My 1/55 Bandai Vt

kyatsu

this is the bandai 1/55 VT that i bought from a comic book store owner back in 1994 thanks to one of my teachers (it's his best friend). he gave me such a good deal on it for bout 60 bucks. at the time i didnt know what it was because i didnt see macross DYRL til 1995. i wanted VF-1S so bad at first but i realized that i never had a macross toy, what the hell. so, after i saw the movie and i realized hey this toy aint that bad, i kept it in the box til now. thanks to UN SPACY, i can finally display it. kyatsu :lol:

ps

this is another item that i found which i was really surprised. when i went to thailand to visit my family in maybe 1992, i saw this at a shopping center called SOGO (the one near the discovery plaza and across from the world trade center). i saw it sitting there and i had to get it. i know i didn't pay much for it because in thailand people dont buy comic books or anime stuff for collection. they buy it because they like it. i think i may have paid like 8 bucks for it?

post-2945-1147332136_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1147332315_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1147332359_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1147332568_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1147332688_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1147332804_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1147332819_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1147382530_thumb.jpg

Edited by kyatsu

this is the bandai 1/55 VT that i bought from a comic book store owner back in 1994 thanks to one of my teachers (it's his best friend). he gave me such a good deal on it for bout 60 bucks. at the time i didnt know what it was because i didnt see macross DYRL til 1995. i wanted VF-1S so bad at first but i realized that i never had a macross toy, what the hell.  so, after i saw the movie and i realized hey this toy aint that bad, i kept it in the box til now.  thanks to UN SPACY, i can finally display it. kyatsu :lol:

398223[/snapback]

Wow, that's really nice.

60 bucks, hmmm, I'll give you 65. :rolleyes:

i think this VT is a keeper. it has some yellowed on it, but it's in a pretty good shape. thanks for the offer, but it aint for sale buddy, kyatsu :D

Wow, that's really nice.

60 bucks, hmmm, I'll give you 65. :rolleyes:

398228[/snapback]

i really got lucky. had my teacher not intro me to his friend, i would have never found this. he also intro me to hayao miyazaki's stuff like laputa and nausicaa. back then i really didnt know much about the good anime. he was a really cool guy. just let me borrowed the real tapes of nausicaa and laputa after i met him on the first day. i dont know if he is still in business because i dont live in that area anymore. maybe when the gas price drop, i may drive back to my old neighborhood and see if he is still around. ummm, damn do i still know where it is? kyatsu

looks great.

wish there were more of these out there at that price "$65.oo" :p

398258[/snapback]

Yours cost $440 less than mine and mine isn't sparkling white by any means (yellowed where the box's window was). Sure, I got a pristine box and all the inserts to go with it but is that worth an extra $440??? You sir definitely found a deal. You go see if that guy has any property he wants to sell too. :)

i will wait a few months to save money and find a better paying job first. once everything is settle, i will drive around my old neighborhood to find the store. i do have a good memory and yes it's been 12 yrs since i last saw him. i think i have a rough idea where it is. if he is still in business i am sure he will remember me. and sure, if i can find some deal, i will let you know. after all, we all could use a good deal once in a while, right? kyatsu

also, if you dont mind, can i see some pic of your VT? curious

Yours cost $440 less than mine and mine isn't sparkling white by any means (yellowed where the box's window was).  Sure, I got a pristine box and all the inserts to go with it but is that worth an extra $440???  You sir definitely found a deal.  You go see if that guy has any property he wants to sell too. :)

398325[/snapback]

... displayed it in the box till now...

don't suppose you want to sell the box and inserts now that you are displaying it :rolleyes: . Then you could brag about how you got a vt for free ;):lol:

nice deal! Especially during the time you bought it! Back in 94 those suckers were going for at least 800 bucks! Good deal man! And dood! please transform that correctly! It's just begging for to be transformed correctly! ;):D:p:lol:

... displayed it in the box till now...

Oh schnikeys, I didn't even notice that, I thought you bought it loose! Wow, now I'm even more jealous of your deal!

As someone mentioned, you need to buckle the knees a bit in fighter mode for it to be transformed properly. There's a pic of mine somewhere on this forum... I'll find it later.

opps :o , so that's how the legs should look like? i will fix it and take new pics later. as for the box, i meant i put it in a shoe box. i bought the toy loose as is. for not getting the box and instruction i still think i came away with a good deal. hey, if you guys have VT, i would like to see. and also, is there a way to remove the yellowed or do i really have to repaint it? kyatsu :)

• 1 month later...

wow, i am surprised someone checked out this post. thanks for the kind words. i recenlty bought a seeker (1/55) from naked. so, all in all i am done with the bandai collection for now. i finally have the valk i always wanted (from bandai). i am only missing the strike valk (hikaru) and i am in no hurry to get one anytime soon (i dont have all of the bandai valks, i only buy what i like). this year alone i bought so many valks that i have to put a stop for now :p . when i have extra money to spend, then i shall return to buy what i like. kyatsu

ps

here's the pics of the seeker that i just bought a few weeks ago. :lol:

post-2945-1152578510_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1152578532_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1152578569_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1152578585_thumb.jpg

post-2945-1152578601_thumb.jpg

Edited by kyatsu

I won't even tell you guys how much i forked up when I bought mine. I basically took it up the arse. Makes me want to cry...

Shortly after I purchased my elint to finish my collection I thought I had a hemorroid, turns out it was just the stinging from taking up the arse still bothering me. I know where you're coming from.

I won't even tell you guys how much i forked up when I bought mine. I basically took it up the arse. Makes me want to cry...

Shortly after I purchased my elint to finish my collection I thought I had a hemorroid, turns out it was just the stinging from taking up the arse still bothering me. I know where you're coming from.

415012[/snapback]

Ha ha ha ha .....

:lol::lol::lol:

415010[/snapback]

Is that you on your avatar taking it up the ass? Man, I would never pay that much... :blink:

415012[/snapback]

Ha ha ha ha .....

:lol::lol::lol:

415638[/snapback]

all I need to have all the boxed 1/55 vf's ever is the

matsu 1j cib

frenchy cib [complete in box]

taka max cib

taka milla cib

to complete my collection however [i want 1 of every boxed vf complete in box, and while I have many cool valks many are loose and/or have resin accessories]

I need the above plus

box for the taka gbp giftset + instruction manual

everything but the ve-1 valk itself to complete my seeker [or a mib one :rolleyes: ]

everything but the vt-1 valk itself to complete my ostrich [or a mib one :rolleyes: ]

everything but the bandai 1990 super but the valk itself [or a mib one :rolleyes: ]

box, instructions, and insert for my "galaxy defender" or a mib one :unsure:

Aside from that I think I'm there, though I might be forgetting something as I am prone to do. So all you guys complaining about how bad you got "stuck" can take glee knowing how mch I will suffer :blink: . Over 90% of the way there and the remaining 10% is gonna cost as much if not more than the first 90% :blink:

pretty soon I will be trying to trade all my double, triple, several's, etc and extras in general to try and complete this obsession of mine. So much going on at the moment else I would already be closer :(