1/65 Fire And Blazer Valkyries

Skv0ra

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ROBOTECH-MACROSS-FIR...1QQcmdZViewItem

Can someone please give me details on these? Who's the manufacturer, what quality are these, are they worth it at all? Thanks.

Also, what about Bandai's Fire valk?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MACROSS-7-BANDAI-CUSTO...1QQcmdZViewItem

392160[/snapback]

that first one is the bootleg versions.

they're ok if you dont spend too much, i bought them for $5 each at a store in chinatown in toronto.

the 2nd one, i can't see any pictures, but they say it's the bandai reissue. i think i paid $40 when they first came out, I have this one displayed in the cabinet, don't play with it too much, i've got my yamato 1/72 vf-19a that i play with.

The second one is the bandai reissue. First are boots. If you look at the box where the bandai logo should be, and see a character instead, then that is one way of telling if it is a boot.

The reissue is packaged in fighter mode (and I think some of the detail is painted on rather than as stickers) while the first issue was in battroid mode.

I own a bandai and they are pretty light weight but good quality. The joints are stiff, it has a nice glossy shiny look to it, and is very playable and fun to transform and handle. Posability in the hips is not too good though.

Just a warning, the bootleg blazer is the same mold as the fire, so the wings are incorrect. Not a huge deal except that the wing stickers that come with the bootleg blazer ARE shaped for a bandai blazer, so they won't quite fit.

These toys are durable and look better in battroid mode than the Yamato YF/VF-19 IMO, but that's where their coolness ends. A good toy for customizing :lol:

Edited by ghostryder