Help Please, Mame Won't Play...

GutsAndCasca

Alright! Well, after everybody's help, I have a great working version of Mame32 and a front end that actually saves my controller configurations! Awesome. Also, I found out I had to change the names of my macross roms to "super dimension fortress" 1 and 2 to get the directory to acknowledge their existence. So everything is functioning well!

Thank you JB0 and Phalanx, you guys are mega-cool. Very much appreciated!

Sincerely,

----Brian

Edited by GutsAndCasca

There's an option somewhere in there to enable gamepad/joystick input somewhere.

Since I don't use MAME32, I can't say where.

As far as not recognizing the games... did you stick all 3 in the same place?

Assuming you got them from a decent site, the zip name should already match, and the internal ROM images should match the current MAME version.

If you did, hit F5 to refresh the game list(F5 SHOULD be refresh, anyways).

And what version NUMBER is your MAME32? Assuming they do anything normally, it'll be in the right-most menu, under "about."

There's absolutely no reason to not be getting sound. And I've seen too many people claiming to have the most recent version that didn't to take your similar claim at face value. No offense intended.

There's an option somewhere in there to enable gamepad/joystick input somewhere.

Since I don't use MAME32, I can't say where.

As far as not recognizing the games... did you stick all 3 in the same place?

Assuming you got them from a decent site, the zip name should already match, and the internal ROM images should match the current MAME version.

If you did, hit F5 to refresh the game list(F5 SHOULD be refresh, anyways).

And what version NUMBER is your MAME32? Assuming they do anything normally, it'll be in the right-most menu, under "about."

There's absolutely no reason to not be getting sound. And I've seen too many people claiming to have the most recent version that didn't to take your similar claim at face value. No offense intended.

403997[/snapback]

No offense taken, believe me! I'm totally Mame-illiterate and I know it. :D

MAME32 Version 0.62. <---- that's the Mame32 I have, and the Mame version I have I got from the Mame website, it's the newest they had posted as binary.... and I can't get it to do anything. When I use the emuloader with it, it won't show macross and macross 2, only macross plus. ??

Also, for some reason Mame won't "store" or remember that I want a joystick enabled. As soon as I click out of it, when I restart it, I have to go back to the properties menu and reconfigure the joystick, eeeeeeeeeverytime.

If someone out there really knows how to use Mame, REALLY well, could you please help me out? I've downloaded the latest version of Mame32, and it plays Macross plus with the sound, A-okay. BUT, it won't acknowledge that I have Macross 1 and Macross 2! Also, I can't save the same controller configuration permanently. Everytime I play a game, I have to reconfigure the controls. Because of this, I can open macross with mame32 from the desktop, and it plays WITh sound, but I can't play it because it won't register that I have a controller, so I can't configure the controller. If anyone understands anything I'm saying here, please, PLEASE help me out. Thank you!!!

----Brian

403992[/snapback]

Brian, do you have MAME32 Version 0.90u1?, the most recent emulator that's available? You may need to download that since most of the bugs with previous varaints are fixed in this update. Also, Did you try rescanning the rom directory to see if it works? Also about your controller, did you try restarting your computer for your computer to fully recognize the controller? If so, I think that should have done it but to configure your controls, go into the options menu, select default game options, click on the controller tab and where it says enable joysick input, click on that. I think the program assumes that any type of controller you have whether it be a flight joystick, or PC controller or etc, is a joystick. Then when you start a new game , remap the buttons like you do and the program should auto save your buuton configuration.

If someone out there really knows how to use Mame, REALLY well, could you please help me out? I've downloaded the latest version of Mame32, and it plays Macross plus with the sound, A-okay. BUT, it won't acknowledge that I have Macross 1 and Macross 2! Also, I can't save the same controller configuration permanently. Everytime I play a game, I have to reconfigure the controls. Because of this, I can open macross with mame32 from the desktop, and it plays WITh sound, but I can't play it because it won't register that I have a controller, so I can't configure the controller. If anyone understands anything I'm saying here, please, PLEASE help me out. Thank you!!!

----Brian

403992[/snapback]

Brian, do you have MAME32 Version 0.90u1?, the most recent emulator that's available? You may need to download that since most of the bugs with previous varaints are fixed in this update. Also, Did you try rescanning the rom directory to see if it works? Also about your controller, did you try restarting your computer for your computer to fully recognize the controller? If so, I think that should have done it but to configure your controls, go into the options menu, select default game options, click on the controller tab and where it says enable joysick input, click on that. I think the program assumes that any type of controller you have whether it be a flight joystick, or PC controller or etc, is a joystick. Then when you start a new game , remap the buttons like you do and the program should auto save your buuton configuration.

404008[/snapback]

Thanks a bunch, I'm checking the web to see where I can download it right now. Also, I'm using Mame 0106b? I think it is

Edited by GutsAndCasca

You know what... if someone could just tell me exactly where to download the correct Mame32 with everything I need to go with it, I'll give you my 2nd born. It's a lot to ask, but any of you humanitarian/altruistic types out there with time to spare, please help. *gets on knees*

puh-LEEEEEEAZE

if I can ever help you with anything, I promise I will!

--Bri

You know what... if someone could just tell me exactly where to download the correct Mame32 with everything I need to go with it, I'll give you my 2nd born. It's a lot to ask, but any of you humanitarian/altruistic types out there with time to spare, please help.  *gets on knees*

puh-LEEEEEEAZE

if I can ever help you with anything, I promise I will!

--Bri

404033[/snapback]

thenationnet.com

Phalanx ;)B))

No offense taken, believe me! I'm totally Mame-illiterate and I know it.  :D

MAME32 Version 0.62.  <---- that's the Mame32 I have, and the Mame version I have I got from the Mame website, it's the newest they had posted as binary.... and I can't get it to do anything. When I use the emuloader with it, it won't show macross and macross 2, only macross plus. ??

404003[/snapback]

*shudders*

That version of MAME32's hopelessly dated. Delete it.

http://mame32qa.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ has the current version. Pr'ly other places too, that DON'T require you to have a FilePlanet account, but I don't care enough to find them.

You can't get official MAME to work because it's a command-line program. It should say as much when you run it.

If Emuloader isn't showing the games, then they're named wrong, in the wrong place, or bad sets.

And I KNOW F5 refreshes Emuloader.

Brian, do you have MAME32 Version 0.90u1?, the most recent emulator that's available?

You are wrong.

0.106 is the most recent version of MAME32, as well as the most recent version of official MAME.