New Star Trek Movie In 2009..

bandit29

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know anything about the new "Star Trek Vehicles" that Hot Wheels is making soon? Supposedly they're 1:50, which I assume means that they are regular cars done up to look like Star Trek ships or something. They just got listed on BBTS so I was wondering what's the dilly-yo.

Vostok 7

Similar to the last toy post, but that was lacking a look at the new bridge....

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2008/...64&aid=4083

Taksraven

I hate to say it, but the new NCC-1701 looks kinda retcon-tastic. Hopefully it's just the toy that makes it look too bulky.

The Refit/-A will always be my favorite of the Enterprises, and the Miranda-class will always be my ultimate favorite ST ship, but it's nice to see they TRIED to keep some original flavor in the new re-design.

I mean, after Enterprise, how much worse could the Star Trek franchise get? It can only get better, right?

Vostok 7

Did this movie even come out?

Other than this thread I haven't heard anything about it. And I haven't read anything but the thread title either - just noticed it was supposed to come out in 2008. It's now 2009 and I haven't seen this movie anywhere.

How could I have missed it?

Pete

Did this movie even come out?

Other than this thread I haven't heard anything about it. And I haven't read anything but the thread title either - just noticed it was supposed to come out in 2008. It's now 2009 and I haven't seen this movie anywhere.

How could I have missed it?

Pete

it got pushed back, was supposed to open for christmas.

I don't think that the director was too happy about the film being pushed back. I certainly wasn't, NO good films were released in Australia during the Christmas period (and only a few good ones have come out since).

Taksraven

Should that be "May"-be

Could get pushed back again... you never know.

That would be a risk. The longer they keep it unreleased, the greater the chance of some bootleg version hitting the net.

Taksraven

wth have they done? in an era where they can get pretty accurate headsculps of characters, those are some NASTY headsculpts right thar.

You do realize that these are based on the new movie actors and not TOS. Though the 3 3/4 figures do suck regardless of who they are sculpted after. Why can't Art Asylum continue to do the new movie figures since they are doing everything else? I used to think my Playmates ships were cool, until I got my Art Asylum Enterprise E and TWOK Enterprise. Now I want nothing to do with Playmates Star Trek toys.

Edited by sharky

I thought the reason they pushed it back was because Paramount wanted a summer release, to make it a tent/blockbuster release. :unsure:

Regarding ST toys/collectibles, this was always my personal favorite:

post-3595-1233390111_thumb.jpg

Don't mess with this tough little ship! B))

I'm pretty much sold on this, now the hard part is tricking the girlfriend into going...

Easy peasy, just show her some pics of the new Kirk and some of the other boys......

Taksraven

• 1 month later...