Please Help Me Find This Ost...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS!

I realize I may have to order it from a Japanese dealer, I DO NOT CARE! I know you guys can find anything from even a Japanese fleamarket dealer! I wouldn't even know where to begin finding a dealer that would sell/ship to the US.

from this page:

http://www.anime-int.com/works/bluegender/tv/releases01.html

(scroll to the very bottom)

Babelfish Translation:

BG_logo.gif

Original sound track

It is developed with the profound story ' BLUE GENDER '. The music which furthermore mounds that story!

The sound track which as for that was and collected stripe sound,' DOPE GATE 'and' RONDO GATE 'as for two XXYEN with 2,854 in the midst of favorable comment sale! !

Edited by Southcross

I found a few japanese sites/references to the OSTs... 3 releases? dang!

>Blue Gender Dope Gate Original Soundtrack 1

>Blue Gender Rondo Original Soundtrack 2

>Blue Gender Open Gate Original Soundtrack 3

But I can't seem to find a dealer selling them... wish I could read Japanese, using babelfish on every google hit is just annoying :(

I even tried egay, though I find it odd that of all countries that are NOT listed, eBay Japan?

Edited by Southcross

I'm a big fan of Blue Gender.

I also wanted the OSTs. I managed to track down one of them, #3 IIRC a couple of years ago, but could not find the other 2 at a reasonable price anywhere.

Actually, I did manage to find one guy who was willing to sell them, but at about US$120 per disc, which was out of my budget.

I also wish Yamato, Takara or Bandai would make some Blue Gender mecha toys.

Definitely one of my all time favorite animes and very underrated IMO.

Graham

Graham!!!! :) Check this Shiz out.... Blue Gender "action" figures in sizes from 6" to 25" coming out soon :blink:

http://www.southernisland.com/bg.htm

I have already made contacts with ANIMEniacs.com, they may be able to get them when they come out :D

but dang! $120 a disc? I did manage to get my hands on some MP3s, but the really good songs have "popping" :(

Listened to OST I while I was at work today.. a little less Manic than normal... maybe the "popping" I heard was just perceived. :shrug: I'm at home now and listening to all the MP3s I DL'd on my stereo (burned to CD). So far so good, if all turn out ok, I'll share them :)

the Blue Gender soundtrack has a lot of treble to bass "bursts" that are kinda hard to distinguish from popping.... the soundtrack is very dark and

"heavy metal-ish" gawd I love it :D

Graham!!!! :)  Check this Shiz out.... Blue Gender "action" figures in sizes from 6" to 25" coming out soon :blink:

I have already made contacts with ANIMEniacs.com, they may be able to get them when they come out :D

but dang! $120 a disc?  I did manage to get my hands on some MP3s, but the really good songs have "popping" :(

398059[/snapback]

As much as I completely and utterly despise this show, I have to admit that the robot designs were pretty good. I might actually get a toy or two, if they're good enough (and hate myself for doing it).

:rolleyes: what ever.... not going to get into the flame war about why XYZ anime is underrated and what ABC can do with themselves :p

here is track 7 from OST 2 Rondo Gate.

"Death Tech"

EDIT... corrected url

probably one of my favorate songs that stands out every time I watch the series... I think its near the end of episode 4 if memory serves me correctly... anywaysies.... if you listen to the whole song, after the initial 10-15s of audio I hear "popping", but it may be my ears/stereo playing tricks on me.

Edited by Southcross

I like this kind of threads that speak of a show that I don’t know anything about (and that it might be good). Seen the first episode and so far I like it.

my (and a lot of other peoples) complaint is how the last episode was done, "rushed" is one common word used to describe it. The ending should really be turned into an OVA (like Evangelion) or an additional two to three episodes.... anywaysies

I do NOT want to give away anything about the story itself ;)

it has all the good points of Anime: Love, Hate, violence, mecha, nudity and mild sexual content :D If your offended by animated sexual content, you won't miss much of the story (only some character building) by skipping episode 15 ;) I can get seriously involved in the anime I'm watching... this is one of series you don't know whether to be pissed off, sad, or happy... 'cause you mood will change in about 2-3 minutes.

Oh and not to mention, a very dark and powerful score to fit every episode/event/action sequence... like any good anime should :)

my (and a lot of other peoples) complaint is how the last episode was done, "rushed" is one common word used to describe it.  The ending should really be turned into an OVA (like Evangelion) or an additional two to three episodes.... anywaysies

I do NOT want to give away anything about the story itself ;)

it has all the good points of Anime: Love, Hate, violence, mecha, nudity and mild sexual content :D  If your offended by animated sexual content, you won't miss much of the story (only some character building) by skipping episode 15 ;)  I can get seriously involved in the anime I'm watching... this is one of series you don't know whether to be pissed off, sad, or happy... 'cause you mood will change in about 2-3 minutes.

Oh and not to mention, a very dark and powerful score to fit every episode/event/action sequence... like any good anime should :)

399046[/snapback]

Just seen Ep 2 and I see what you mean. I'm going to enjoy this :) . And yes, very good sound track.

Edited by Twoducks

Oh... I have a message into a guy I know that has contacts in Hong Kong (the kind of peeps that produce Music CDs and Anime DVDs ;) )... I pointed out that the OSTs are no longer made, people may have an interest in buying them, etc... hopefully something will come of it :D

It was the ending that killed it for me.  I really recommend stopping at ep. 20.

399110[/snapback]

completely understand.... but condeming the whole series: "I completely and utterly despise this show" just because you don't like a few episodes (admitedly, the ending is supposed to be a big part of any show). :( If that were the case I would DESPISE EVERY ANIME I watch (due to an ending, a bad episode, a character)... Cowboy Bebop... Evangelion.... Macross... Robotech.... Trigun... and countless others. If ya' hate the ending, state so... everyone else has :lol: But those first 20 episodes are incredible IMO, and the first 11... I could watch them over and over and over and over again

EDIT----

should also add... I have yet to see the Movie, so I don't know if the ending was changed or not.

Edited by Southcross

The ending soured the whole thing for me. It was that bad. I can't erase it from my brain, so seeing any other part of the show dredges up the horrid memories of those last few episodes.

Anyway, sorry for crapping on your thread. I really shouldn't have said anything to start with, so my appologies.

Just read a review that says the movie gives a "superior (alternate)" ending.

Better to know that the ending isn't the all be all so I don't get my hopes up (but anime has made me crappy ending proof when the show is good). The movie might repair the disappointing ending.

Well, I'm of to see more mature anime goodness.

hola crapola.... just been trolling around on the ANN website... check out the work history on the voice actress for Marlene Angel :blink: a lot of titles (even just minor roles) that pop off the screen...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ople.php?id=281

http://www.aoni.co.jp/talent/0460903.html

:blink: Scheiße! She was the original japanese voice actor for Rose Thomas in Full Metal Alchemist?!? (Rose Thomas)

• 4 weeks later...

Better to know that the ending isn't the all be all so I don't get my hopes up (but anime has made me crappy ending proof when the show is good). The movie might repair the disappointing ending.

399292[/snapback]

"superior ending"??? BAH!

I bought "The Warrior" off ebay (got an honest to gawd retail "new in sealed" DVD for $9 shipped!!!! :blink: )... and just finished watching it. While I liked the way they rebuilt the story into the movie for the first hour, THATS IT! the last 40-50 mins totally screwed up the whole story. Plus the ending was so sudden and anticlimatic... left me going WTF!?! :angry:

I'm going to keep it for my collection... but I'm not likely going to watch it nearly as many times as I have already watched the TV series.... I'm rounding out 4 times now.

399292[/snapback]

"superior ending"??? BAH!

I bought "The Warrior" off ebay (got an honest to gawd retail "new in sealed" DVD for $9 shipped!!!! :blink: )... and just finished watching it. While I liked the way they rebuilt the story into the movie for the first hour, THATS IT! the last 40-50 mins totally screwed up the whole story. Plus the ending was so sudden and anticlimatic... left me going WTF!?! :angry:

I'm going to keep it for my collection... but I'm not likely going to watch it nearly as many times as I have already watched the TV series.... I'm rounding out 4 times now.

406237[/snapback]

Well, that sure is a let down :(

I'm on episode 17 and still having a blast... hope it continues all the way to the last episode until the letdown ending.

Nerver understood why a lot of people seem to have a problem with the ending of Blue Gender? It seems pretty clear and unambiguous to me.

Graham

406282[/snapback]

I never "didn't like it"... just had trouble putting 2 and 2 together to get the ending straight. What I didn't realize is its more like putting 2 through 12 together... the ending is really explained by the last 5-7 (maybe 7-9) episodes, and only in little tid bits along the way. If you, the "short-term memory" watcher, don't put what happend or was stated three episodes into what is happing... you miss it.

Nerver understood why a lot of people seem to have a problem with the ending of Blue Gender? It seems pretty clear and unambiguous to me.

Graham

406282[/snapback]

I never thought it was difficult to understand. I just think that it has a blindingly stupid conclusion.

Spoiler: Specifically, the idea that we're better off going back to being hunter/gatherers. Oh, and Miyazaki did the setting premice much better in Nausicaa.

JELEINEN,

I assume you have seen the Matrix... the whole "the human race isn't mamal, they should be classified as a virus... the multiply until there are too many, then they spread to other areas"

There is also a belief that wicked diseases are the earths way of controlling out of control populations.

Then you have the Japanese and their references to "Gaya" (SP?).. the soul of the earth.. etc....

while its definatly a different ending... its NOT "blindingly stupid"

JELEINEN,

I assume you have seen the Matrix... the whole "the human race isn't mamal, they should be classified as a virus... the multiply until there are too many, then they spread to other areas"

I hate that speach. A. it completely ignores that a lot of other animals destroy their own habitat. And, B. continuous population growth is a myth.

There is also a belief that wicked diseases are the earths way of controlling out of control populations.

Then you have the Japanese and their references to "Gaya" (SP?).. the soul of the earth.. etc....

while its definatly a different ending... its NOT "blindingly stupid"

406493[/snapback]

That's an acceptable spelling. Gaia and Gaea seem to be the more common spellings (it's a Greek word).

Anyway, I guess we've gone beyond trying to hide spoilers but just in case, I'll leave a buffer.

Fine, a message that we need to treat the environment better and live in better harmony with nature I can accept and probably agree with. But the complete extremism of the show is laughable. Not to mention that the assumption that hunter/gatherers are automatically ecologically superior is incredibly naive. I also just can't accept the idea that humans weren't meant to live in space.

Additionally, the ending itself just feels like it was slapped on at the last minute when they found out they ran out of episodes. There's no build-up to the big reveal at the end. The sudden jolt of the ending combined with its conclusion just bugs the heck out of me. As I said before, I really liked the show up till then. Heck, if I could erase my memory of how it ends, I'd still like it.

Anyway, this is something we obviously aren't going to agree on, and I hope I've not generated too many hard feelings by expressing my opinion. Also, Twoducks should probably watch it and make up his own mind (hopefully he hasn't read too much of our spoilerage).

Fine, a message that we need to treat the environment better and live in better harmony with nature I can accept and probably agree with. But the complete extremism of the show is laughable.  Not to mention that the assumption that hunter/gatherers are automatically ecologically superior is incredibly naive.  I also just can't accept the idea that humans weren't meant to live in space.

Another example why luddities shouldn't be involved in entertainment.

Southcross where did you find that pic you're using for your avater?

Anyway, this is something we obviously aren't going to agree on, and I hope I've not generated too many hard feelings by expressing my opinion. Also, Twoducks should probably watch it and make up his own mind (hopefully he hasn't read too much of our spoilerage).
no worries... its just like the schmuck that ranted on ANN how Cowboy Bebop was the worst anime ever because each eppisode in the series wasn't tied into the next... turned into a flame war

Mislovrit,

eerr, don't remember exactly... I think I snagged it from a Japanese Blue Gender fan site... I know my ANN avatar came from one!

Graham!!!! :)  Check this Shiz out.... Blue Gender "action" figures in sizes from 6" to 25" coming out soon :blink:

but dang! $120 a disc?  I did manage to get my hands on some MP3s, but the really good songs have "popping" :(

398059[/snapback]

Holly Schikies! The first piece has been announced!!! Marlene Angel and a Sniper Armored Shrike!!!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.as...962&company=152

only $44.99 Pre-Order :blink: but no pic yet :angry: