Wip Sleeker Vf1 For 4" Figures T

steel bonnet

Hi All,

This is my first time posting on here :D

Also this is my 2nd Macross/Mospeada/Robotech project.

It`s a WORK in Progress so ANY Input I`d be glad of & after seeing some of the work here know there`s some Very talented people on here.

Anyway background. Always hated the Squatness of the HG VF1 & have been tempted amany times to repain a GI JOE Skystriker in RDF colours.

Well picked up a cheap complete HG VF1 & a Cheap Skystriker & thought bugger it,lets combine the right parts to make a More sleeker looking VF1 Fighter mode veritech.

So here`s what`s been done so far..........

MY WIP Veritech Fighter VF-1.

This is what i did originally with the Skystriker just to COMMIT myself to the project (No turning back now)

customs-1024.jpg

TODAY I`ve been busy working on Both Airframes for what I Need :D

Padded out the leg to make it look more correct IMO & also to fit better with the Skystriker body ;) Needs to be sanded down,rounded off & filler.

robotech059.jpg

Next I removed the Matchbox/HG Nose-Cockpit section from it`s body

robotech060.jpg

Also did the same with the SKYSTRIKER.

robotech062.jpg

Quick test of New nose-cockpit with Skystriker body.

robotech064.jpg

Next the wings,the VF1 has a section of the wing removed instead of the straight wing the Skystriker is.

robotech065.jpg

Next i worked on the Body near the cockpit section.

Just drawn out.

robotech066.jpg

With the section removed.

robotech067.jpg

Quick Mock up of the rear of the VF1 i`m doing with Legs & Arm sections next to body.

robotech068.jpg

I`ve worked the body & cockpit-nose section to a better fit. I want the section to be removeable as it should be. I will be extending the nose. Also another advantage of this as the nose section is the Nose wheel WILL be in the Nose,unlike the Skystriker.

robotech069.jpg

Well there you go so far. A LOT of chopping today of BOTH Aircraft so there`s most certainly NO turning back......LOL

Though It`s also starting to look the part too I think :D

Still a LOT to do :D

Look forward to hearing what you think so far :D

NOTE I`ve done these as Links as the pictures Will not show up for some reason.Sorry about that :(

Ja

Steel Bonnet

Next the cockpit needs tweeking so A,A figure fits better & looks more comfortable in it. Using a Microman here just as he`s nice & tall :D

FIRST off Sketchs concerning Nose extension (LMK if you think it`s Good or Bad).

robotech086.jpg

NEXT Here`s the accurate sketches for the cockpit reworking.

robotech077.jpg

robotech078.jpg

robotech079.jpg

USING A MICROMAN Figure means I`ll have plenty of room if I use typical Robotech figures or Joe customs.

robotech082.jpg

Shaded section is to be removed for the NEW Wheel housing.

robotech080.jpg

Quick Cockpit mockup with Microman

robotech083.jpg

robotech084.jpg

LASTLY I want advice please. On the HG VF1 the Gun Pod was held my 2 sections on the fake arms like so

robotech085.jpg

DO I keep that securing system or should i be daring & come up with one that doesn`t have BIG Plastic pieces sticking out when the Gun Pod isn`t there? LMK :D

Anyway there you have it an Update so far,mainly Brainstorming as said though I`ve NOW sorted out the cockpit for better fitting for figures & also wheel extention too :D

Ja

Steel Bonnet

Well that`s it so far :D

I`m mainly looking as said for a more sleeker Fighter mode VF1. Partially tempted for a Gerwalker mode TO Fighter mode version I must admit. Though not sure If I CAN pull that one off.

Anyway would love to hear your thoughts so far on this project & also any input :D

Thank`s nightmareB4macross,

I appreciate the input there mate & alas I`m starting to think you maybe right.

Thank`s

ja

Steel Bonnet

Edited by steel bonnet

I am really looking forward to seeing how this progresses SB. Question how are you planning to integrate the legs into the existing intakes, if at all, and what about the dorsal surface, do you plan to sculpt/carve the details from teh VF-1 into it? As for the gun pod, as say cut off those tabs, the scope and the handle. Then lengthen it and fill it in, it should be fairly smooth, then glue it in place between the two arms in the proper orientation, will make it look a ton better.

Wow, thats one heck of a project you took on, look forward to seeing the finished project. Good job so far.

The legs do look short. Another idea to make them larger would be to saw them in 1 or 2 sections and add styrene strips in between each section. After that you might have to split the legs down the center and add a strip or two a s well. You'll also have to do some shaping with putty. I would do the same to the thighs and feet. It looks like it's coming along, keep posting pics.

Thank`s very much :D

I was hoping to be doing more work today alas I`m off to a BBQ tody :D So it`ll be tomorrow I do more :D Photos will be posted of that`s done :D

Knight,

Again thank`s mate for the push to post here :D

Well I actually am using a bracket to secure the legs to the body (I`ll show photos of that as it`s easier in pictures than words.

The dorsal surface I`ll use what I can from the VF1 & also scupt/carve.

I think I will remove those pieces from the VF1 Gunpod holders,as there just too unsightly.

Thank`s mate :D

Mechwarrior,

Thank`s very much mate :D Appreciate that :D

Robodog,

Well once I`ve done hopefully the legs look better for it. Ahh I hadn`t thought of the feet,I thought they worked. I`ll look into that & thank`s mate :D

So as said i`ll get more done tomorrow & post what`s done :D

Thank`s again for the support on this & Moreso the Input :D

Ja

Steel Bonnet

• 3 weeks later...