Macross Contest

Perhaps you could break down the entries into Basic, Intermediate and Master

modeler. Entrants would choose which category they HONESTLY think they fit in.

Also remember that pictures can hide a lot of flaws (at least it helps with mine), so

an otherwise average modeler can have an outstanding looking entry.

And many online contests are based on reader votes (i.e. Starship Modeler and

Modeling Madness) with no skill categories.

Got an email from Graham. He said we can go ahead with this. However, I'm beginning to doubt our abilities to do a contest on this site. Voting would be too difficult unless we set up a panel of a few members (they wouldn't be allowed to vote on their own entries). I'd prefer a popular vote, but I don't think we are set up to handle that without help from the admins. Anyone think we should do it on Starshipmodeler.com? They are more set up for contests... and I know onezero (proprietor of SSM) would be excited for a Macross contest. Any thoughts?

I don't know what it would take to do the contest here, but I think it would be worth it to try.

If that's not possible though, I wouldn't mind doing it over at SSM.

Hey sounds great!! I'm going through a model withdrawal right now... :p

I'M IN! There hasn't been much activity in the model section lately - lets stir it up a bit!

I dunno... if they can be, then I can see the problem. We could do it the same way we do on Lords of the Battlefield (a Battletech site)... everyone submits their entries, and an anonymous panel of the moderators and higher ups vote first to divide the entries anonymously into two categories: Standerd and Expert. They are then out into two public galeries anonymously, and everyone goes and checks them out. We then just have a simple 'voting thread' where everyone posts and votes publicly for an entry in each Standard and Expert, which also allows for people to throw in some comments before the contest is over. The votes are counted up and then the winner is announced and the info for the entries is revealed. It's never had a problem in my experience.