR KITS, I'd say they're worthwhile. They're cheap enough that you can invent variations and not worry about screwing up an expensive original.

007-VF1: is there any possibility of getting a close-up shot of the Phalanx's head?

If I'm not mistaken, it's not the standard head seen in the line-art, and it's the one that appeared on-screen only once: the battle between the SDF-1 and Bodolza.