Macross Captioned Picture Thread

ComicKaze

Okay, a lot of forums have caption threads and digging around, I found this one I made in 1999 or something (wow, it's been almost 8 years, that's frightening). Make your own captioned pics!

gunless.jpg

Edited by ComicKaze

If there's one thing I've learned about fan-made comics on Macross World. It's that they're not funny. Not a single one.

What about Little Valkyrie comic strips? I think those were funny.

FV

404089[/snapback]

Little Valk sucked. The only thing funny about that was the writer's elitist schtick wherein he had so much hot-air blown up his ass he thought his strips were actually worthwhile and something approaching "art."

The only reason people thought Little Valk (and other various fan-made comics on MW) were funny or amusing or even worthwhile is because they feature Macross. Put any other series in there and the people on MW would be realizing them for the unfunny crap they are.

If there's one thing I've learned about fan-made comics on Macross World. It's that they're not funny. Not a single one.

What about Little Valkyrie comic strips? I think those were funny.

FV

404089[/snapback]

Little Valk sucked. The only thing funny about that was the writer's elitist schtick wherein he had so much hot-air blown up his ass he thought his strips were actually worthwhile and something approaching "art."

The only reason people thought Little Valk (and other various fan-made comics on MW) were funny or amusing or even worthwhile is because they feature Macross. Put any other series in there and the people on MW would be realizing them for the unfunny crap they are.

404104[/snapback]

Those are fighting words :p

I liked those comics the part with the pokemon not as much but rest was good.

I was only 16 years old, ya hobo. Tell me, what did you expect from a goddamn teenager with a warez copy of photoshop and a bunch of idiots egging him on? And I never, ever thought that my strips were art. They were often hastily thrown together and highly pixelated with lots of amateur Photoshop techniques. Did you have a problem with me or the comic at the time?

404104[/snapback]

I'll thank you for NOT putting words in my (or anyone elses) mouth next time you decide to try and speak for everyone. <_<

I enjoyed the strips and not just because they "featured macross". Rather, they were basically an allegory of the membership of Macrossworld's temperment about all things Harmony Gold.

Speak for yourself next time. you'll look like less of an ass.

Edited by Skull Leader

What about Agent One's image of Graham out killing hobos, that was pretty funny. There were a few funny images in the "great moments in Anime done in MSPaint" thread too.

Did you have a problem with me or the comic at the time?

404300[/snapback]

I wasn't actually all that active around here when Lil Valk was popular. All i remember is them being regarded as waaay more funny than they actually were, and you getting butthurt about your imitators.

I'll thank you for NOT putting words in my (or anyone elses) mouth next time you decide to try and speak for everyone. 

I enjoyed the strips and not just because they "featured macross". Rather, they were basically an allegory of the membership of Macrossworld's temperment about all things Harmony Gold.

Speak for yourself next time. you'll look like less of an ass.

Allegory is an awfully fancy word to describe something drawn in MS Paint.

What about Agent One's image of Graham out killing hobos, that was pretty funny.

Damn, you got me. That was pretty funny.

The only reason people thought Little Valk (and other various fan-made comics on MW) were funny or amusing or even worthwhile is because they feature Macross.

Those strips had some macrossworld in-jokes I couldn't understand at the time I read them, but I still found funny the Macross VS Harmony Gold jokes, the Valkyrie gattai and so on.

I am not a Macross guy, I am a Kawamori guy. I think Macross II sucked. It's not because there is Macross featured within I find something funny (although it should be noted that obviously each anime has its own ways of being parodied).

It is true that a lot of fan-based material is lame, though, with fanfics being the worst and fan-arts (including CG modeling) having potentialities. It' just that, with all the people trying, there is a chance someone will make something good.

FV

What about Agent One's image of Graham out killing hobos, that was pretty funny. There were a few funny images in the "great moments in Anime done in MSPaint" thread too.

404397[/snapback]

Can you post a link to the A1 image of Graham wasting hobos? I've been trying the search function, but have given up after just scrolling through one of the hits that was a 37 pager.

404397[/snapback]

Can you post a link to the A1 image of Graham wasting hobos? I've been trying the search function, but have given up after just scrolling through one of the hits that was a 37 pager.

404862[/snapback]

Points to ava