Aliens Vs. Predator 2 Script and Movie Review

You don't need to read all the comics. The movies fill in most of the core stuff regarding the 2 franchises. Alien, Aliens, and the first Predator flick, all cover the core things you need to know about the Aliens, Predators, Weyland, and Colonial Marines. I haven't ready any single issue of Alien & Predator comics.

You don't need to read all the comics. The movies fill in most of the core stuff regarding the 2 franchises. Alien, Aliens, and the first Predator flick, all cover the core things you need to know about the Aliens, Predators, Weyland, and Colonial Marines. I haven't ready any single issue of Alien & Predator comics.

And after that all you need to see is AvP 1 to see all the cool things they ruined. :)

I've been waiting since '01-'02 for another PC based AvP game. With today's graphics capabilities another addition to the franchise would be breathtaking...

*high five* It was AVP 2 that first got me into computer games in the first place. If I'd never seen that at my friends house, I'd still only be consoling' it. B))

So the Predalien is a rapist-nifty idea.

Well, it was pretty much the trainwreck that we all thought it was going to be, but I don't think anyone here expected more than such.

A few gripes about the movie other than its existence: the movie really dragged in the beginning before anything important happened, aliens and predators are reduced to "monsters in bushes," as opposed to the ominous, magnificent creatures in past movies, the Weyland Yutani element was needlessly re-introduced, about 2 seconds long and thus totally unnecessary. I can't or don't really care to think of much more.

"AvP" is gene-spliced with "I know what you did last summer, Scream, etc" and that sums up this addition to the franchise...

And after that all you need to see is AvP 1 to see all the cool things they ruined. :)

I saw AvP from my roommate's DVD when I was in Yuma, Arizona. I'm glad I didn't waste money on it, but I question my roommate's taste. Not only did he purchase AvP, he also bought Elektra when it released on DVD :lol:

Anyways, I saw what they ruined with AvP 1. I unfortunately have to file the events as "alternate universe" crap. Boy oh boy...

went to a matinee it was exactly what i thought it would be, but at least it was bloody. Not to be an ass or anything but i hate that they dumbed down the violence in the last one. Two rated R properties and a merged PG-13 film never sat well with me. i feel that if there is a next one, i should direct, and akira the guru producitons should handle it. It will be in space in the future in closed areas. the best film would have been scientists doing research on a planet that has the xenomorps, and the preds are there for hunting. Space marines would be doing security detail so that has all the elements. Scientist being dumb or corrupt with the xenomorphs, lets them loose, the preds hunt them down and kill a few annoying humans in the process, then they team up but it is an uneasy alliance. After they kill (or so they think) all the aliens they turn on each other. All of a sudden a queen pops out and it is a free for all to get off the planet and to safety. who wins? Who survives? that's my little secret.

went to a matinee it was exactly what i thought it would be, but at least it was bloody. Not to be an ass or anything but i hate that they dumbed down the violence in the last one. Two rated R properties and a merged PG-13 film never sat well with me. i feel that if there is a next one, i should direct, and akira the guru producitons should handle it. It will be in space in the future in closed areas. the best film would have been scientists doing research on a planet that has the xenomorps, and the preds are there for hunting. Space marines would be doing security detail so that has all the elements. Scientist being dumb or corrupt with the xenomorphs, lets them loose, the preds hunt them down and kill a few annoying humans in the process, then they team up but it is an uneasy alliance. After they kill (or so they think) all the aliens they turn on each other. All of a sudden a queen pops out and it is a free for all to get off the planet and to safety. who wins? Who survives? that's my little secret.

The scientists have a trump card.....they have ROBOCOP in cryostasis! Robocop battles the alien queen and predator while the scientists make a beeline for the closest evac ship. They get off ...the planet explodes....but they see facehugger stasis tubes....they hear screeching. They scream...but in space....nobody can hear them scream. The ship is bound for earth....colorado gunnison or what's left of it. XD

What, no Terminators? You must have at least one T-800 show up.

As a cameo, a decapitated T-800 torso lies in one of those sticky cocoon like things in front of a hatching egg. A face hugger hatches and tries raping Arnie's mouth but he just chews on it till it dies. "Hasta La Vista, baby."

While we have a virtual, all out furball going on between Predators, Aliens, Colonial Marines, Robocop, and even John McClane, more enter the fray.

As a squad of Marines are close to being overrun by a swarm of Aliens and a few opportunistic Predators, John Rambo and John Matrix parachute in and saves them. Rambo unloads a deadly wall of fire from his M60 machinegun, screaming "Rrraaaahhhhh!!!" while Matrix skillfully utilizes his M203, blowing apart groups of Aliens and Preds. Matrix even throws his combat knife, impaling a Predator to a wall holding a series of hunting trophies (irony).

Out of nowhere, more help arrives in a heroic, flying kick of an entry by Jean-Claude Van Damme that knocks away a pair of menacing Aliens. He lands, preparing to take on another group of the menacing creatures, but a Facehugger jumps out of nowhere, latching on to his a$$, and... does it's thing.

/shedtear

Edited by Warmaker

While we have a virtual, all out furball going on between Predators, Aliens, Colonial Marines, Robocop, and even John McClane, more enter the fray.

As a squad of Marines are close to being overrun by a swarm of Aliens and a few opportunistic Predators, John Rambo and John Matrix parachute in and saves them. Rambo unloads a deadly wall of fire from his M60 machinegun, screaming "Rrraaaahhhhh!!!" while Matrix skillfully utilizes his M203, blowing apart groups of Aliens and Preds. Matrix even throws his combat knife, impaling a Predator to a wall holding a series of hunting trophies (irony).

Out of nowhere, more help arrives in a heroic, flying kick of an entry by Jean-Claude Van Damme that knocks away a pair of menacing Aliens. He lands, preparing to take on another group of the menacing creatures, but a Facehugger jumps out of nowhere, latching on to his a$$, and... does it's thing.

/shedtear

You forgotn when Patrick Swayze showed up and it was time to "Not be nice" :)

You forgotn when Patrick Swayze showed up and it was time to "Not be nice" :)

Right on. I'm watching the Road House double feature as we speak...

OMG, it was terrible. I can't believe I got talked into this by popular consensus when going out with a group of friends, what a waste of money. The only thing good that night was the Nando's Portuguese Chicken.

Edited by kensei

/shedtear

Thankfully, Van Damme's sphincter is stronger by far than the facehugger's proboscis thanks to years of 'excersice'. With a violent squat, can damme snaps kills the facehugger, snapping off it's proboscis, but van damme failed to consider the alien's acidic blood! As Van Damme slowly dissolves into from his ass up, he notices the blood sinking deeper and deeper into the earth itself. As his vision slowly greys out, he feels the very earth tremble and from deep within he hears a terrible robotic voice boom out, "I am MEGATRON!" as he breathes his last and finally melts away into a pool of acid and bubbling blood.

Wow! You just described AVP2 for PC down to the letter pretty much. Such a great game...

• 1 month later...

I post this only for the sheer hilarity of it....

IGN has details on the coming DVD for AVP:R, including the I'm-not-jokingly-titled Two-Disc Extreme Unrated Special Edition :lol: Did they run out of adjectives? Does this leave room for the Two-Disc Extreme To The Max Unrated Special Directors Cut Extended Edition?

Seriously...are there any developmentally-challenged manchildren who are still interested in this? Even the soft headed dolts who gave the first movie a decent BO take seemed to have stayed away from this one. Come on...I just know somebody's just dying to post "Well....maybe they'll do better with the third one. I liked the comics. They should do those."

Two-Disc Extreme Unrated Special Edition

First of all, this has me amazed.

"Two-Disc" - This movie has enough content and behind the scenes material to rate 2 discs? That is amazing!

"Extreme" - There's more violence they cut out? The movie already has enough violence with the kill-meter already starting not long after the movie starts. And all the violence in the theatrical cut didn't save the movie...

"Unrated" - What, are we going to see a woman giving birth to a normal baby with a Predalien swooping right as he / she comes out and eats it? Just for the sake of "shock value?"... Amazingly, it still wouldn't save the movie!

"Special Edition" - Maybe if they recut / redid the combat so you can actually SEE the fighting instead of a bunch of dark, incoherent closeups, it'll rate the SE title.

I also foresee 2 more possible editions past the Two-Disc Extreme Unrated Special Edition.

"Collector's Exxxtreme Edition" - Splices in sex scenes cut from the theatrical version. During one couple's "scene," a Predator impales them both with a spear, sees a poster of Jason from Friday the 13th on the wall, and nods at it.

"Director's Cut" - The director makes a version of "teh awsomness" of AvP2 to properly bring the movie inline with the true, glorious pedigrees of the 2 franchises that make it up. Inside, you'll find 3 discs to have: Predator, Alien, and Aliens movies, but no AvP 1 or 2... all in ONE awesome package!

Edited by Warmaker

• 4 weeks later...

I think the next sequel should be "Predator vs Alien vs Spy vs Spy"

(And I just noticed that this is my 100th post. Shouldn't I get a red letter from Shawn or Graham or something. That's what the Queen does for people's 100th B-days in the UK)

Edited by Alex