New Super Stealth Pic's

DyNo

Guys, you should NOT use the flash function. Instead, put a nice lighting/lamp to clear the toy, and take pictures without the flash which is just ruining all these pics. You dont need an amazing camera to take pictures, just proper lighting.

Problem is my camera is one of the older ones where a slight shake will kill the picture. Need a tripod for them flashless-pics. For now i just use books. :p

Guys, you should NOT use the flash function.  Instead, put a nice lighting/lamp to clear the toy, and take pictures without the flash which is just ruining all these pics.  You dont need an amazing camera to take pictures, just proper lighting.

397823[/snapback]

Listen to this man! That's right! People see mi pictures and they ask: What camera do you have? But the question should be: What kind of lighting did you use?

Proper lighting + Good camera angles = Good stuff

i think you mean the super stealth VF-1J, huh? the super stealth version comes with a VF-1J and a fastpack. while the regular stealth just comes with VF-1J. kyatsu

so is this new stealth version a limited version?

and why the heck is the package so big? what else is inside that the vf-1j does not have?

397929[/snapback]

i think you mean the super stealth VF-1J, huh? the super stealth version comes with a VF-1J and a fastpack. while the regular stealth just comes with VF-1J. kyatsu

and why the heck is the package so big? what else is inside that the vf-1j does not have?

397929[/snapback]

397930[/snapback]

OOPS...sorry, i meant the vf-1j miria super valkyrie deluxe...what's inside the new super valkyrie stealth that the super valkyrie miria does not have?

are you guys all planning to buy the stealth, do you guys recommend waiting for the next production run?

397929[/snapback]

397930[/snapback]

OOPS...sorry, i meant the vf-1j miria super valkyrie deluxe...what's inside the new super valkyrie stealth that the super valkyrie miria does not have?

are you guys all planning to buy the stealth, do you guys recommend waiting for the next production run?

397932[/snapback]

I'd think just the strike cannon, pretty much.

Its big cause its packaged in a normal VF-1J packaging and a Super/STrike parts packaging. They didn't bother to re-design the packaging i guess.

For some reason, I'm still not digging the Stealth VF-1J. It looks too...patchy to me. The Stealth Super/Strike parts, however, look great on the Low Viz! I wish I could just buy the FAST packs separately! :unsure:

Damn, that is one ugly valk. I think the guys at Yamato broke the valk up into sections, got stoned, and rolled some dice to decide which parts would be black and gray. Seriously, the color scheme has no cohesiveness to it at all. I for one, wish they would have just done it in all black.

I'm still getting it, of course... :rolleyes:

The credit card valk and the low vis valk got together one night and thier child turned out to be a half breed explaining the black w grey. :D

But if they did release the all-black valk, wouldn't all the people who won the credit card one get all po'ed? Any time yamato releases a LE people will roll thier eyes at it and not believe it.

I think a way around this is maybe if this release doesn't sell so well they could do a 1S or VF1B in pure black colors but with a 1S head turret (of course) to differentiate it from credit card valk and stealth which is 1J. If they made the VF1S a LE, gave it LV skull emblem like the LV ver.1, (no high vis stickers) I think fans would lap that one up quick. So long as they don't oversaturate. (way too many releases at once already imo) But rather than make this "3 in the world" rare, they just go to LV ver.1 numbers.

I personally have grown to like the look of the fighter with a bit of grey because it breaks it up. I've always thought fully colored valks are boring in battroid mode. (like the all white DYRL valks vs the CF and TV valks which are broken up with white trimmings)

Got my Stealth SP. No complaint about the actual toy, I quite like it myself.

But the packaging must be one of the laziest and stupid box design I have ever seen. If they can't be bother to redesigning a Fighter/Strike combo packaging, they should just release them separeatly.

I thought the Japanese are proud of their packaging skill? Please pick up your game, Yamato!!! <_<

its definitely ugly but of course i'm getting one.

is it just me, or does this valk looks like yamato version of the galaxy defender.  :p

398318[/snapback]

hmmmm... where did I put that galaxy defender...

I'll take side by side shots when I recieve my stealth and locate the defender.

Well, I just received one of mine today. It may not be canon, but I still think it's pretty sweet. I'd post some pics, but I'm currently in the process of painting a 1S head for it. I'll put up photos when it's ready.

dude, please let me know what kind of paint you use to repaint the VF-1S head. once i get mind, i might do that too or paint the grey part that i dont like to black (like the nose cone of the valk). for some reason, i think that should be black. i can be totally wrong, but that's what i feel. kyatsu

Well, I just received one of mine today. It may not be canon, but I still think it's pretty sweet. I'd post some pics, but I'm currently in the process of painting a 1S head for it. I'll put up photos when it's ready.

398431[/snapback]

I'm just using Tamiya rattle-can acrylics I picked up at the local hobby shop. Flat black with grey arrows and gun-metal lasers is my plan. I'm not using a stock 1S head, though; I've got one of Rohby's recast heads with fulcy's hollow head lasers.

dude, when you are done and have a a chance, can you take some pic and post it? i would like to see the result. thank you for the info. i cant wait to do mine as well. kyatsu :)

398563[/snapback]

I surely will, but I got anxious and touched the paint before it was ready. I decided to strip it off and start over because I left a finger and thumb print on the base of each laser - D'OH! But in truth, I'm kinda glad I started over since I didn't do a very good job of filling the seam the first time around. Hopefully I'll have pics up tomorrow.

i will be totally honest with you. i am not good at customizing it. when you really have time, can you break it down as how you do it? step by step? i dont want to mess up a fine stealth valk due to my lack of experience. if you can do that, i ( and the rest) will really appreciate it. also, i cant wait to see it tomorrow. kyatsu

:D

I surely will, but I got anxious and touched the paint before it was ready. I decided to strip it off and start over because I left a finger and thumb print on the base of each laser - D'OH! But in truth, I'm kinda glad I started over since I didn't do a very good job of filling the seam the first time around. Hopefully I'll have pics up tomorrow.

398565[/snapback]

Well, it took me a bit longer to finish, but I'm pretty pleased with the results. Unfortunately, I only got a few pictures taken before my camera's batteries ran out of juice. I'll buy some more tomorrow and take more pics. I can tell you that the black isn't an exact match, but that's because Yamato's black is actually more of a really, really dark grey. If I was mixing paint and airbrushing, I'm sure I could've had a better match, but it's good enough for me. Oh, and kyatsu, I'll post a step-by-step list of how I did this when I add more pics tomorrow.

post-2290-1147514073_thumb.jpg

hey skull leader lackey, you rock and thank you. kyatsu

ps

it looks great.

Well, it took me a bit longer to finish, but I'm pretty pleased with the results. Unfortunately, I only got a few pictures taken before my camera's batteries ran out of juice. I'll buy some more tomorrow and take more pics. I can tell you that the black isn't an exact match, but that's because Yamato's black is actually more of a really, really dark grey. If I was mixing paint and airbrushing, I'm sure I could've had a better match, but it's good enough for me. Oh, and kyatsu, I'll post a step-by-step list of how I did this when I add more pics tomorrow.

399167[/snapback]

As promised, here are some more pics. However, I did put a couple of small blemishes on it when I installed it on the valk. Nothing major - I was pissed for about five minutes, but then I said to hell with it. I'll call 'em battle scars and be happy.

post-2290-1147571754_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571764_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571778_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571788_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571798_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571808_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571821_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571831_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571842_thumb.jpg

post-2290-1147571855_thumb.jpg