What's Better: Toynami Or Yamato Fps?

Vermillion21

you may wanna get the VF-0A first. you been checking out what's up with the VF-0S in the forum? kyatsu

Unless I cave and get a VF-0S instead ..... decisions, decisions....

:)

402777[/snapback]

I hear ya Kyatsu .... but the 0S is the "classic" skull leader man ....

Those fastpacks aren't on exactly right I don't think, I'm pretty sure that there isn't supposed to be a gap between the forward thing and the main body of the pack. I'd have to get out my own fp's to check though. They would probably look a little better if you fixed them. Be careful though, I don't wanna be responsible for you having broken your fp.

Are you talking about the missile booms? They're on as tight as they can go unless there's some sort of latching trick I don't know about. All the plastic looks flush with each other. Next time you have yours out take a look and let me know if there's a little trick I'm missing.

You're sure they're as tight as they can go? I just got mine out and it sits right against it; there's no gap. I think maybe it's just that picture. I posted because someone else complained about the upward angle, I thought that had something to do with it.

Also does anyone with these fastpacks have a problem with the leg armor falling off? I'm talking about the whole thing, base and all, i put a small piece of paper on the peg that it connects to and now it holds just fine, but for a while I couldn't even display it because it was always falling off.

you can either wait and get a better version or rush in and get a version that lots of people have problems with my friend. you can cave in to temptation or be wised and wait for improvement. if the super stealth is gonna be re-issue later on, i would have waited. since i or we dont know that and i have a bad feeling it probably wouldnt, that's why i bought it. my super stealth does have some problems like: the right wing flap is loose and the missles (FP missles) are also loose. but since it's only for display, i can over look the problems. but you know, when you spend your hard earn cash, you want the good stuff. get what i mean? kyatsu

ps

if you have been watching yamato's pattern. i am so sure they will re-issue the VF-0S again and again just like the VF-1S roy. how many roy have they re-issue? like 5 or 6 times already, so dont sweat it.

402781[/snapback]

Edited by kyatsu

you can either wait and get a better version or rush in and get a version that lots of people have problems with my friend. you can cave in to temptation or be wised and wait for improvement. if the super stealth is gonna be re-issue later on, i would have waited. since i or we dont know that and i have a bad feeling it probably wouldnt, that's why i bought it. my super stealth does have some problems like: the right wing flap is loose and the missles (FP missles) are also loose. but since it's only for display, i am over look the problems. but you know, when you spend your hard earn cash, you want the good stuff. get what i mean? kyatsu

ps

if you have been watching yamato's pattern. i am so sure they will re-issue the VF-0S again and again just like the VF-1S roy. how many roy have they re-issue? like 5 or 6 times already, so dont sweat it.

402781[/snapback]

403237[/snapback]

Fair enough - you're right, Yamato has reissued Roy's VF-1S numerous times, so it stands to reason that they will reissue the VF-0S as well. I guess it's something that Graham said in another post about production runs that has me worried ....

see here post #10:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=19095

I just started collecting and feel way behind mate .....

Also does anyone with these fastpacks have a problem with the leg armor falling off? I'm talking about the whole thing, base and all, i put a small piece of paper on the peg that it connects to and now it holds just fine, but for a while I couldn't even display it because it was always falling off.

Yes, on one of the three I have the whole leg section seems to constantly want to pop off. There are little tricks I can do to make it not want to pop off quite so bad (if I position the outer leg shell just a little off center it seems to reduce the pressure for some reason). Basically, it just kind of sucks. I just checked my other pics I took at the same time as the one posted here, it looks like there may have been a tiny bit of separation at the very bottom parter of that missile boom. In the pics with the top shell on the seam is only noticeable right at the very bottom. You're right, that could cause it to look like the fast packs point out a bit. That said, even in the pics where they're sucked right up, the fast packs still do point up much further than Yamato's.

Vermillion21, i just started to collect the 1/48 this year. it's not about being behind. it's about spending money wisely. heck, i am sure we missed out on the VF-1J max and miria, but i think the super stealth VF-1J is way cool and it's a good substitute. anywho, somewhere later on the road, someone might be selling a valk that you like and maybe he or she will give you a good deal. beside, we like in so cal so you know how damn expensive it is just to pay rent, gas (vehicle gas), go out money, etc. so, we really have to watch our spending. even if you and i make good dough, it's still smart to spend smart because sooner or later, we have to buy a property and that's gonna hurt if we dont have money for it, right? take care fellow so cal resident, kyasu :D

I am also jealous that you have ALL of the different versions/styles ....

Dude start a banpresto collection. That will cheer you up. Most people are probably happy to own just one yamato (superior to all previous vf1 toys) when they first begin. :D

There are people starving in africa who haven't even heard of macross. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Nice pics of the evolution Jenuis. Thanks for sharing. Clearly, 1/48 is the winner in my book.

Hey guys, glad you enjoy the pics! No doubt the 1/48 trumps all. There's a few little things I do like about some of the others though. The 1/60 comes with the stamped Reflex weaponry logo on the missiles. Seems a little odd that that would be missing from the 1/48s. The 1/60 and the MPC armor also comes with kite/jolly roger already on the fast packs. I know it's not on the 1/48 since they're sold separately and meant to be applicable to any valk but it's still a nice touch on those smaller versions. Finally, the MPC does have a couple little booster nozzles you can actually move around which is another nice touch. Still, the detail, paint application, and the little removeable missiles (not pictured) on the 1/48 are just too cool.