New Robotech Shadow Chronicles Vid

I don't really get it (as far as the Neutron S missiles are being used and how they're ordered and when) from the brief write-up presented there. Rick ordered them, then had a change of heart after it was too late? Did I misread it or is that what it said?

At the end of the "Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles" series the SDF-3 & Dukalion ships were testing the NSMs in a dead sector of space. It looked liked the missles tore open space & the ships were sucked into it. I think Rick realized the Haydonites were setting them up and that's the reason he had a change of heart.

With all the hype about the monster tits, I'm starting to get a little excited about this release too. Hell, maybe if every character in robotech had huge tits, it'd be a massive success.

... at the risk of asking an overly obvious question...

... even Rick Hunter? LOL

yeah, I got me a set as well...The soda tastes good, as does most of DR Jones soda. I'm just missing the blue one. It wasn't done as something to market, just something for the HG screening at their theater. And I'm one of those guys that posted up in the thread about the boobs, and the plot. It's a lot going on, and from seeing the movie myself, it's because they have people working on these things that shouldn't be directing, or writing story. the plot works, but it's presented in a very poor manner. A kid could've done it.

That being said, I've seen and met people that could probably do that show some justice, but what seems to be one person's vision of the show is really what could end up destroying it.

Just got back from see Robotech: Shadow Chronicles. It's ok I think it's HG last dicth effort on bring back Robotech. The character look good, but the CGI looked out of place slow down the movie with the action scene. The director was there taking question plus he was signing autograph after the movie. Everbody got a free poster and he signed it.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing about RT:TSC that is known for certain is that it will be released in early 2007. Neat.

I saw it when it was shown in Connecticut...It wasn't awful...It was nice to see something new from HG, but it was also a little disappointing to see how average it was. Especially if you're a fan and you've been waiting for something new for so long.

The only thing about RT:TSC that is known for certain is that it will be released in early 2007. Neat.

I saw it when it was shown in Connecticut...It wasn't awful...It was nice to see something new from HG, but it was also a little disappointing to see how average it was. Especially if you're a fan and you've been waiting for something new for so long.

Actually it's nice to see ANY ORIGINAL ANIMATION from HG... I hope it takes off for them, then they'll stop trying to usurp legitimate anime series' into something they aren't.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no. When a project hangs in limbo it can mean a lot of things, most of the time at the point in the game they are at now (the product is "finished" and awaiting distribution) it means behind the scenes financial things are not shored up yet. I have always said and I stick to my feelings that this project, reguardless of quality, cost HG a lot, a whole lot more than they might be willing to admit... and as such they are possibly scrambing for ways to maximize the release for greater initial return on investment. While some might see this as a "the milk is stale" situation, the usual reason is that they are trying to finagle lower percentages on distribution deals and get better cost of production numbers from various channels. In other words their bean counters are scrounging ways to make this release cost them less, earn them more and get more product on the shelves and in front of more people. My money is on their money and bottom line being the prime reason the delays have mounted. If this release does not go off as well as I think they need it to go off, they may have just shot themselves in their wallet.

Also how many people know about this dvd outside of Robotech fans? They need to get the rest of anime public aware of it.

They only have themselves to blame for that. I've more than once told people at Robotech.com that they need to go to more than just anime cons out West and that getting into a really big Con, like DragonCon, would have garnered them more exposure. They're not reaching out to the general sci-fi fans, which is stupid.

Not that I think this movie is that good, mind you. As I said earlier, its essentially Tommy Yune's version of End of the Circle and is a continuity nightmare.

Here's the part that confuses me. Exactly how did Tommy Yune become a major player in Robotech again? I thought he was just some fanboy that got hired to run the website, and then all of a sudden he's doing bad character art for toys & directing bad movies. I think he's someone at HG's son!