New Robotech Shadow Chronicles Vid

So, is HG gonna charge $17.99 (plus tax) for the bare-bones, non-anamophic, full-screen version? And $48.85(plus tax) for the super-duper deluxe, wide-screen, anamophic version with alternate audio commentary, an animation cel, and zero bonus/special features)?!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I recommend to all to buy it online from Deep Discount DVD.com. Their prices are usually pretty good + free shipping, and they have an annual sale where all DVDs are 20% off - just gotta check when at www.dvdpricesearch.com.

:)

So do you doubt that anyone has actually seen The Shadow Chronicles? That seems a bit silly. I'm sure the group has an NDA of some form going. Next conspiracy: "They have an NDA because they know it sucks!" Oooh maybe... or it might be standard operating procedure. I'm sure with everything being finalized we'll start seeing more info pouring on to the web. I'm just hoping some of it has to do with a new toy line :)

Oh come on, an NDA for a movie 90% of the public doesn't even know about to begin with? Doesn't make sense, nor would it stop reviews, impressions, etc, from leaking out.

I don't just doubt that anyone has seen it, I doubt there were any screenings to begin with.

I'm also quite skeptical... knowing how lippy and quick on the "IMHO" draw internet fandom is you'd think even a simple review would be circulating by this point with all the supposed screenings the thing has had. As for an NDA that is already out the window. Hell it was supposedly openly screened at Cannes... how can something have an NDA in force when it is publicly screened at Cannes (complete with large public billboards advertising it there)? At the same time how can it be screened and not have some sort of review or "someone's impressions" floating around the internet? I mean it's not like this thing is a DOD project and people are under the pain of death if they talk about it. If HG showed it in an open venue like Cannes with a supposedly packed house attendance you'd think someone there would write their opinion of it, good or bad. And with the perceived legions of hardcore fans that HG believes Robotech has I find it strange this hasn't happened yet.

Or at the very least, it's not actually finished yet, but hyping it up to have had "screenings" helps in the licensing to a distributer process, which would get HG extra dough to finish it.

Besides, if people could get work prints of episode III before it hit theaters, I find it hard to believe that a review of this wouldn't have popped up yet.

Edited by Keith

[sarcasm]Holy crap, you guys must be right, this movie must not exist![/sarcasm]

422147[/snapback]

well, just go over to the cannes film festivle website. Do a search for the films shown in the 2006 selection... and WHA??? No Robotech? No Shadow?

Here's a link:

http://www.festival-cannes.fr/films/films....02&edition=2006

OMG! The conspiracy must have spread to the cannes film festival itself since according to HG, people CHEERED at the end of the showing.

Or at the very least, it's not actually finished yet, but hyping it  up to have had "screenings" helps in the licensing to a distributer process, which would get HG extra dough to finish it.

Besides, if people could get work prints of episode III before it hit theaters, I find it hard to believe that a review of this wouldn't have popped up yet.

422153[/snapback]

However Ep3 has much more pop culture significance than some dying 20 year old hack job of a show that most people don't give a damn.

vinnie

That is because RT:SC was not part of Cannes... it was simply "shown at the same time as Cannes" in a theater nearby so HG could throw the word "Cannes" around like it was some big muckety muck. The Grey One Theater was not invloved with the Cannes Film Festival and RT:SC was not entered into the competition... i sh!t you not, from the horses' mouth:

posted by Tommy Yune on RT.com:

Though it's not part of the official competition at the Festival de Cannes, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles is being screened at the Grey One Theatre for industry attendees of the Cannes Film Market.

Or at the very least, it's not actually finished yet, but hyping it  up to have had "screenings" helps in the licensing to a distributer process, which would get HG extra dough to finish it.

422153[/snapback]

However Ep3 has much more pop culture significance than some dying 20 year old hack job of a show that most people don't give a damn.

vinnie

422161[/snapback]

True, but my point being, security would have been significantly tighter on it.

That is because RT:SC was not part of Cannes... it was simply "shown at the same time as Cannes" in a theater nearby so HG could throw the word "Cannes" around like it was some big muckety muck. The Grey One Theater was not invloved with the Cannes Film Festival and RT:SC was not entered into the competition... i sh!t you not, from the horses' mouth:

Though it's not part of the official competition at the Festival de Cannes, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles is being screened at the Grey One Theatre for industry attendees of the Cannes Film Market.

422162[/snapback]

wow.

uhm.... just wow.

Well, shadow chronicles IS supposed to be showing in a few festivals this month, including showings in NY and for a charity benefit in La, so we should hear some news this time.

Edited by eugimon

I have no doubt it's coming out near or close to the date they have said. Everything leads me to believe HG needs to recoup cash from this project ASAP so why would they delay any longer than they have to? Their excuse has been lack of a distributor so far, that has been solved. I would expect they would stick to their announced schedule at this point... at least if they hope to cash in on Christmas 06.

422162[/snapback]

LMAO! That's classic! HG (and affiliates) may not be able to infuse substance into their products (as of yet), but they sure now how to put a great PR spin on things.

vinnie

EDIT IN: More importantly, I want to know how you have enough time to browse the RT.com forums to know this???

Edited by justvinnie

It was shown at a theater which was near the Cannes festival...and it wasn't in the festival. So in reality... no one saw it. The only ones to see it were industry agents, who obviously did not want to pick it up for distribution. WTH???? So how many people were in the audience??? Like 10? :blink:

When he says "industry attendees"... that tells me that no one has seen it. And 'public screening" my ass. "Industry attendees" are not the public. They don't open their mouths because they are the ones who want to buy the distrubution rights to films and are trying to out bid one another.

It was shown at a theater which was near the Cannes festival...and it wasn't in the festival. So in reality... no one saw it. The only ones to see it were industry agents, who obviously did not want to pick it up for distribution. WTH???? So how many people were in the audience??? Like 10? :blink:

I personally like it how their "feature story" on RT:SC's appearance at Cannes in their RT.com news section (complete with pictures of "billboard advertisements" next to "the other Cannes adverts" and "handout billing sheets") gives the reader the vibe that it was a high gloss packed house public event that was part of the famous Cannes festival that was met with standing ovations... when in reality it is appearing it was nothing more than a closed door, off-site showing to invite-only industry people that had nothing to do with the Cannes festival other than it happening at the exact same time.

Spin is your friend. Hell, I bought into it... after looking into things it's no wonder we have not seen anything on it so far. As Az said: No one has really seen it.

EDIT:

More importantly, I want to know how you have enough time to browse the RT.com forums to know this???

422170[/snapback]

I was looking for reviews of RT:SC online, finding none I googled "Robotech Grey One Theater Cannes" in an attempt to perhaps find some official Cannes listings or perhaps some Cannes coverage of it only all I found where the "typical" links to RT.com and not much else. So I thought perhaps someone on RT.com wrote a "Cannes report" or a review of it from Cannes so I clicked on the first or second link Google gave me... which sent me to a topic started by Tommy Yune with the above quoted text. It was kind of a letdown as I'm overeager to read an outsider opinion of this thing that is not blind RT fanboy blather or jaded Macross Purist vitriol.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Spin is your friend. Hell, I bought into it... after looking into things it's no wonder we have not seen anything on it so far. As Az said: No one has really seen it.

422178[/snapback]

Looks like we were wrong. After searching for a bit this morning, I finally found a review from someone who's seen it.

SC_Review.jpg

Plus our Minmay can sing without making ears bleed. :lol:

That right there is without a doubt the strongest arguement for being a Macross purist. Personally, I'm not really into the music anyway, but those RT songs are horrific.

In all honesty, you Macross fanboys are worse than the Robotech ones. So much hate over a stupid TV show.

And for the person who said they would look "pathetic" buying RT - you are obsessed with a Japanese animated series from the 80s. You shouldn't be one to talk. =\

422205[/snapback]

dude.. you are so right! I'm going to go watch my HG version of tora tora tora now... only in this version, instead of being about the japanese bombing of pearl harbour, they cut in scenes from armageddon, because armagedon is KEWL and they made it about fighting aliens.. SHADOW aliens, because aliens are super cool and shadows are like, all scary and stuff, so shadow aliens are like, scary cool. dude, it so rocks!

:rolleyes:

In all honesty, you Macross fanboys are worse than the Robotech ones. So much hate over a stupid TV show.

And for the person who said they would look "pathetic" buying RT - you are obsessed with a Japanese animated series from the 80s. You shouldn't be one to talk. =\

422205[/snapback]

dude.. you are so right! I'm going to go watch my HG version of tora tora tora now... only in this version, instead of being about the japanese bombing of pearl harbour, they cut in scenes from armageddon, because armagedon is KEWL and they made it about fighting aliens.. SHADOW aliens, because aliens are super cool and shadows are like, all scary and stuff, so shadow aliens are like, scary cool. dude, it so rocks!

422241[/snapback]

Last time I checked the only scenes cropped into the original Macross by HG were from the Southern Cross in a lame attempt to connect the two series.

Nice attempt at over the top sarcasm though. I don't know why you started going on about the Shadow Chronicles when I was addressing Macross fans attitudes towards Robotech. Perhaps if you read through my posts in this topic, you would see that I'm not a fan of what HG is doing with the Shadow Chronicles.

Edited by meh_cd

422205[/snapback]

You got it all wrong:

People here are pouring their hate and whining over a stupid little cartoon movie in order to create a temporal shockwave that will make Macek go for a “lets just call it The Transforming Vehicles Half Hour†instead of “Robotechâ€. Thus Macross, SC and Mospeada will be shown in the 80’s in their complete forms. Macross would still be edited and made dumber to get pass the censors like before but Protoculture would not be a funky energy source (you would still get the annoying English songs though).

But this master plan has a fatal flaw… What would today’s whiners whine about if there is no Shadow Chronicles to hate/whine about?

Whining in the Internet makes some people happy so HG made a lot of people in this forum happy by making the whole Robotech thing. Shadow Chronicles continues that blessing.

For the sake of RT fans I just hope they manage to make some toys if this sells well:

-plastic equivalent to the masterpiece alpha (with beta link up, learn from all the mistakes from the earlier alphas. Just like how we got diecast binaltech transformers and plastic alts that's what I want to see for RT. I hate floppy limbs)

-cyclones (give us anything new that appears in this show. Are they going to be using new designs?)

I love mospeada, so I actually hope this doesn't suck. Because if it really does suck it won't just be macross purists that will be battying, but the rt fans who waited 20 over years to find out what happened to all the character from Macross Saga. I'm going to watch just to get a complete ending to the story.

If this turns out to be another sentinels......

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

422205[/snapback]

422241[/snapback]

Last time I checked the only scenes cropped into the original Macross by HG were from the Southern Cross in a lame attempt to connect the two series.

Nice attempt at over the top sarcasm though. I don't know why you started going on about the Shadow Chronicles when I was addressing Macross fans attitudes towards Robotech. Perhaps if you read through my posts in this topic, you would see that I'm not a fan of what HG is doing with the Shadow Chronicles.

422252[/snapback]

Yeah... because... you know.. robotech didn't take three entirely different cartoons and splice them together... or paint out whole sections in an effort to make them look like they belonged together. yeah, you're right! No hack job there.

Eugimon is still full of anger??? I thought he was just going through a phase in like Feb-March. Remember the "WHat?? Yamato's 1/48s aren't good enough?? Quit asking for more! You won't get a YF-19 or an Angel Birds so shut up and like it!" I think that was how it all went...

:D j/k

Yeah... because... you know.. robotech didn't take three entirely different cartoons and splice them together... or paint out whole sections in an effort to make them look like they belonged together. yeah, you're right! No hack job there.

422299[/snapback]

Are you completely ignoring parts of my posts on purpose? I said HG did a lame job splicing the series together.

At what point did I say HG did a good job with Robotech? Please, tell me.