1st Release Vs Later Release

ominous

The original first release are considered rare and more value from a collectors stand point. I think?

Usually, yes, but in the 1/48 world it doesn't seem to matter. Since the later editions have obvious improvements it kind of counters the "rareness" factor of the first editions. Another good example of this is the M+ YF-19. The first edition seems equal in price to the 1.5 and 2nd editions.

Some day, way down the road, the 1st editions will probably all appreciate a bit better than the reissues. Buying 1/48s as an investment is a very bad idea though with Yamato being so willing to offer reissues.

i really believe in getting the later issues. you will get a better toy with improvements and by then the price will be more affordable (basic economy, the more the supplies, the lower the price). kyatsu :lol:

The original first release are considered rare and more value from a collectors stand point. I think?

Usually, yes, but in the 1/48 world it doesn't seem to matter. Since the later editions have obvious improvements it kind of counters the "rareness" factor of the first editions. Another good example of this is the M+ YF-19. The first edition seems equal in price to the 1.5 and 2nd editions.

Some day, way down the road, the 1st editions will probably all appreciate a bit better than the reissues. Buying 1/48s as an investment is a very bad idea though with Yamato being so willing to offer reissues.

391877[/snapback]