Yamato Fair Prices In Hong Kong

arrow

I got to hk a few times a year for work. and, when I see it, I hesitate since I don't like the feeling that It might be cheaper in another store.

What is the price range of toy prices in hong kong? for the 1/48 vf-1, 1/60vf-0s, 1/48 fast pack and 1/48 gbp?

thanks

Edited by arrow

For the 1/60 VF-0S, I saw it selling at the following prices: -

HK$850 (Ant Shop, 1/F, CTMA Center, Mong Kok).

HK$890 (a small shop on 16/F, CTMA Center, Mong Kok).

HK$980 (Animate in basement of Sino Center, Mong Kok).

I picked up mine in a small toy shop in Tai Po for HK$880.

I think the VF-0S is sold out everywhere now.

For the 1/48 Super stealth, I paid HK$1,050.

I've seen the 1/48 VF-1A Cannon Fodder sell for between HK$750 to HK$850 IIRC.

Graham

VF-0S are still available on 2/F, 3/F of Sino Center

But the price has gone up to HK$980 (used to be $860-$890)

I always buy my valks from the shop at the dead end of 16/F of CTMA Center.

Paid HK$780 for my Low Vis 2

and HK$1,020 for my Super Stealth

OMG! these prices are really freaking affordable compared to the prices here in spore. gotta do some serious shopping when i pop by next month. btw, anyone has any idea if the force fx lightsabers are cheaper too? sorry for being out of track in the last liner.

OMG! these prices are really freaking affordable compared to the prices here in spore. gotta do some serious shopping when i pop by next month. btw, anyone has any idea if the force fx lightsabers are cheaper too? sorry for being out of track in the last liner.

404756[/snapback]

You kidding? Singapore has it cheap too. Go check out urban attic. They seem to have the best prices in town and are very close to HK prices.

Here in Malaysia....pffft....no way we're getting such good prices. And its just across the causeway too.

404756[/snapback]

You kidding? Singapore has it cheap too. Go check out urban attic. They seem to have the best prices in town and are very close to HK prices.

Here in Malaysia....pffft....no way we're getting such good prices. And its just across the causeway too.

404793[/snapback]

You Sure? man, you got to open up your eyes man

Just to break the "cryptic" messages that ppl have been posting about SGD prices of macross stuff, cheapest i came across was RM400 for a VF-0S. That's about 170 SGD. In Malaysia, cheapest you'd get is RM550, which is about 239 SGD. That's quite a difference. So yes i'm quite sure right across the causeway its much cheaper.

And just lately, a certain newsletter from a shop in SG was advertising about RM390 for a Low Viz 2...that's about SGD170?! Dirt cheap!!

Come prove me wrong.

Sure thing,

Ever heard before $120 for Vf-1J and $80 for GBP? it's SGD we're talking about here

Yeap i heard. So what's your point? I did say SG was cheaper than here.

I think in Malaysia, cheapest you could go is RM545 (US$150)? Or you can get cheaper then that. Do tell :p I am really aiming for more ...

405086[/snapback]

Yeah i'd like to know too. Either Izzyfcuk has misunderstood or he seems to know where its cheaper in Malaysia. Do tell.

nope, it's in sg that im referring to, im not a malaysian yup the current market for the low vis ver 2 is around $170 right now,

405267[/snapback]

Next time read the posts properly before you ask me to "open your eyes". <_<

That was what i meant. You get much cheaper valks in SG than in MY.

Well if its about UA being cheapest in town, then i apologise since i'm not from SG. Not all SG shops have newsletters and that was the cheapest in a newsletter i got.

Of course on occasion, a shop in China Square (which doesn't do newsletter and websites) gets some dirt cheap stock......and i feel cheated for getting my stuff in MY.

despite my recent trip to HK and visiting the places mentioned in this thread as well as in the Hong Kong thread in the 'Where to Buy' forum, i found no more than 5 shops selling macross valks. prices ranged from extremely attractive (due to recent release and competition) and more expensive than those available in Singapore (due to dwindling stocks and popularity) like the Super Stealth. found the Megazone 23 Garland there but it wasn't appealing enough to me to part with 998HKD (a very reasonable price but the Garland looked very cheap plasticky to me, far wose than the plastic used for the 0S).

the LV2 was going for like 750HKD, very cheap, but i had decided early on i wouldn't get it. prices for 0S ranged from 850 (a very banged up box) to 890HKD. super stealth was far worse. i only spotted one and it was going for 1298HKD.

strangely enough, i didn't go to the 16/F shop in CTMA because i didn't realize there was one there. guess i wasn't taking notes carefully enough. but i've generally concluded that it won't be easy to look for macross stuff in HK anymore purely because it's not the 'in' thing to collect. more of SOC nowadays. even Gundam stuff wasn't easily found unless you're talking about GFF or MSIAs. heck, i couldn't believe that the UML (Universal Models Limited) flagship store in Mong Kok hardly stocked any new Gundam Seed Destiny model kits. so disappointing.

$96.67 for the LV2!  :o

$109.56 - $114.72 for the vf-0! :blink:

i need to move. :(

405599[/snapback]

well, if you take into account the fast and furious pace of living and working in HK and don't mind it all, go ahead. HK's so vibrant and colourful that one'll feel tired trying to catch up, especially for first-timers going there.

i must admit, toys are generally much cheaper there except when demand/popularity comes into play. i got some SW Koto stuff at great bargains too. guess being a neighbor to the world's largest toy producing company helps lower prices a lot.

P.S. Izzy, couldn't find the Max Q-rau at all. only see Miria's. >_<

hayao, you live in HK too? damn! wished i had time to meet up with Valk009 back when i was in HK. spent too much time accompany friends shopping, ended up not having enough time to source for Macross.

where did you find those prices? richmond? i didn't manage to go there again after the 1st time when i went there too late and most shops were closed. does richmond have a higher concentration of macross-selling shops?

hayao, you live in HK too? damn! wished i had time to meet up with Valk009 back when i was in HK. spent too much time accompany friends shopping, ended up not having enough time to source for Macross.

where did you find those prices? richmond? i didn't manage to go there again after the 1st time when i went there too late and most shops were closed. does richmond have a higher concentration of macross-selling shops?

405988[/snapback]

yes, iive in HK, and these lowest price is happen on the first 2day when the product release,

a shop in richmond 2nd floor always mark the price neerly same as the dealer price, just make 10-20 dollers(HKD) profit. Another good price shop is in N.T. FAN LANG ,but i don't know exactly location, just my friend told me.

a shop in richmond 2nd floor always mark the price neerly same as the dealer price, just make 10-20 dollers(HKD) profit.

405994[/snapback]

There's no way for toy shops making only hkd 10-20 profit! That's unacceptedly low.

One of my friends used to have a toy shop at Richmond. He told me toy shops in HK often get their goods from distributors in this way:

Take an example of Super Stealth.

The suggested resale price in Japan is 14,800 yen, which is roughly hkd 1,036 (100yen = hkd 7). Distributors sell to toy shops base on 14,800 yen, with the currency exchange rate tuned to 100yen=hkd4 - 100yen=hkd5, depending on the quantities.

By selling a Super Stealth at hkd 1,000, toy shop still makes hkd 260-408 profit!!!

Sadly, my friend didn't sell any Yamato valks or I could get them at even lower prices.... :(

Edited by widowmaker