New Shadow Chronicles Screen Caps

Sweet, does this mean Scott isn't going to get along with Jack Baker? That's what it looks like.... but I'm not sure who's who with all the redesigns.

I love the future.... women are going to have sweet tits and wear outfits that prove it all day every day. YES!

I think that black guy prays to Crom.

Are all women required to show cleavage in the RDF?

It's a utopian society.

PS - yes i know you're a woman, yes I'm just being funny. It's a trend in the rest of the animation world (and the real world of movies too) so why fight it... let's just all enjoy the supple ride.

Edited by jenius

Are all women required to show cleavage in the RDF?

389073[/snapback]

As much as they have to in UN Spacy, it would seem. Although to be honest, one of those was an Invid Princess, and the other a music star. We all know about the over-sexification of the music industry already.

All the exposed busts makes me say a big friggin Meeh. I suppose I can understand it for Janice, since she's supposed to be an entertainment idol/android, and I'm amused that her exposed portions form the Macross kite... but doing that with the rest of the characters, ugh. I hate junk that panders.

Nice tits.

You know what's scary? None of these pics show what the men look like below the waist. We might be in for some giant bulges to compensate the women for all the T&A on screen. Yikes...

389144[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sweet, does this mean Scott isn't going to get along with Jack Baker?

No, thats Marcus Rush, Marlene's younger brother....

389063[/snapback]

What? Marlene has a younger brother?

Sweet, does this mean Scott isn't going to get along with Jack Baker?

No, thats Marcus Rush, Marlene's younger brother....

389063[/snapback]

What? Marlene has a younger brother?

389149[/snapback]

Yeah, so now let's play guess the caption to figure out why this Marcus kid would be pissed at Scott...

A) "You sick bastard, rather than getting over my sister you named your new girlfriend after her??"

B) "Wait, I only let you hang out with my sister 'cause I thought you were gay!"

C) "Say 'Admiral Hunter' one more time bitch... try me!"

It's already superior to the Sentinels in that the women don't look like men, and there's cleavage...still don't think it'll make it past this initial direct to video release, if that even ever comes out.

So far I've found all of the nay-sayer comments very funny. We love 80s cartoons but we hate this one because of the visuals. What? Seriously, I still throw in MOSPEADA occasionally... the visuals usually don't hamper my entertainment too much. Here's a modern show with modern visuals that are certainly on par with anything kids watch after school... which was all the original Robotech was.

Keith brings up the most legitimate points as to why it's going to fail. Oh no, he forgot to bring up any. ;) Honestly though, the skepticism is warranted since it's in its Nth delay now. Areaseven, I'm hoping, was being funny. It does remind me of how people in Trigun occasionally get very cartoony faces to show embarassment or pain... and I really didn't dig that at all. Basically, anyone who enjoys Macross should tread very softly when picking on new anime shows lest someone start posting screen pics from original Macross episodes.

Basically, anyone who enjoys Macross should tread very softly when picking on new anime shows lest someone start posting screen pics from original Macross episodes.

389196[/snapback]

I disagree. That was back in the 80s and animation technology wasn't that great. This new production by the pirates at HG are using 21st Century techniques and this is the best they come up with.

Not that the 21st Century Techniques are really turning out anything spectacular that I've heard or seen about. Maybe I'm old school but the new shtick doesn't gel with me either.

I take it as "another anime-like show" disregarding all the background jazz (history and whatnot). What I can see here, I think is fairly ok. Quite good quality actually, I've seen far worse. The clevage baring is sure to get some people off and while I enjoy it, I have to admit it's a bit tasteless after getting too much exposure to it.

(And if they spend the whole series/ show prancing about in that, man, those animators need to get a life!)

At the end of the day, the art as seen here is acceptable, so it boils down to whether the story is good enough. Of course, some here would have written it off already, but I'll like to think I'm a little more open-minded about such things.

Wow Robocrap!

Okay the character designs suck major ass. What with the pointed chins and super long necks. Remember the dark ages of Robotech and Macross when the only things you had to depend on was your own cheesy fanfic or some crappy comic book licence? These pictures take me back to that time.

What happen to 'Sentinels didn't happen' and were gonna do Robotech right this time?

I disagree. That was back in the 80s and animation technology wasn't that great. This new production by the pirates at HG are using 21st Century techniques and this is the best they come up with.

First of all, many of Macross' episodes are bad by 80s standards (we're all familiar with AnimeFriend). Second of all, the point is we don't love Macross (especially now) because it looks so damn cool. We love it because of the story. Hence, dismissing any new shows because of the way they look is a little ridiculous. Here's an example:

"OMG, did you guys see a commercial for that show South Park? It looks like the characters are paper cut-outs!"

Sure, some designs just aren't going to appeal to some people. Like the Harlock series, I had a buddy once ask me if the entire show was composed of women... some of which were trying to look like men. There's certainly nothing that stands out in these screen shots as garrish... nothing to give your an eye an orgasm either. I just think you can tell from the people bashing it already who was going to bash it no matter what.