New Star Trek Movie In 2009..

bandit29

I've been meaning to get First Contact. I've had the 2009 Star Trek on my computer and cell phone for probably 2 or 3 months. Not sure if I'll buy the BD...

I've got the double-disc sets for all the movies, so yet another DVD release didn't reach my radar. I did pick up the blu-ray for Wrath of Khan, just to see the transfer (pretty sweet), but I won't be partaking of any others unless they release a set at least as feature-packed as the special edition DVDs.

I've got the double-disc sets for all the movies, so yet another DVD release didn't reach my radar. I did pick up the blu-ray for Wrath of Khan, just to see the transfer (pretty sweet), but I won't be partaking of any others unless they release a set at least as feature-packed as the special edition DVDs.

Feature packed, or at the very least with the extened versions of I & II.

• 3 weeks later...

OK. The DVD release of the new film has happened in Australia first (yay, nearly two weeks b4 the yanks) and in the deleted scenes we get our first look (kinda) at the new-look Klingons. There is a link to a video of them at the bottom of this page........ B)) B))

Thanks to Garth....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15528/-st...ingons-revealed

Taksraven

Don't waste your time Spoiler: The Klingon are wearing masks. There I just saved every one 3 seconds.

C'mon, I did put "kinda" in brackets and I am sure that there would be some who would be interested in taking a look. They are helmets rather than just masks and they look sorta cool. :p :P :p

Taksraven

So they still haven't put out the longer version of Wrath of Khan on BD? That's what I want, until then, my trusty old DVD will soldier on.

TWOK got the best treatment on Blu-ray... I do want the cut footage but this is the best it's ever looked and sounded.

Usually gigantic plot holes and and an underdeveloped villain will ruin a movie.

Despite it's underwhelming script, Trek is fun, vibrant, well paced, and just a blast. As much as I am not a fan of Abrams, I think the success of this franchise is all on his shoulders. Of course, having the cast he did helps a lot too.

• 3 weeks later...

DVD and Blu-Ray release day!

I picked up the Target exclusive Blu-Ray set, which comes with this nifty Enterprise model that stores the discs in the saucer section.

For being a "freebie" with the discs, it's actually a surprisingly good model. Everything snaps together firmly and is nice and straight. Lots of painted/printed details, and the nacelles have clear Bussard collectors on them.

4111682961_5c099b9b00_o.jpg

Edited by Grand Admiral

DVD and Blu-Ray release day!

I picked up the Target exclusive Blu-Ray set, which comes with this nifty Enterprise model that stores the discs in the saucer section.

4111682961_e456a8b4fe_b.jpg

That's the DVD case? :blink: That's awesome...

But only for BluRay? Mutha'uckas...

Edited by Kelsain

For being a "freebie" with the discs, it's actually a surprisingly good model.

That case is really nice, but not exactly a "freebie." My local Target's asking $30 for Enterprise-case Blu-ray... so I bought Star Trek at Wal-Mart, where they only wanted $20 for the regular Blu-ray.

That case is really nice, but not exactly a "freebie." My local Target's asking $30 for Enterprise-case Blu-ray... so I bought Star Trek at Wal-Mart, where they only wanted $20 for the regular Blu-ray.

You can buy the non-special case set at Target for the same price, as well.

Anyway, maybe it's not free, but it's better than I would expect for the $10 extra. You can't get a decent Enterprise toy of this size for $10 anywhere.

The Target set with the model rings up at $25, despite the $30 sign---I think they just lowered it this morning.

Also--that model is by far the best representation of that ship so far IMHO. And it works surprisingly well for holding the discs---it has a better latch etc than most official cases. I do need to find a 2-disc Blu-Ray case though now, as I will not keep them in there permanently. (and gotta find how to print up a case sleeve, too)

I loved this movie, and I can't wait to see the cut footage, but I have to say, I still really hate the ship design. Bloody hell, it would have been a perfect redesign if it wasn't for the main hull being too far forward.

Edited by peter

The deleted scenes are nothing special. The Klingon thing, in particular. Hints of the ridges and all that, but why did the interrogator speak so well? That's not Rura Penthe... looks like the engine room of the ships. :lol:

I got the Target special myself. At the same price as the Best Buy version, minus the awful cover art, it was a no brainer. I'm actually surprised I wound up watching everything but the commentary. I also think I like it more this time around.