What Is Roy's Drink Of Choice?

I have to disagree.

If Hikaru's Character Profile states that "he loves high-fashion", then it'd be a legitimate question to ask whether he prefers Issey Miyake or Dolce & Gabbana.  But it doesn't state that so it would be a silly question.

However, in the Macross Compendium Roy's Character Profile states that he loves alcohol.  So I think it's fair to ask "What exactly does he like to drink?"; a question that I'd love to ask Kawamori-san one day.

396427[/snapback]

You missed my point entirely.

This is a fanciful show full of tons and tons of fake things that require a constant suspension of disbelief. To muse about specifics in the details is akin to asking a figment of your imagination what kind of music it likes. The answer is always whatever you want it to be. If a specific label is not applied it is up to your imagination to fill it in. All the show gives us is the "fact" that Roy drinks... what he drinks is as important to the show as what kind and style of shirts Hikaru wears when not in uniform. I have no doubt that Kawamori, when asked what Roy drinks, will simply state "He drinks".

This is a fanciful show full of tons and tons of fake things that require a constant suspension of disbelief. To muse about specifics in the details is akin to asking a figment of your imagination what kind of music it likes. The answer is always whatever you want it to be. If a specific label is not applied it is up to your imagination to fill it in. All the show gives us is the "fact" that Roy drinks... what he drinks is as important to the show as what kind and style of shirts Hikaru wears when not in uniform. I have no doubt that Kawamori, when asked what Roy drinks, will simply state "He drinks".

396452[/snapback]

I'm sure the next time Kawamori comes to the States...I'm gonna hear someone say that question. His response will be "He likes this..., but he also likes....." and then the list goes on.

I have to disagree.

If Hikaru's Character Profile states that "he loves high-fashion", then it'd be a legitimate question to ask whether he prefers Issey Miyake or Dolce & Gabbana.  But it doesn't state that so it would be a silly question.

However, in the Macross Compendium Roy's Character Profile states that he loves alcohol.  So I think it's fair to ask "What exactly does he like to drink?"; a question that I'd love to ask Kawamori-san one day.

396427[/snapback]

You missed my point entirely.

This is a fanciful show full of tons and tons of fake things that require a constant suspension of disbelief. To muse about specifics in the details is akin to asking a figment of your imagination what kind of music it likes. The answer is always whatever you want it to be.

396452[/snapback]

Ah so. Well then, let me revise the question for everyone:

"What do you think Roy's drink of choice is? What do you see him drinking?"

Better?

Can anyone identify the  bottle?

396376[/snapback]

the labeling style looks like wine, maybe roy brews his own. OT micro brew

396437[/snapback]

Definitely not wine. Looked at a few bottles of whisky and the closest I could find is a bottle of Glenfiddich. It's not an exact match, though.

120fq.jpg

Based on Roy's Blues colored picture, I'm guessing Murphy's Irish Stout.

It's the early-in-morning, coffee-tasting "pick-me-up" that Roy needs to keep his late-night buzz going.

But Zentrandude got it right, YOSHINOL has got to be Roy's drink of choice.

Can anyone identify the bottle?

396376[/snapback]

the labeling style looks like wine, maybe roy brews his own. OT micro brew

396437[/snapback]

Definitely not wine. Looked at a few bottles of whisky and the closest I could find is a bottle of Glenfiddich. It's not an exact match, though.

Edit image removed

Problem is the rest of the details like the white square and the little lable on the neck, usualy wine bottles are like that I have something simular to the pic but instead of a green diamond its a pink roundish square. the neck label bit worn off but its exactly the way shown on the roy's blues pic. ignore the reloading stuff, I took the pic on my reloading bench.

The wine its self I don't remember how I got it exactly, I belive its a private brewer that reused empty french wine bottles (cleaned I hope).

post-898-1146710233.jpg

Edited by Zentrandude

It is a little-known fact that Roy's preferred beverage was fresh lava, and that he crapped granite.

396476[/snapback]

Ahh. Thanks JB0. I just had a giddy giggle fest to that. Poop jokes make me laugh. Especially if they're worked into otherwise non-poop-related discussion so brilliantly.

Okay, heck of a first post topic (Hi) but none-the-less, a good one, and I've got some familiarity with these so... yeah I'm biased.

BUT... to back myself up. I figger Roy's the kind who, lush as he is, still has a bit of 'might not be here tomorrow' awareness to him, and I'd think that as he can get it, he'll aim high each time.

That been said (and no, I don't mean he's buying the best stuff every night, just... you know, a litle one-upmanship at the bar...)

Glenfiddich or Edradour.

Probably a local sake, if he can't get one he might have grown up with.

Sapporo or TsingTao... would hedge to Sapporo.

I'm sure he's led the squadron in more than a few rounds of sake bombs... probably got a special Skull Bomb named after them or something. :-)

I don't see him being a mixed drink type, unless he knows he's flying in a few hours and gets something a little less nasty (but Claudia did say... well, the man can drink)

Anyhoot, hi to all...

Edited by AngelBird4

It is a little-known fact that Roy's preferred beverage was fresh lava, and that he crapped granite.

396476[/snapback]

Ahh. Thanks JB0. I just had a giddy giggle fest to that. Poop jokes make me laugh. Especially if they're worked into otherwise non-poop-related discussion so brilliantly.

396900[/snapback]

It wans't really a poop joke.

I was just following to the the logical conclusion of the ACTUAL joke, which was that he was tough enough to chug molten rock on a regular basis.