Will Yamato Bring Out Another Dark Horse?

kensei

You know what, to compensate everything, it would've been good Yamato just released 1/48 or 1/60 scale toys of every single Macross mecha there is. Then that way, we'd all be satisfied. Yamato should seriously start releasing toys of Macross mecha that they've never released before, regardless of whether or not consumers will be interested in them or not. However, when I think about, I don't think there's a lot of interest in side story and enemy mecha from the series as everyone is interested in just the official canon VF designs.

Or even more suprising and seemingly interesting, it would be a surpise if Yamato released toys of SK's Advanced Valkyrie designs. However, I think it would be somewhat likely though...........

Can you/will you say if a lot of it is non-macross?

If it is non-macross, something from patlabor would be nice. I like the alphonse. (an unbuilt model kit sits in my desk drawer)

I don't think there's a lot of interest in side story and enemy mecha from the series as everyone is interested in just the official canon VF designs.

Which is why if they do something that isn't popular, only aim for the serious collector. Forget the small scale stuff if you are going to do better versions in bigger scale imo. I for one hope they do the sv51/52 for macross zero. As long as the bad guys have cool mecha too, then I think there will be interest.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hmmm.....how about the VF-2SS from Mac II Lovers again at 1/48 scale. Now that would be the shi,,,,  :rolleyes:

403483[/snapback]

I will also chime in that the Mac II VFs are pretty awesome and even if the anime wasn't the best, the mecha deserve a toy to be collected. (I just want one so I don't have to try to build a model kit!) :lol:

403627[/snapback]

I would like to see The VF-2SS(even though I have 2 of 4 models built) and the Metal Siren. Maybe even a Macross cannon.

I would like the VF-3000 Crusader or the SW-XAI Schneeblume. Those two are my favorite VF's along with the VF-1.

Both represent an advanced VF-1.

Some pics of the VF-3000:

post-557-1149041065_thumb.jpg

post-557-1149041085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Ya know, I've been thinking whether or not SK controls or determines what VF toys Yamato produces and markets, because I think this epitomizes why we don't see some of the other mecha made into toys, whether it be the zentran mecha, the varauta or other U.N spacy mecha. I also think this is the reason why some of us M2 mecha fans never got the chance to see the Valkyrie 2 made into a toy.

All I know is: it's a damn shame I have to depend on :angry: Toynami :angry: to make a Beta.

>>>Dear Sharrdd,

Thank you for your interest in our Beta Fighter Masterpiece. Currently,

the Beta is still in production and will not be available until 2007.

Although we are very excited about this piece, we cannot release any

details regarding the Beta at this time. Please check back soon for

updates on the Beta this coming summer. Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Toynami, Inc.<<<

Edited by Sharrdd

All I know is: it's a damn shame I have to depend on  :angry: Toynami :angry:  to make a Beta.

>>>Dear Sharrdd,

Thank you for your interest in our Beta Fighter Masterpiece. Currently,

the Beta is still in production and will not be available until 2007.

Although we are very excited about this piece, we cannot release any

details regarding the Beta at this time. Please check back soon for

updates on the Beta this coming summer. Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Toynami, Inc.<<<

404017[/snapback]

Sharrdd - I hear ya mate!!

<_<

More Macross that's not a VF-1 would be welcome departure... :) I'll hook my wallet to Yamato's accounts without regret if they deliver something new.

More Macross that's not a VF-1 would be welcome departure...  :)  I'll hook my wallet to Yamato's accounts without regret if they deliver something new.

404886[/snapback]

That's really what I wanted people to speculate in this thread....something that's not a VF-1 or VF-1esque. Something that we would never have dreamed that they would consider.

Macross 7 Aircraft.

Yamato already has the VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21. Will only take minor mods to make them Jamming Bird, Kia 19, and Max VF-22. Include the magnet fast packs and fold boosters.

New airframes Zola VF-5000 and VF-17.

I'd like to see some Regults personally. I don't know how big they'd be in 1/60, but since they can milk a couple variants from the base molds, with the large and small missile types (I think the scout might be too different), why not? They don't transform, so they should be cheaper and easier to manufacture. Also, if they made them with opening cockpits, and pilot figures, like the Q Rau, that would kick a$$.

OT - But IMO the Toynami Beta will suck just as hard as the alphas. I have had so many problems with the one I own that I just had to find the last Gakken one I was missing. Really dissappointing...as is the scale. The delay in their production schedule is a huge problem as well...2007?

Back on topic, Yamato would do VERY well for themselves to re-design and create larger scale toys from Macross Plus. That could lead to improved Macross 7 valkryies as well. I would easily fork over $200 for a 1/48 VF-11B with fast packs...Yamato could break me on that toy alone.

Smaller scales suck. I would have preferred the VF-0S in 1/55 scale if not 1/48. We're not talking about a lot of plastic here...

I'd like to see some Regults personally. I don't know how big they'd be in 1/60, but since they can milk a couple variants from the base molds, with the large and small missile types (I think the scout might be too different), why not? They don't transform, so they should be cheaper and easier to manufacture. Also, if they made them with opening cockpits, and pilot figures, like the Q Rau, that would kick a$$.

A Regult in 1/60 scale would be just shy of 10" tall. I agree whole-heartedly with this sentiment. It'd be really nice to see Yamato briefly focus on the enemy mecha for span. Release the TV version Q-Rau, release the various Glaugs and Regults, and release articulated character figures like they did for the Scopedog and Garland.

Smaller scales suck. I would have preferred the VF-0S in 1/55 scale if not 1/48. We're not talking about a lot of plastic here...

I couldn't disagree more. If Yamato has gotten good enough to fit more things into smaller places then they should do it. I just wish the original 1/60 hadn't been so terrible because it'd be great to see the whole Mac universe done in that scale but a damn shame to have its corner piece be such a lame VF-1 toy.

i'm hoping that they make everything everybodies

mentioned give or take a couple of things.

i like the 1/60 scale it costs less and i dont see why Yamato cant do a perfect transformation on the 1/60 Vf-1. Besides I like die cast.

Heh, abandon all hope of ever being able to buy a house or send your kids to college. Yamato is going to own all your money. Mwahahahaha!

Graham

403549[/snapback]

That is scary yet exciting. Can I ask any more VF-1 molds? I am hearing rumors that the 2 seaters are a low priority. All other stuff is gravy in my book.

i'm hoping that they make everything everybodies

mentioned give or take a couple of things.

i like the 1/60 scale it costs less and i dont see why Yamato cant do a perfect transformation on the 1/60 Vf-1. Besides I like die cast.

404929[/snapback]

I dunno, the heavy die-cast in the legs of the 1/60's makes them somewhat unweildy when posing--and of course there's that resultant tendency to spontaneously take headers off of dressers/furniture. Kinda turned me off to the 1/60's. I wouldn't mind if they used less die-cast content; the grades of plastic used in them seem sturdy enough. If anything, I'd love to see them refine the molds on the nose/canopy area, to make them more "accurate" like the 1/48's. I know that's wishful thinking; such a thing would surely mean almost complete redesign/retooling?

Edited by reddsun1

Macross 7 Aircraft.

Yamato already has the VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21. Will only take minor mods to make them Jamming Bird, Kia 19, and Max VF-22. Include the magnet fast packs and fold boosters.

404903[/snapback]

Fly4victory - What's the Max VF-22 look like? Any pics or links?

:huh:

OT - But IMO the Toynami Beta will suck just as hard as the alphas.  I have had so many problems with the one I own that I just had to find the last Gakken one I was missing.  Really dissappointing...as is the scale.  The delay in their production schedule is a huge problem as well...2007?

While I agree that the Toynami Beta will likely (make that highly likely) suck, or best case not meet expectations. Dude ... I gotta get me a Beta replica toy!!! The prospect of it being able to link up to the MPC Alpha is way too cool!!!

:)

While I agree that the Toynami Beta will likely (make that highly likely) suck, or best case not meet expectations.  Dude ... I gotta get me a Beta replica toy!!!  The prospect of it being able to link up to the MPC Alpha is way too cool!!!

405011[/snapback]

Exactly.

Since Yamato can't do any of the Next Gen Mecha you have to take what you can get.

And no I don't see the big-wheel (Yamato Garland) as a cyclone.

Macross 7 Aircraft.

404903[/snapback]

405010[/snapback]

post-867-1149394749_thumb.jpg

post-867-1149394925_thumb.jpg

There's lot's of cool stuff coming out over the next few years. That's all I can/will say.

Graham

403534[/snapback]

Anything to look forward to for the 2nd half of this year?

Do their releases follow any pattern, so many a year or a certain time of the year?

Macross 7 Aircraft.

404903[/snapback]

405010[/snapback]

405197[/snapback]

Thanks so much for posting the pics!!! So I guess this valk was in Macross 7, eh?

Never did see that anime ....

I hope they come out with a SDF-1 Macross both DYRL and TV Series larger scale and high on detail if they don come up with this I'll have thre SDF-1's I just got my SDF-1 from my mom's attic from Pittsburgh last Sunday now it's added with my collection. :)