Anime Expo 2006

We're already in April and they do not even have a bloody guestlist, how utterly LAME! <_<

391242[/snapback]

I thought you were boycotting AX? So does it really matter? ;):D:p:lol:

i'll prolly go just 1 day and buy the 'exhibition hall' only pass for $10 if they have that again this year..... its not worth going all the days.....

SDCC though... i made the mistake of only going 1 day.... silly me....

We're already in April and they do not even have a bloody guestlist, how utterly LAME! <_<

391242[/snapback]

391844[/snapback]

Pat, it does matter to me b/c as I've previously stated (if you read carefully), I am boycotting AX, however, depending on the guests I may attend. I do not go to AX for the annoying noob fans and pisspoor crowd control, just the guests and specific dealers.

391242[/snapback]

391844[/snapback]

Pat, it does matter to me b/c as I've previously stated (if you read carefully), I am boycotting AX, however, depending on the guests I may attend. I do not go to AX for the annoying noob fans and pisspoor crowd control, just the guests and specific dealers.

392058[/snapback]

ok, so that means you'll be stopping by the AP booth, right? And buying stuff from us too right? ;):D:p:lol:

391242[/snapback]

391844[/snapback]

392058[/snapback]

ok, so that means you'll be stopping by the AP booth, right? And buying stuff from us too right? ;):D:p:lol:

392098[/snapback]

Sure if I attend I will definitely swing by to say hi to you, SR and Mindy. :) All depends on the guests... they alone sell me on attending. ;)

391242[/snapback]

391844[/snapback]

392058[/snapback]

392098[/snapback]

Sure if I attend I will definitely swing by to say hi to you, SR and Mindy. :) All depends on the guests... they alone sell me on attending. ;)

392125[/snapback]

well aren't you gonna come down anyway to go to the MWcon? Its on sunday of AX. So I'll be helping out on saturday, monday and tuesday at AX and sunday is all about MWcon!! ;):D:p:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Im going as Cloud to this con and Im going to Masquerade. Still looking for a Sephiroth if anybody wants to join me.

Hehe and all expenses paid w00t :lol: !

Should we have a Macross World meet up though?

I might have a change in costume though depending on what I will do.

Edited by Dean

Well solscud007, valkyrie312, and I will be helping out at the Anime Punch booth 952. Come on by and visit.

Im going as Cloud to this con and Im going to Masquerade. Still looking for a Sephiroth if anybody wants to join me.

Hehe and all expenses paid w00t :lol: !

Should we have a Macross World meet up though?

I might have a change in costume though depending on what I will do.

397938[/snapback]

There is a MacrossWorld meet. The poker game after Saturday and the MWCon all day Sunday during the con.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, do y'all know if they've started mailing the badges out? I have to admit it's getting a little harder to keep saying "There's still three weeks left, my precioussssss...." :p

Hey, do y'all know if they've started mailing the badges out? I have to admit it's getting a little harder to keep saying "There's still three weeks left, my precioussssss...." :p

405696[/snapback]

Don't think they're mailing them out till pre-reg closes on the 15th.

405718[/snapback]

Cool, thanks YLM. :)

What does Anime News Network need to give a panel for?

"Uh, hi, we're a news website."

405900[/snapback]

Dude, are you still holding a personal grudge against me? If so, you should drop it right now. So I was wrong on some of my posts, but you didn't have to call me an idiot or tell me not to say dumb things. As for me calling you an apeface or cockfag, that was self-defense. If you want an apology, so be it. Things need to be patched up here, and your continuous personal attacks are not helping at all.

What does Anime News Network need to give a panel for?

"Uh, hi, we're a news website."

405900[/snapback]

Dude, are you still holding a personal grudge against me? If so, you should drop it right now. So I was wrong on some of my posts, but you didn't have to call me an idiot or tell me not to say dumb things. As for me calling you an apeface or cockfag, that was self-defense. If you want an apology, so be it. Things need to be patched up here, and your continuous personal attacks are not helping at all.

407009[/snapback]

things need to be patched up, so let's considered it patched up. We'll consider it even steven since you guys called each other names. Either one of you guys antagonize the other wont be sitting pretty afterwards.

Edited by >EXO<

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've been building models for a while and I'll be going to AX as well. This year will be a little different in that I going to be doing a "model building" workshop. Here's the original post on the AX forums: http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=2364

So anyone interested check out the schedule:

http://www.anime-expo.org/downloads/progra...amming_v1_1.pdf

So I'm set for the following times and days:

7-9 PM Saturday

6-8 PM Sunday

4:30-6:30 Monday

I'm planning on doing the same workshop three times. For those who can only go to one workshop, those only there for one day, etc.... If you're going to the Con, drop on by and say hi! Or if you want to learn some of the techniques I use, come on by and take a seat!

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've been building models for a while and I'll be going to AX as well.  This year will be a little different in that I going to be doing a "model building" workshop.  Here's the original post on the AX forums: http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php?showtopic=2364

So anyone interested check out the schedule:

http://www.anime-expo.org/downloads/progra...amming_v1_1.pdf

So I'm set for the following times and days:

7-9 PM Saturday

6-8 PM Sunday

4:30-6:30 Monday

I'm planning on doing the same workshop three times. For those who can only go to one workshop, those only there for one day, etc.... If you're going to the Con, drop on by and say hi! Or if you want to learn some of the techniques I use, come on by and take a seat!

409341[/snapback]

Man...I want to go to that! Too bad I'm not going to AX.

Oooh I'd like to see that WorkShop I will stop by as a confused Cloud :lol:

Just to tell everyone Im entering the AMV contest, song is going to be by Ayumi Hamasaki and its a Final Fantasy. Cant reveal all the details since for protection. I will till ya exactly what Im doing before the con.

I hope everyone thats going will cheer me on since Im also doing a Cloud solo Skit in Masquerade if I make it out of Standby. Voicing will be done by someone in these forums so I cant say yet. I wont say everything entirely till a few days before the con.

I just hope I got all ya cheers for me when I partcipate in these events.

As Im doing all of these for the first time so good luck to me :) .

-Dean

I'm going down to AX. Can we bring in our own model kits if we wanted to work on those instead? I've never actually painted any of my models before. Heck, most of the few I have so far are poorly made.

410238[/snapback]

Well the format of the workshop is mostly lecture style. You are more than welcome to bring your own kits. I was notified a little too late about the approval of the workshop as well as the time and number of workshops they gave me. I was expecting a 1 hour, 1 day workshop/panel. They gave me 3, two hour workshops to have fun with. But definatly bring a model with you so you can follow along on your kit while I do demos. I'll try to bring some more supplies such as glues, sand paper, etc.

I only airbrush, so I don't plan on doing a live demo of the painting process. I have created a couple of video clips that I had added to my presentation that will demo that part of the build.

The idea I have is to have some handout with areas for taking notes and folks can take what they learned and try it out at home and such. I will have other teachers with me so you will get some personal attention if you have some specific questions during the workshop.

• 3 weeks later...