Space 1999

Rodavan

• 3 weeks later...
Not Macross ...

394161[/snapback]

says it all right there...

looks great though. I haven't seen that show since the Philippines... I used to watch that, Planet Of The Apes series, and the Time Tunnel.

Which design are you using? Are you basing your model off of Roberto Baldassari's Eagle which is rendered from Brian Johnson's original design? I love that old show and have been a fan of the Eagle for years. I even own a couple of the recent diecast models of the ship as well as the original models released in the 70's.

One of my favorite pics:

imemp_07.jpg

neptunesurvey - I remember only certain Episodes .... but the Eagle has always been , next to the VF-1 my favorite "space" craft

Noriko Takaya - Yup , model designed by Brian Johnson , check out Martin Bower's model s to see more "Space 1999" models , they are excellent.

electric indigo - I like the Hawk , but the Eagle is still tops , post some pics

Knight26 - can't agree more :)

Radd - Haven't seen that for some time maybe I can convince the wife to get it for me on DVD

Black Valkyrie - Never saw any in South Africa , but that why I build models , all my model can be used to create moulds or be 3D printed ( Still a bit expensive)

Black Valkyrie -  Never saw any in South Africa , but that why I build models , all my model can be used to create moulds or be 3D printed ( Still a bit expensive)

400291[/snapback]

That was over 20 years ago.

400305[/snapback]

Now I really feel old :p

• 6 years later...

I remember watching the original network broadcast of Space 1999 back in the 70's. I was but a wee lad living on Long Island in New York. It was a great show and it's too bad it doesn't get rebroadcast. Syfy would be a perfect place for it too instead of the garbage they keep showing.

Radovan - beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.

• 4 years later...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/entertainment/actor-martin-landau-dies/index.html   :/

I find it odd that this article does NOT mention Space: 1999. Of course I have not idea what he's been doing of late. Just shocking that another 'legend of sci-fi' has passed...

Edited by TehPW
thoughts after reading the article from CNN