Yamato's Upcoming 1/60 VF-0A

Graham

I'll certainly get one of these to display in battroid mode. I love the 0A head.

I'm having a hard time trying not to order a first release vf-0S, but getting this will help me wait for the second release. Then all I need is the Shin vf-0A and, ofcourse, a vf-0D!

After looking at the pics again, it does look a bit too 'clean' though.

That's it! Now I see what's missing.

panel lines! Thing guy really really needs panel lines, and possibly some weathering.

418046[/snapback]

Yeah, I totally agree!...Panel lines will make this baby look sschweeeter!!! :)

I think I have Yamato's plan figured out.

Question; Why didn't Yamato release Shin's vf-0A after the initial vf-0s Roy relaese?

Answer; Because they want to release the ghost pack along with the vf-0A Shin and it would be too soon to release that right after the vf-0S. By releasing the Cf vf-0a first they are making sure we all buy a normal vf-0A first and then all buy the VF-0A shin.

any thoughts?

That F'ing Rocks.

WOW... The color looks good and the Zero-A head looks awesome....

I'm assuming Yamato will follow it's brilliant tampo printing for this release, so the skulls not being painted I'm sure will be fixed... remember the vf-0S didn't have printings either in the mag scans.

I haven't watch M0 for a while... so this is neither a CF or Shin's scheme? Nice job on blending the grays, but I would have preferred something more subtle with a less conspicuous heatshield in fighter mode. That what I liked about the canon schemes. I'm surprised I actually like the Focker scheme better.

Awsome overall, but if I'm buying another zero, I might wait for Shin -0A w/Ghost... might....

I think I have Yamato's plan figured out.

Question; Why didn't Yamato release Shin's vf-0A after the initial vf-0s Roy relaese?

Answer; Because they want to release the ghost pack along with the vf-0A Shin and it would be too soon to release that right after the vf-0S. By releasing the Cf vf-0a first they are making sure we all buy a normal vf-0A first and then all buy the VF-0A shin.

any thoughts?

418097[/snapback]

Other than the darker color of the heat shield this looks a lot like Shin's vf-0A.

Graham can we get a verification?

Wow looks nice. Hopefully they will fix the swivel joints in it this time.

As a fan of LV, the brownie CF, and the grey vf11 colours, (more than the white dyrl valks) I know I will end up caving in to get this. You always need a normal painted valk (or a few) to stand near a roy/shin/hikaru to make a nice display. (as opposed to buying multiples of the same character all standing in the same spot which imo is boring)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I haven't caved in and bought the VF-0S yet but if they keep releasing more valks from Zero that look as good as this one, i might just have to start sinking more of my money in yet another Macross line. NO!!!! :o

Awesome!!!!!!!! I really hope this won't be Skull Squadron and will be the Bunny one instead. I'm really burn't out on Skull Squad, something diff. would be nice for a change.

As For shin's VF-0a, it is much more blue grey than the model image that some posted. I would say that the Yamato VF-0A is much more close to the actual cannon fodder than to shin's VF-0a. Also Yamato, VF-0a has different striping than what Shin's version had.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Perfect!  I don't care how accurate the colors are or whatever.  It looks awesome in the pics and I must have one!

418300[/snapback]

Sigh...

i have that problem too... when a toy is stuck in my head, it slowly becomes an obsession for the next few days until i cave in and just buy it. Thankfully, i haven;t caved in to buying repaints.

AHHHHH i want one 0D now :(

OHHHhh i'm back! been a while! :p

Hm.  Here's the Hasegawa version as culled from HLJ.  Rather different.  The Hase' looks more accurate to my eyes.

418348[/snapback]

You know, looking at that pic, I prefer yamato's color choice.

Besides, The environment lighting in the anime changes so often that no one can really tell which is "accurate"...

If they're going to change the color of anything, I'd say make the headshield a tad lighter... it still looks great left alone though~ :p

Edit: I gotta say this again... Man, that OA head looks good......

Yamato, Dont forget to Tampo Print markings!

Edited by Nani?!

As some of you have already noticed, the paint scheme on the Yamato VF-0A is not accurate to either the anime Cannon Fodder VF-0A colors, or Shin's VF-0A from episode # 5.

Here's were we start moving into Twilight Zone territory. According to the Hory Froating Head (HFH), who gets final approval: -

1) The VF-0A colors shown in the anime are not correct.

2) There is actually only one type of VF-0A color scheme, (not 2 separate color schmes for Shin & Cannon Fodder).

3) The colors on the Yamato VF-0A are the official HFH approved colors.

Personally, I think HFH has been smoking too many funny cigarettes recently!

I've been discussing the VF-0A paint scheme issue with Yamato for months to try to get them to change to anime-accurate schemes and while they are aware of the colors shown in the OVA, the HFH's word must unfortunately be followed to the letter.

I like the scheme that Yamato is using for the VF-0A and will definitely buy it, but I also want versions in correct anime colours.

I guess if anybody wants truly accurate Cannon Fodder or Shin's versions, it's going to be up to the customisers.

Graham

Oh and the VF-0A will have the improved tighter bicep and knee swivel joints and an improved tighter backpack hinge.

Note, the photos shown so far don't have the Tampo printing. The production version will of course have Tampo printed markings.

I know what the tail markings are going to be, but not sure If I'm supposed to say yet.

Graham

As some of you have already noticed, the paint scheme on the Yamato VF-0A is not accurate to either the anime Cannon Fodder VF-0A colors, or Shin's VF-0A from episode # 5.

Here's were we start moving into Twilight Zone territory. According to the Hory Froating Head (HFH), who gets final approval: -

1) The VF-0A colors shown in the anime are not correct.

2) There is actually only one type of VF-0A color scheme, (not 2 separate color schmes for Shin & Cannon Fodder).

3) The colors on the Yamato VF-0A are the official HFH approved colors.

Personally, I think HFH has been smoking too many funny cigarettes recently!

I've been discussing the VF-0A paint scheme issue with Yamato for months to try to get them to change to anime-accurate schemes and while they are aware of the colors shown in the OVA, the HFH's word must unfortunately be followed to the letter.

I like the scheme that Yamato is using for the VF-0A and will definitely buy it, but I also want versions in correct anime colours.

I guess if anybody wants truly accurate Cannon Fodder or Shin's versions, it's going to be up to the customisers.

Graham

418441[/snapback]

Thanks for the clear up Graham.

Wow, although I figured that there might be a possibility that the anime has the colors changed a bit, but now there's no separate shin type vf-0A?

That's weird... The macross zero main site has a standard vf-0A mecha picture and it DEFINITELY different than the colors yamato was given to use... The shin type has a white stripe across it's chest... and the wings of the standard vf-0A (the official pictures, has no darker stripe on it like the yamato colors do...

haha HFH is definitely on something... :lol:

Edited by Nani?!

That's weird... The macross zero main site has a standard vf-0A mecha picture and it DEFINITELY different than the colors yamato was given to use... The shin type has a white stripe across it's chest... and the wings of the standard vf-0A (the official pictures, has no darker stripe on it like the yamato colors do... 

haha HFH is definitely on something...  :lol:

418445[/snapback]

I know, I pointed them to the pics on the Big West site and the Bandai Visual Zero site, sent screen grabs from the anime and scans of Tenjin's box art and Hasegawa paint guides to make my case. From what I understand, anime accurate samples were shown to HFH for approval, but he nixed the idea and told them to use his color scheme.

Graham

hmm

i want one!

my only complaints with my VF0S is the way the arms lock up, it bends that joint their attached to... won't that wear down and become nice and brittle with time?

sry that just creeped me out when i first TFormed the thing, that and the way the panel behind the head in battroid mode locks up.. just seems a bit much force is required :/

ahh well

still, Yamato makes the best!

mmm VF0 goodness from yamato...

wow... the fuel blisters do come off! most interesting... wonder if it means something, since it leaves those big holes, yamato usualy doesn't overlook such things do they?

of the companies making Macross items, Yamato by far does some of the best justice to these things :)

hope they make some Low Vis 0's

Edited by GrimlockCW

That's a bit disappointing. I really prefer the anime-accurate CF scheme to this one. I guess this means no bunny heads?

Ah well. Eventually, ...maybe. They'll want to get as much juice out of the molds as possible...

Has HFH said that the anime schemes are utterly verboten? Or is it just that this first CF release has to be as he intended?

haha HFH is definitely on something...  :lol:

418445[/snapback]

I know, I pointed them to the pics on the Big West site and the Bandai Visual Zero site, sent screen grabs from the anime and scans of Tenjin's box art and Hasegawa paint guides to make my case. From what I understand, anime accurate samples were shown to HFH for approval, but he nixed the idea and told them to use his color scheme.

Graham

418450[/snapback]

IIRC,

Yamato had a 1:100 vf-0 on display in one of their showcases that had a more correct regular vf-0A color scheme. Is it POSSIBLE that yamato can issue a anime correct vf-0A and call it something else?

Frankly, if it's possible, they can call it whatever they want, my money will be there for any VF-0~ :lol::p