Toy "look" Render

Rodavan

that looks great. fresh from the production line.

That shine ? is gloss coat ? what did you use to seal it?

edit : sp

Edited by Macross73

Could you repost the image with less artifacts, their killing me. lol!

Concerning the Toy look. Right now they have a painted high gloss feeling to them and the shadows need more kill to them. I would, if your planning on keeping the painted look, add a small amount of noise to your reflectance layer to help promote an 'orange peal'-ish and unevenly painted surface. I'd also tweak the change the specular settings so they are slightly larger.

Does the Cinema renderer have photon bounce??

An easy study case would be to take a similar physical model into a windowless room and set-up a spotlight on it and then take about an 30 minutes and study how the model looks under that condition. You can do the similar thing for natural light using a single window and no lights.

Thanks for the compliment guys :)

chrono - Not sure if Cinema has photon bounce , but will find out , I like the idea with the closed room and light , I will try it this weekend ......

Mowe - No I don't work for Yamato , I wish ... :rolleyes: .I will post a very old pic the guys here know loater tonight my time ......

Way over lite and to much noise(of course), but your getting there. I still feel that the surface it too perfect looking. How long did you let it render, because Maxwell generally needs about 12-48 hours to get really awsome renders.