Need Some Help With My Next Decal Set Designs

Anasazi37

So my fiancee is cracking down on my Macross purchasing (we're saving for a house), so I'm not sure that I'll be able to buy the new Stealth, LV2, or VF-0S valks. This means that I won't have the sticker sheets from those valks to use when creating decals and repro stickers. I have also had vintage Alpha and Cyclone repro stickers on my to-do list for a very long time and would like to start work on them. What I need are either original sticker sheets or really good scans of the sheets to work with in order to make the sets. I am willing to offer free stickers and/or decals from my extensive catalog in return. Custom design work is a possibility as well. Original sheets sent to me will be scanned and returned to you right away.

PM me if you can help with any of the following sheets:

- Stealth Valk and Stealth FAST Pack - No longer needed

- VF-0S - No longer needed

- Low Vis v2 (has this been released yet?)

- Low Vis v2 GBP (again, released yet?)

- Alpha (Red, Green, and Blue)

- Cyclone

I'm a neophyte when it comes to Legioss and Mospeada, so I am not sure how many scales and manufacturers of Alphas and Cyclones exist. I'd like to make stickers and decals for the scale and manufacturer of each that is the most common (for which repro stickers/decals are most in need).

Edited by Anasazi37

The Stealth has the same stickers as the VF-1J Hikaru and the Stealth FAST Packs have the same stickers as the regular FAST Packs. So there's no need to make any different sheets for these. Sorry, I can't help you with any of the others listed.

Really!? That's terrible! Guess I'll have to create something from scratch that will match the valk's color scheme. All the same, I'd like to see a good scan of the sheets just to be sure. :D

The Stealth has the same stickers as the VF-1J Hikaru and the Stealth FAST Packs have the same stickers as the regular FAST Packs. So there's no need to make any different sheets for these. Sorry, I can't help you with any of the others listed.

399320[/snapback]

Really!?  That's terrible!  Guess I'll have to create something from scratch that will match the valk's color scheme.  All the same, I'd like to see a good scan of the sheets just to be sure. :D

399320[/snapback]

399429[/snapback]

Can always use the first edition VF-1A low vis sheet. If my Stealth and Packs show up from HLJ I will scan and send.

Edited by Fly4victory

Yeah, I actually would have prefered to use Low-Viz grey kites on my Stealth, but the wing already has a red kite tampo printed on it and I thought it would look better to keep them all the same color.

Darn tampo printing.... Looks like I'll have to include a LV kite symbol for the wing that can be placed on top of the current one.... I'll get started on adapting the Low Vis sheets I already created for the valk and FAST Packs....

Yeah, I actually would have prefered to use Low-Viz grey kites on my Stealth, but the wing already has a red kite tampo printed on it and I thought it would look better to keep them all the same color.

399442[/snapback]

Darn tampo printing....  Looks like I'll have to include a LV kite symbol for the wing that can be placed on top of the current one....  I'll get started on adapting the Low Vis sheets I already created for the valk and FAST Packs....

399442[/snapback]

399459[/snapback]

Just do the Hasegawa trick add an additional circle the same size as the kite but in either white or off-gray as background.

Have the Macross Zero F-14 markings been produced to modify 1/72 Dragon Wing Diecast or Armour 1/100 F-14's?

Edited by Fly4victory

Here's a sample of what the Stealth designs are going to look like. I still might tweak them a little bit, but all markings are either grey or black and should show up well on the dark surfaces of the valk and armor. The valk set will be $10, as will the Armor set. $20 for both. I am NOT taking orders right now. I need a little break from production and I want to create the VF-0S set before I take new orders. I will post here and in the For Sale forum when the sets are ready to purchase.

stealth_sample.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37

Yeah...i think the low viz-ish sticker sheet will work for the Stealth.

Hey anasazi, do you think will you be able include put the zentraedi kill markers on the stealth sheet, like the ones on the Blue Roses and Enigma schemes?

Dynomite!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Cyclone decal bad juju has been broken!!! Decals have been sent!!!

Let me know when they're done. I'd like a set of each of the following:

1. Red Legioss

2. Green Legioss

3. Blue Legioss

4. Cyclone (Large)

Are you only covering the repros of the sticker sheets? What about the stickers that are factory applied stickers?

Thanks so much for doing this.

NB4M

:)

I can add those pretty quickly. I'll make them grey, too.

Yeah...i think the low viz-ish sticker sheet will work for the Stealth.

Hey anasazi, do you think will you be able include put the zentraedi kill markers on the stealth sheet, like the ones on the Blue Roses and Enigma schemes?

399547[/snapback]

Legioss.  I have an MPC Alpha and might make stickers/decals for those, too.  I think Takatoys already made a sticker set for it, though....
Do you mean Legioss Alpha or MPC?

399521[/snapback]

399704[/snapback]

Hey Devin,

Legioss is Mospeada, Alpha is Robotech. They\'re one in the same with a different name.

The sets you have planned are for the 1/35 Gakken versions?

BTW-did you recieve the Cyclone decals? (crosses fingers)

Like I said, I'm a complete novice when it comes to anything other than Macross. :unsure:

I believe Legioss is what I have been asked for on more than a few occasions, so Gakken it is. I guess that it doesn't really matter, though, since the toy is identical. What I won't be able to do is reproduce the factory-applied stickers unless I have one of the toys with the stickers applied to work with (or really, really good close-up photos of them with a scale included).

I did receive the Cyclone scan, but I was wondering if it would be possible to get that one (and the Legioss sets) scanned in at a resolution higher than 72dpi. Perhaps 300dpi? When I zoomed in on the scans to start the repro work I couldn't make out enough detail on the stickers with lettering to be able to recreate them.... :(

Legioss.  I have an MPC Alpha and might make stickers/decals for those, too.  I think Takatoys already made a sticker set for it, though....
Do you mean Legioss Alpha or MPC?

399521[/snapback]

399704[/snapback]

Hey Devin,

Legioss is Mospeada, Alpha is Robotech. They\'re one in the same with a different name.

The sets you have planned are for the 1/35 Gakken versions?

BTW-did you recieve the Cyclone decals? (crosses fingers)

399710[/snapback]

Edited by Anasazi37

Any chance of a kite-only set? (both regular and low-vis, sizes for nose/wing/FP) With solid white background circles for applying over tampo-printed markings? I'd like to re-logo several valks, but don't want to buy a $20 complete valk+FP set for just new kites.

And I think every set could use the pure white circle kite backgrounds. Just make them about 1mm smaller than the kites--because the kite's black border will cover over everything regardless. Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting the kite EXACTLY over the white background.

PS---I have US Air Force and Navy/Marines painting manuals, and can tell you exactly what shades of grey 'should' be used on various background colors---if you want to try to get "real" low-vis colors.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Request for sets like that are covered by a custom order. If all you need are recolored/resized kites, it will be pretty cheap. $5 per quarter sheet of decal paper. If you can provide the number and size of kites you need, I can give you a total.

It never hurts to know exactly which colors should be used for LV markings, so any information you can provide would be welcome. I based the Stealth set on the colors of the valk itself and tried to find a shade of grey that would work well.

Any chance of a kite-only set? (both regular and low-vis, sizes for nose/wing/FP)  With solid white background circles for applying over tampo-printed markings?  I'd like to re-logo several valks, but don't want to buy a $20 complete valk+FP set for just new kites. 

And I think every set could use the pure white circle kite backgrounds.  Just make them about 1mm smaller than the kites--because the kite's black border will cover over everything regardless.  Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting the kite EXACTLY over the white background.

PS---I have US Air Force and Navy/Marines painting manuals, and can tell you exactly what shades of grey 'should' be used on various background colors---if you want to try to get "real" low-vis colors.

399962[/snapback]

So my fiancee is cracking down on my Macross purchasing (we're saving for a house), so I'm not sure that I'll be able to buy the new Stealth, LV2, or VF-0S valks.

Well, you say you need money but you got childish behaviour don't selling your decals to me... anyway, when you change your mind , i'm still interested.

I care a great deal for this community. I refuse to do business with someone who disrespected other MW members (and a moderator) that were only trying to help you with your customization questions. Doing so would validate your poor behavior.

Mods, please close this topic. I will create a new one when the Stealth and VF-0S sets are ready for production.

So my fiancee is cracking down on my Macross purchasing (we're saving for a house), so I'm not sure that I'll be able to buy the new Stealth, LV2, or VF-0S valks.

Well, you say you need money but you got childish behaviour don't selling your decals to me... anyway, when you change your mind , i'm still interested.

400626[/snapback]