I know its a bit late, but this is one of the animes that has made a buzz over there at animesuki and I though it deserved its won thread here in MW.

Just looking at the first episode, It would seem this series has a different style to it.

The sound quality and animation are pretty AWESOME!!! wink.gif

So, who's watched it?

I think its only me and wolfx (as MW members), who watched this and talked about it sparingly in another thread.

I would really love a comment from Areaseven in this anime.

BTW, the raws on this thing are up to episode 9 and i heard the "meido" (who is one of the most anticipated characters of the anime) has appeared. laugh.gif

Oh yeah some pics can be found in this blogs:

http://anime.miao.us/archives/2006/04/08/694/

http://mangaminxslair.blogspot.com/2006/04...-lagoon-01.html

http://www.batrock.net/anime/?p=452

http://www.yayapapayaz.com/handofgory/2006...lack-lagoon-1-2

This series does have a definite Bebop feel to it. But it's about gunslining babes and smuggling in the South China seas so there's nothing wrong with that.

Revy is NUTS!

This looks interesting. Is it on DVD or are you guys watching shareware versions of this show? I might bne interested in picking up dvd vol 1, if it exists, and giving it a try.

This looks interesting.  Is it on DVD or are you guys watching shareware versions of this show?  I might bne interested in picking up dvd vol 1, if it exists, and giving it a try.

406167[/snapback]

It's coming out on DVD in the US, but hasn't been released yet.

I was pleasantly surprised by the show. I figured it was going to be mindless violence and T&A. It actually has good amount of depth to it. The conversations at the end of the neo-nazi story arc really caught me off guard. Definitely not the stuff you expect to hear in an anime.

Damn it!!!! :angry:

The maid/meido appears and struts her stuff in episode 9. :o

I can't wait for the sub to come out!!!!!!! :angry:

People in animesuki are saying that this is probably the best episode so far in Black Lagoon. :ph34r:B))

Pretty nice story and interesting characters so far. The "showdown" of the second episode was great. It’s nice to see some good action in the middle of the sea.

Just one thing, how could Revy and Rock breathe in the submarine if there was no Oxygen left? Do corpses turn CO2 into O?

Pretty nice story and interesting characters so far. The "showdown" of the second episode was great. It’s nice to see some good action in the middle of the sea.

Just one thing, how could Revy and Rock breathe in the submarine if there was no Oxygen left? Do corpses turn CO2 into O?

406498[/snapback]

I was wondering the same thing myself. The only thing I could come up with is that the remaining crew committed suicide rather than suffocating, leaving breathable air.

Edited by JELEINEN

The show sounds and looks great, but be warned, there are a few non-english subs that don't have a disclaimer:

Shimashita, [C-A] - French

[AU] - Spanish

Amida - Italian

all youtube eps by celerlove - Korean

Edited by uminoken

406498[/snapback]

I was wondering the same thing myself. The only thing I could come up with is that the remaining crew committed suicide rather than suffocating, leaving breathable air.

406523[/snapback]

According to the manga, they emptied some of their tanks into it.

I've been watching it lately. It one of the few shows I'm really following. Episode was great. Revy's real name is apparently Rebecca. Maybe it's supposed to be Reby then. :ph34r:

Fellas. The 9th episode is out.

Three words for all of you.

I'LL BE BACK.

407200[/snapback]

The only thing I can say about the ninth episode is:

WOW!!!

Words fail me as of the moment in describing the AWESOMENESS of this episode. :unsure:

Agent ONE, if your reading this thread, I highly recommend that you watch this. ;)

EDIT:

More Black Lagoon Cosplay pics:

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/30686/

Enjoy!!!!!

Edited by grss1982

• 1 month later...

Wow!

I'm surprised that this became an anime or even got a second season. They must have hired a good anime writer to rewrite that manga, because it was pretty damned bad. But then again there hasn't been much gansta anime out, so this nicely fills the catigory.

• 2 weeks later...
Where are all the Black Laggon fans?!?!?!?

Shinsen just released #11......this time with more Chow Yun Fat.

http://shinsen.b33r.net/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D...%5D.avi.torrent

422588[/snapback]

Here's one, thanks for the info!!

Nice ending to the T-1000 maid (although all those bullets missing targets moving in straight lines kind of pushed the whole “suspension of believe†a bit thin).

• 2 weeks later...

@kanedaestes: so how di you find it.

I just finished watching episode 12 myself and was very satisfied even though there was no real ending to the story. :lol:

Anyways I gonna wait for Season 2 to come out next year. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...