A new Hasegawa Macross kit?

Gabe Q

Hi again! Glad to see a models only forum!!!

I think that I will not buy this one. The scheme reminds me the VF-11 MAXL custom a lot... too much pink and lavander for me. <_<

I knida like the bizarre schemes. So much more interesting than the monotony of DYRL.

I like non standar schemes too, but I prefer things like the Blue roses and so. I consider the valks as war machines (since they are so) and even more a Strike Valk!! All that bizarre markings and pink accents don't fit with a strike IMHO. Just imagine a full armed F-15E painted that way.

Hi again! Glad to see a models only forum!!!

I think that I will not buy this one. The scheme reminds me the VF-11 MAXL custom a lot... too much pink and lavander for me. <_<

I knida like the bizarre schemes. So much more interesting than the monotony of DYRL.

I like non standar schemes too, but I prefer things like the Blue roses and so. I consider the valks as war machines (since they are so) and even more a Strike Valk!! All that bizarre markings and pink accents don't fit with a strike IMHO. Just imagine a full armed F-15E painted that way.

Hey, I think that'd be pretty cool..... Of course, this is coming from a huge fan of the Nobel gundam, MAXL Custom, and other such mecha, so.......

Edited by Commander McBride

Meh.

I'll wait for the next one. Whatever it is. I'm still waiting for a Hase '17 or '11, and wish to @$&% they'd get around to making them already. Yet another rehash of the last release with new decals is a little less than exciting, if you ask me. <_<

See, not the same thing

Yes they are different. But the set previously released are not used for this kit. Kinda sucks because I like that set better than the new one.

Still gonna get it though. It still looks pretty cool. So is it safe to assume that the paint scheme (mainly the light blue and dark blue pattern) are painted and not decals?

i saw it in some thread that the decal with the dark blue and light blue thread marks are from a hasegawa car model kit. it's not painted on.

From the looks of the Hasegawa site they're gonna release the kit and a decal sheet. Kinda wierd but if they did it would be nice cuz the decal sheet also has the standard fighter decals (jet intake warning label, no step, etc...)

New pics from Hasegawa:

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/VF/65768/65768.html

So this concert is in 2013...  hmmm...  that's a year after 2012 Flash Back...

I forgot exactly when Minmay boarded SpaceRoad01?  Wasn't it 2012?

Someone should do a translation on what the blurb said.

:)

nothing special, but full of "specials"...

"the UN SPACY special strategy corps, The special weapon system development air group, The 87th special safeguard fighter squadron, AKA 'Minmay Guard', the fighter now modelized. This machine was used to protect Lin Minmay in her Moon base live show year 2013. The kit parts molded in white, decal made by cartograf,Italy. Limited release, only 5000 will be made."

Edited by newca

Molded in white... if I remembered correctly, the other guys are molded sort of greyish?

No, they are molded in white too. There is just one part molded in color: the chest (red in the battroid, blue --?-- in the super batt and yellow in the strike) BTW I hate the colored chest part since it makes painting harder.

Yeah me too, what was the point of that. Like anyone who was going to build one of these wasn't gonna paint it?

I think that the idea of Hasegawa was to emulate most of Bandai robot kits features: snap fit+color parts+poly caps (thank god they gave us decals instead of stickers)

I theory you can construct the Battroid model in couple of hours without glue and paint and then go to the backyard to play with it :p

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen just the decal sheet for sale. They were $15. The guy put his on a 1/60 DYRL Max and it looked pretty sweet.

:huh: You sure it was the decals from this Minmay Guard Battroid and not the regular Minmay Guard decal sheet from Hasegawa? :blink: Confused yet? Seriously though, they are slightly different. :) Sigh...yes, they will always find a way to get my money! ;)

I dunno. I took one look at this and I thought it was some kinda joke. Why they made an entirely new (and ugly) Minmay Guard is beyond me. Imo, the fan custom, although it was a little asian-ricer style, was still far classier than this new one.

• 4 weeks later...
That's Hasegawa's way of wheedling every spare buck out of a kit. They do it a lot with their WW2 releases. They take a mold they've been using forever and box the same basic kit (sometimes with extra parts) with new decals. You would not believe how many ME-109, A6M2, and P-51 Mustang kits they've released with this technique. They even released a J7M Raiden fighter with Aa Megamisama (Oh! My Goddess) decals once.

And nope, it didn't apear in DYRL, AFAIK. It's just a cool decal design someone at Hasegawa dreamed up.

Hasagawa isn't the only company that does it. Revell/Monogram has been doing the same thing for the last 30 years especially with their aircraft kits. Every time they release a kit, I check to see if its a rerelease or a new mold. For example, Monogram this year released a early BF 109G with desert markings in 1/32nd scale. Upon examination, its the same plane with a couple of extra parts that they released 15 years ago in their Lone Eagles line as a G-12. The 13.1mm machine gun humps are included with the kit even though they are not needed.

• 3 weeks later...
That's Hasegawa's way of wheedling every spare buck out of a kit. They do it a lot with their WW2 releases. They take a mold they've been using forever and box the same basic kit (sometimes with extra parts) with new decals. You would not believe how many ME-109, A6M2, and P-51 Mustang kits they've released with this technique. They even released a J7M Raiden fighter with Aa Megamisama (Oh! My Goddess) decals once.

And nope, it didn't apear in DYRL, AFAIK. It's just a cool decal design someone at Hasegawa dreamed up.

Macross Zero F-14/MiG-29 in 1/72 for instance...

Hi all,

I'm new and have been reading through some postings and saw this model built the other day. It was VF-1J Super Battroid (Hikaru's) with this particular set of Minmay Guard decals and it was amazingly sweet. From an design point of view, it is one of the most artistic Battroid's I've seen.

Too bad the things is so small but I like it so much I'm going to shop for one or two for myself.