New Robotech Shadow Chronicles Vid

I'll wait for it to come out on DVD, then get it from a torrent site, watch it, puke on it, then deleted it. That should satisfy the Homotech fans.

402434[/snapback]

not byass to one side here and not to start flaming but you do know they can say hagross unless they all ready do :p lol

major announcement

402540[/snapback]

"If you want to see Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles release date, send One (1) dollar to:

Harmony Gold

7655 Sunset Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90046"

402554[/snapback]

A dollar??! They gotta be friggin' kidding me! :D I'd pay Two (2) dollars to see HG's announcement they cancelled the whole thing. :p:lol::rolleyes:

402663[/snapback]

well instead of paying them two dollars get everyone and also rt fans where ever they are in the world to put there equal share into buying rt from hg and macross from bw or at least controlling share whatever the othere likes they intergrate it into the other without affecting the other of course but someones not going to like no matter what it is its a pitty we cant design the show to what we as individuals whould like and also have the ability to cross promote the toy and sell them elsewhere

well we have problems now what whould be the diff the fans will have control over it but we have to start somewhere and it maybe worse then but it may get worse now :lol::p

Thing is, I don't see the point of adding the macross titles from japan into robotech.  More fans know that macross and robotech went into seperate continuities in comparison from lets say 4 years back when robotech was not as popular and most rt fans had no idea. 

409113[/snapback]

Four (hell, seven) years ago Robotech fans had just a good of a grasp of the origins of Robotech and different between Robotech and Macross. Believing otherwise is a commonly held misconception in the Macross community.

409124[/snapback]

My mistake, my view stemmed from how I saw the other fans from the panel this weekend. (Some of them seriously had not known at all about the MPC's!)

Me myself, I hated the masters portion/southenn cross part of robotech. I really didn't care if it was in shadow chronicles or not. The story did nothing for me, and maybe its my bias but I was so used to variable aircraft...so macross and mospeada to me were always best.

I think Steve mentioned Dana would be in this too.

409194[/snapback]

them not knowing about the mpc's is a good and bad in my view good}they didnt have to buy that redesigned ripoff based crap at that price bad}they whould not invest more into the line good}toynami whould of relised it was overpriced for what it was offered and they had a chance to to get the 1/48 (as long as they werent hardcore rt fans)which whould have resulted in hg-toynami sueing the people selling these productsand/or stoping them etc.... it just keeps going folks no matter which way it goes hg is just take and take so bw decided to take and take in the long run its going to be give-give it bound to happen all they are doing is takeing a loan out with high interest rate and if you say its balanced out now you forgeting how it afects everyone else

oh and i didnt like rom/tma ethier but i cant judge sc completley ethier as ive never seen it so im doing a 50/50 we are all basing our experiance on the first thing we see and know

Yeah but we Macross fanboys have the VF-11, YF-19, YF-21, and the VF-0. :p  Plus our Minmay can sing without making ears bleed. :lol:

422217[/snapback]

everthing is give and take remember some fanbois of rt might not like the mech you metioned and like minmay's singing even if it dose make your ears bleed id admit that for my self only i cant say for everyone else all ican say may that was dillibitely done to take us more away from her and wasnt a real loss to some when he went with lisa

problem is more or less that 50% of ethier fandom of both will hate something or another that includes the idea that bw and hg may work together one day is one of them :lol: and that also includes fans of both also if the companies are damn if they do or not what whould be better in there opion something that helps us or them and that the same for everything if everyone whats something for them selves

but that is just my opinion you may not like it but thats mine wrong it may in your eyes

Announcement for those who are interested:

At the Anime Evolution Convention in Vancouver, Kevin McKeever announced that RT:SC will be coming out in theaters on limited release (only in Digial Projector equiped theaters) on October 20, 2006, the final number of theaters has not been finalized as of Aug 19/06.

It will be showing at various film festivals over the month of September; NY, Chicago, LA...

The DVD is scheduled to come out on Nov. 21/06.

This if for real kids...

FYI

Edited by Zinjo

dang, so its only going to be in theaters for a very brief time, then directly to video?  I will have to watch for it... I know there are several digital theaters around here, wonder which ones will get it.

Prolly the one you bug the most will look into getting it in. If they don't think they'll fill any seats, they won't get it.

• 1 month later...

wow I'm supprised you guys haven't gone ape-shiz since it was announced that Shadow Chronicles "has been named the Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature at the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival."

Robotech Film Wins Sci-Fi Award (2006-09-27 10:09:43)

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles has been named the Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature at the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival. The DVD was originally scheduled for a November release but has been delayed to "early 2007."

wow I'm supprised you guys haven't gone ape-shiz since it was announced that Shadow Chronicles "has been named the Best Animated Sci-Fi Feature at the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival."

Once again like the Cannes announcement it seems that honor is kind of dubious. Going to the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival web page and looking at their list of what movies are being shown one soon discovers that RT:SC is apparently the only animated Sci-Fi feature movie being shown. Not hard to be named best in class when you are seemingly the only one in the class. Using that logic I'm the grand champion of middle aged white guys in Saint Louis with brown hair wearing green shirts with matching shoes today... I'll be disseminating a press release covering this honor at a later date.

I got it in no time, no prob. :)

RT looked alright. What's the show shown in the first/last clips? That one looks kind of neat.

I only just watched that trailer today, and skinning through the thread I didn't catch if anyone replied to you, but those clips are from 'The Amazing Screw-On Head' pilot. It's an animated series that, if it gets made at all, will be in Sci-Fi Channel.

The pilot was absolute genius. If the show doesn't get made it will truly be a crime. You can watch the pilot on Sci-Fi.com I believe. That's where I saw it, but that was in August or July. If not, you can probably find it, or at least some choice clips, on Youtube.

I'm not going all Ga-Ga for an imaginary nomination & award. So HG can add the moniker "The award winning sci-fi film Shadow Chronicles". All of this fudging is unnecessary; the old fans will buy and so will the ones who discovered Robotech on the Sci-Fi channel or bought the DVDs. Fudge!!!!!

Edited by terry the lone wolf

The only one = teh best.

Exactly. Again, HG is hyping up this pilot under questionable circumstances. Showing the flick to a close audience at the Cannes Marketplace doesn't equal rave reviews (for those of you who don't know, the Cannes Marketplace is a venue for potential distributors to pick up various independent films during the Cannes Film Festival. Films in the Marketplace are not necessarily nor normally part of the actual Film Festival).

And here we are again...winning an award when you happen to be the only film in that award category.

Once again like the Cannes announcement it seems that honor is kind of dubious. Going to the 2006 International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival web page and looking at their list of what movies are being shown one soon discovers that RT:SC is apparently the only animated Sci-Fi feature movie being shown. Not hard to be named best in class when you are seemingly the only one in the class. Using that logic I'm the grand champion of middle aged white guys in Saint Louis with brown hair wearing green shirts with matching shoes today... I'll be disseminating a press release covering this honor at a later date.

LOL, ya... already knew it was the only feature at the show :p just found it funny, and was wondering why MW.com wasn't tearing it apart? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went and read the spoiler/plot thread...

I get the distinct impression from the article that with the original Robotech series they kinda painted themselves into a corner and now they're trying to hop their way back out (and stumbling unsuccessfully)

and delays continue? I have no doubt that SOMETHING now exists in film format, but to my logic the project will continue to be vaporware until it hits store shelves. I stick by my logic that it will continue to be pushed back until it is lost in project oblivion.

Just a heads-up Skull, there's a ban on animated avatars. I don't think there's any chance that this movie will not be released now that another company has a vested interest in it other than HG.

This thread seems to indicate a policy change on animated avatars... unless I mis-read somehow? ;)

So if I'm reading the spoilers right, the SDF-3 is left stranded near a black hole? If that's correct, then geez <_<, nice way of trying to set yourselves apart from Macross' continuity, HG.

Also, it appears that they're retconning things so that Admiral Hunter is no longer responsible for ordering the neutron strike on Earth.

So if I'm reading the spoilers right, the SDF-3 is left stranded near a black hole? If that's correct, then geez <_<, nice way of trying to set yourselves apart from Macross' continuity, HG.

Did Kawamori say the Megaroad dissappeared into a black hole before Macross II was made? I'm asking seriously, because the whole SDF-03 near a black hole is from End of the Circle, which was published in '89.

Also, it appears that they're retconning things so that Admiral Hunter is no longer responsible for ordering the neutron strike on Earth.

Among other things. From everything I've seen and read, the whole plot is rather contrived.

So hunter didn't kill people on earth to get at the invid? I thought it would have been better that way. They could seperate Robotech Rick from macross Hikaru and make rick this guy who the newer generations have to fight against. (ie have scott be more sympathetic to the invid and have the two characters go against each other.)

I think in robotech the invid weren't really all that bad when you consider that all they did was find earth and make it thier home because they were short on the energy source they use to survive. They made deals with humans and let them live. Whereas rick allowed the attack at the expense of the people still on earth. It made the humans look worse than the aliens. They could have made rick less of a captain global clone that way.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

No, the next robotech project is going to be entirely different & original. It will follow the adventures of the SDF-3 as they fold randomly from planet to planet, putting right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next fold will be the fold home!

I don't really get it (as far as the Neutron S missiles are being used and how they're ordered and when) from the brief write-up presented there. Rick ordered them, then had a change of heart after it was too late? Did I misread it or is that what it said?