New Mwcon Thread

I'll try to make this meet. How long is the meet anyway? will people also be going to ax?

I'll be flying down from the bay area, so what would be the most ideal airport to land at?

Edited by duckie81

So is anybody gonna bring a modded game station to play imports again??

I have the Sega Saturn macross game...still havent tried it..

I will bring with just in case.

PM Solscud for directions and time.

412858[/snapback]

413026[/snapback]

Wish you'd posted this a couple days ago, I would have brought mine. I'm already in LA though, and my Saturn is back at home.

PM Solscud for directions and time.

412858[/snapback]

413026[/snapback]

I am brining my import PS2.

It was uneventful. There was supposed to be a "Rip on Shawn" session, but that never really materialized. And the con eventually turned into a poker game anyways. Only two people did customs. And some people showed up who we didn't know cuz they didn't provide their names/handles or really talk to anyone. But all in all, it was fun. And XSToys wouldn't let me put on the helmet, but other than that... it was ok.

I gotta couple of people asking me to sell my JM2. The only blue one ever made... I was thinking my huge SDF-1 Canvas poster was gonna attract more attention, but everyone wanted the JM... lol. I stuck the canvas out the window so people wont m istake where the con was.:lol:

it was my 1st con and i guess i'd have to say it was kinda cool meeting new faces from the boards.... I got to see things i've never seen before in person and learned there's a lot more Macross merchandise that i didn't know about...

XStoys' display area was pretty awesome to look at and awe over.... much more appreciation for his collection after i found out how rare some of that stuff is....

Major Tom was selling a lot of good stuff for great prices.... i jump started my CM's collection by getting a case of Series 2 and Series 3 figures and also the Miria 639 set...

haha... but the best part was trying to pick which box to buy so that i could get the Max Chase.... i couldn't decide so i had Snip312, Peter, pick out a box for me since he seemed to have such good luck getting 2nd in the poker tourny the nite before... i agreed that if he picked the box w/ the chase, i'd give him a free CM's figure....

BOOYAH!!!! MAX CHASE BABY!!!! haha..... i was gonna cry if i didn't get one.... but Peter helped me out and got his CM's Roy for free....

that was the most exciting part of the Con for me.... haha... i sucked at poker during the tourny and at the con.... i just can't seem to win when we play on weekends.....

much props to Solsclud, Nick, for organizing the Con and getting everyone together.... props to Phatslappy, Rob, for hosting the con at his house.... haha.. you need to paint some of the walls in your house...but it was nice and roomy..... Also mad props to >Exo<, Alex, for organizing the MW Poker tourney.... it was a successful event that brought almost the same amount of people to play poker than the actual Con... haha....

also.... a special thanks to my girl Caroline who went out and got a new dress to Cosplay as Minmei.... she looked pretty awesome once she did up her hair in a bun and pigtails.... =]

looking forward to more poker tourneys and more cons!!!

also.... a special thanks to my girl Caroline who went out and got a new dress to Cosplay as Minmei.... she looked pretty awesome once she did up her hair in a bun and pigtails.... =]

looking forward to more poker tourneys and more cons!!!

413484[/snapback]

I told kiririth that he was the true winner of the poker tourney because he got to go home with the 1/1 scale Minmay and live out everyone else's fantasy... and by that I dont mean he got to fly a real live valk home. :lol:

Just got back to Houston after my first trip to the LA area and I had to say that I had a great time at AX and at the MWCon. It was really fun to finally put a face with all the names I've known for a few years here. :) Special thanks to BobePatt, EXO and Solscud for hooking me up with a place to stay (thanks, Alex) and taking me all around SoCal for all this stuff.

I gotta couple of people asking me to sell my JM2.  The only blue one ever made... I was thinking my huge SDF-1 Canvas poster was gonna attract more attention, but everyone wanted the JM... lol. I stuck the canvas out the window so people wont m istake where the con was.:lol:

413434[/snapback]

hey, I totally noticed that poster. I didn't realize it was canvas though. I was going to ask if it was for sale, but there was no way that was going to fit in my car. There was also so much stuff to look at. I know for you MWcon regulars, this was all stuff you seen before, but for me it was macross overload. Seeing the customs first hand and not through pictures gives you much more appreciation for them.

There was a lot more people that came than I was expecting. I would have been more social but I didn't sleep at all the night before and I was a little on the tired side. I had a good time and it was great to finally meet most of you that I only knew by MW handles. Ill definatly be back next year. This time with my own customs and if there will be another poker tourney, Ill try and make that also. Be prepared!

Sweet merciful crap! That Roy VF-1S custom is breath-taking! I've never seen that "texture" of weathering before. But it looks positively real!

Well I hope I can make it next year, looks like lots of fun. Well I guess I've got a whole year to practice my poker face.

Tis the season!

Well I will not be able to make it to MWcon or AX (for the first time since the very first one, and animecon prior to that) I would like to send a care package of goodies for prizes for my fellow Macossians who will be there.

I have a few things right now I would like to send but this weekend I'm going to pick up a few more small things. Can somebody in charge of MWcon PM with where to ship the items.

407246[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...