Aliens Vs. Predator 2 Script and Movie Review

Yeah, we've heard the "grumbly UK crew" story before. They also didn't like some American showing up to sequelize their hit movie. But I had asssumed you were talking about the film-going public and their opinions, like the rest of us were. I never claimed to have some super insider info.

Also, get bent.

wow, for someone who likes to attack others for their apparant lack of intellect and cinematic finese, I somehow expected more from you than a school yard taunt.

Yeah, we've heard the "grumbly UK crew" story before. They also didn't like some American showing up to sequelize their hit movie. But I had asssumed you were talking about the film-going public and their opinions, like the rest of us were. I never claimed to have some super insider info.

Technically, James Cameron is Canadian.

*laughing* maybe the queen could just set up shop at the bottom of the sea? She could make shark aliens, squid aliens, sword fish aliens, flying fish aliens, octopus aliens, a Little Nemo alien.

haha... I can see it name, marlin finally gets nemo home to their anemone and nemo is all excited about school... and just then, while nemo is enjoying some yummy copepods for breakfast.... a chest burster! Marlin is frantic, oh no oh no! As nemo's dead and ravaged body slowly rises to the surface belly up, the little orange and black alien makes a mad dash for safety, only to be caught in the stinging arms of the anemone. Screaming in rage and frustration, the little alien is stung and dragged to be slowly digested in the gelatinous bowels of the anemone as marlin huddles nemo's broken body, sobbing to himself.

Watched the preview.

Is it just me or is CGI being used for gore now? The violence alone should make this NC-17 or something. Yeah I liked the violence in the new Rambo preview but I considered that to be more of a comedy.

2. The fact that it's taking place on Earth with teenagers straight out of "Chainsaw Massacre" is proof enough that something has gone seriously wrong in the script writing. Whoever orchestrated this scenario should be shot.

Yup. Its not about the level of gore or violence. Lots of shows have gore and violence and guns.

What is important is that the gore and violence should be directed at and come from COLONIAL MARINES with pulse rifles, Dropships and all the nerd heaven accoutrements.

I could never stand Hollywoods fascination with having the stereotypical high school teen, nerd, jock, sheriff, scientist, tight ass general/colonel etc etc in most shows. GIMME BACK MY COLONIAL MARINES GAWDAMMIT!!!! AND I WANT THOSE MG42 BASED PROPS BACK YA HEAR ME!!!!

Is the Predator attacking unarmed ppl now? That's a party foul. We'll see, but that kind of mindless killing is more of an alien thing. The AVP comic was ok, but I don't think it's be all, end all. Plus we've seen that before, if it sucks, well it sucks.

if you mean the blond chick who gets attached to the wall, she has a pistol - there was a shot by shot breakdown of the trailer on some avp website. Still, if I was a predator I wouldn't be considering her as a major threat to my life. so it's play ball but only on a technicality!

if you mean the blond chick who gets attached to the wall, she has a pistol - there was a shot by shot breakdown of the trailer on some avp website. Still, if I was a predator I wouldn't be considering her as a major threat to my life. so it's play ball but only on a technicality!

Ah didn't see that. Cool.

Is the Predator attacking unarmed ppl now? That's a party foul. We'll see, but that kind of mindless killing is more of an alien thing. The AVP comic was ok, but I don't think it's be all, end all. Plus we've seen that before, if it sucks, well it sucks.

Maybe all the humans getting pwnd is because they're all infected with aliens? So the Pred is pre-emptively killin' 'em?

Yup. Its not about the level of gore or violence. Lots of shows have gore and violence and guns.

What is important is that the gore and violence should be directed at and come from COLONIAL MARINES with pulse rifles, Dropships and all the nerd heaven accoutrements.

I could never stand Hollywoods fascination with having the stereotypical high school teen, nerd, jock, sheriff, scientist, tight ass general/colonel etc etc in most shows. GIMME BACK MY COLONIAL MARINES GAWDAMMIT!!!! AND I WANT THOSE MG42 BASED PROPS BACK YA HEAR ME!!!!

Colonial Marines only need ONE prop: the motion tracker. Imagine using that to track a Predator, only to have the blip disappear right in front of you. You move on to the next room, never knowing that you were standing in front of a stealthed alien.

Do recall that not every Predator is going to stick slavishly to their hunting code. Some of them are insane enough to even break it, as was seen in Batman vs Predator.

Do recall that not every Predator is going to stick slavishly to their hunting code. Some of them are insane enough to even break it, as was seen in Batman vs Predator.

Yeah actually if i remember correctly in Predator: Bad Blood there was a rogue Predator who ended up on earth (yeah i know of all places) and was systematically killing ppl. with no provocation.

Isn't it obvious they are setting it on present day earth to make it more accesible to people who live in Present day earth, do not like scifi movies and could care less about Alien or aliens... kinda like when they made Amanda more of the secondary character in the early episodes of Raven cause an Immortal lead would alienate the mortal, non-scifi/fantasy loving american public. It misses the whole point, but hey.

I'll reserve judgement on this movie till I see it.

I really do wonder Why this Aliens vs. Predator movie had to take place in the present day. I guess it’s cheaper to just go down to Wal-Mart, grab some crap of off the racks for the costumes, and uses a small American town as a setting. I'm kind of curious how much money they are spending on this movie. Maybe it’s the sub par acting, but something about this movie just feels cheap. Even the last two alien movies, sort of like them or absolutely hate them, had decent set design. Like the 1st AvP it seems we're getting another teen slasher movie that just happens to have aliens and predators in it.

If they had to make a third AvP movie I'd like to see a total break with the previous two. I'd it set on an alien infested Earth, set somewhere after the events of Resurrection. Or better yet, we can forget resurrection and pretend maybe the sulaco had a second egg on it that was retrieved by Yutani.

On the other hand, my ideal AvP movie would be one that never got green lit. AvP might be harmless entertainment, but by gobbling up crap this crap, your pretty much sending a message that movies don't have to be all that well made to make a bundle. Of course, this is coming from a guy who watched and enjoyed the Transformers movie (and owns a lot of the toys), so I guess I can't be all that critical. But I'm not under any delusion that what I watched was a good movie. Still, I got to say, don't let nostalgia blind you. Just because it has Aliens, Predators, Terminators, X-wings, Tie-fighters, Death Stars, Autobots and Decepticons doesn't mean it’s automatically good. Maybe they had cutting edge FX for their time, but if that was all these movies had going for them, they would have fallen into obscurity long ago. While I'd love to see space marines used in an AvP movie and have it set in the future, all that counts for nothing if they don't add some substance to the conflict, and have a compelling hero overcome it. Even a movie like 300, despite being 75% action, (and I really didn't like it that much, but I won't go into my reasons for that) had a compelling reason for the conflict, fighting an invading tyrant, a compelling lead who was willing to stand up to said tyrant against massive odds and a wife that stood by him no matter the cost. While these are not new or overwhelmingly fresh themes, they do breath some life into what would have otherwise been a very flat and boring film. You can't just sit back and watch these monsters beat each other up. Why are they fighting? Why should I care about the Heroes? Why should I hate/fear the villains? Why should I give them my 9 dollars?

Edited by GobotFool

Yea, I want my colonial marines too!!!

^_^

Yea, I want my colonial marines too!!!

^_^

a few powerloaders would be nice too.

I could never stand Hollywood’s fascination with having the stereotypical high school teen, nerd, jock

Maybe because these groups are its target audience?

Edited by GobotFool

• 2 weeks later...

BUT - if we never go see Aliens Vs. Predator at ALL, we're sending the message that nobody is interested in them period, and, another one will never get made period. I'd rather have new ones that aren't that great, then never see another one again.

Well, I agree they did great with 1-2. Three was just sorta' boring in my book. Resurrection was weird but better than three. (this is just my opinion!) I also have to say, as for supporting the manufacturers of this new breed of "teen slasher w/pred/aliens" flicks, think of it as when you helped buoy up fox back in the day when we bought the crappy Alien 3 trading cards. Hell man, when I was a kid I'd buy anything Aliens, OR Predator. But regardless of all that, this new movie just may be really cool! I'm looking forward with hope in my twitchy eyes.

I finally got around, not that I was in a hurry mind you, to seeing the trailer.

???

This sequel reminds me of what happened to a woman author when she hear that "woman can't write strong sexual female characters". Her next book was 40% sex as were many of her books afterwards.

Basically it looks like the studio listened to the "WTF! PG-13??" complaints and brought in 2 completely ametur Kevin Smiths wannabes and told them to make an "R" movie, and they've turned out a "Billy & BobbyJoe Vs The Space Aliens" gore flick.

Why oh why could they have not gotten somebody with ability and experience like John Carpenter!! :wacko:

You know looking at this trailer I'm struck by how easily they could have put the colonial Marines into it. Just change "isolated town in the middle of nowhere" to "Isolated Colony in the middle of space (one that was terraformed to/coincedentally does look like Earth)" change "US military Rolling in to lock the town down" to "US Colonial Marines dropping in to lock the colony down", and change the "Neeto special effects shot of an F-22 Raptor getting ready to nuke the town from the air" to "Neeto special effects shot of a Sulaco clone getting ready to nuke the colony from orbit (it's the only way to be sure)" and bang you have almost what most people wanted out of an Aliens vs Predator movie. I'm willing to bet that 90% of us would even forgive the whole teen slasher aspect of it if they just set in in space.

You know looking at this trailer I'm struck by how easily they could have put the colonial Marines into it. Just change "isolated town in the middle of nowhere" to "Isolated Colony in the middle of space (one that was terraformed to/coincedentally does look like Earth)" change "US military Rolling in to lock the town down" to "US Colonial Marines dropping in to lock the colony down", and change the "Neeto special effects shot of an F-22 Raptor getting ready to nuke the town from the air" to "Neeto special effects shot of a Sulaco clone getting ready to nuke the colony from orbit (it's the only way to be sure)" and bang you have almost what most people wanted out of an Aliens vs Predator movie. I'm willing to bet that 90% of us would even forgive the whole teen slasher aspect of it if they just set in in space.

Thats the movie i want to see.

Space sets are expensive. Its probably set in a normal every day middle america town because its cheaper... <_<

Space sets are expensive. Its probably set in a normal every day middle america town because its cheaper... <_<

That's why you set it in a remote colony world that looks just like Earth (either through terraforming or "just because"). Then it's just a matter making a few prop/wardrobe changes. Maybe change the color of the fake blood squirting out of one of the characters in their death scene to white for the big "ZOMG THEY WERE TEH ANDROID!!!!!!11!!one" reveal. You can do all of that without an appreciable effect on the budget.

Edited by Nied

sets wouldn't be a problem.. everything's green screened these days. Maybe Jim Cameron won't relinquish intellectual rights to the colonial marines (I'm assuming he'd have some say in this besides Fox)