11 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

It'd be nice to go to the range again. Ammo is still $$$!!

I spend less money shooting 338 Lapua than I do shooting 5.56 or 9mm right now. Granted, you don't put much 338 down range at big distances. But it's silly that it's a less expensive day shooting $5 bills down the barrel. 

I think I've forgotten how to shoot a pistol or carbine.

I have plenty of ammo (I reload, and have a lot of components stocked), the issue is the ranges are so restricted right now it's difficult to get a place to shoot without driving hours to BLM land...

Which is a shame, since I've barely shot the Type 38 my friend found for me.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I have plenty of ammo (I reload, and have a lot of components stocked), the issue is the ranges are so restricted right now it's difficult to get a place to shoot without driving hours to BLM land...

Which is a shame, since I've barely shot the Type 38 my friend found for me.

I've got plenty too. I'm still working off inventory I got in 2007 (lot's of it). I just can't justify running through it unless I'm doing something really run like shoot houses, long difficult ranges of fire, etc. No big deal, I'm having fun shooting the big gun. Trying to get out to some private property next week to see how far I can stretch that 338 out. Hoping for 1mi+.

I'm unfortunately low on reloading supplies.:(

I wish I had thought about this in November 2019. COVID was alreday on my radar because I get stuff manufactured in China. I didn't think about ammo at all. I should have bought $50-100K in ammo and sat on it until right now, then sold it. I could have still put a lot in stock, and make a really good profit. Kicking myself over this one.

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

I wish I had thought about this in November 2019. COVID was already on my radar because I get stuff manufactured in China. I didn't think about ammo at all. I should have bought $50-100K in ammo and sat on it until right now, then sold it. I could have still put a lot in stock, and make a really good profit. Kicking myself over this one.

Truer words have never been spoken! <_<:lol:

So, I just picked up my Glock 48 with silver slide from my FFL.  The last glock that I owned was a 2nd Gen Glock 21 and the first Glock 26 that they made, so I have not had a glock in a number of years.  I have not had the chance the put any rounds through it yet, but plan on it as soon as I can.  I like the feel and the slim grip of the Glock 48.  I was tempted by the Glock 19X and the Glock 19 Gen 5, but as I live in Washington state and am expecting the edict to come down that magazines over 10 rounds will be taxed and/or banned, I went with the 10rd option, plus for $70 less, the Glock 48 came with 4 magazines and factory Ameriglo HD tritium Nightsights, I could not pass it up.  

This was an upgrade for me coming from a Ruger American Full Size .45 ACP and Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 in 9mm.

Twich 

Also, by the by, I just tried to renew my Concealed Carry Permit online through my counties website.  I gave me an error message, so I moved from my phone to a desktop computer.  The error that I got was that I needed to apply for a new permit, as my present permit is expired, which doesn't make sense, since it clearly says a date of Oct. 2021 as the expiration date of the permit.  I am wondering if there are more shenanigan's that I need to do to renew my permit.  God, I hope I don't have to attend some firearms safety course for the permit.....Lovely Shenanigan's!

Twich 

I've been running through my ammo reserves last few years. I have a nice press and all the dies I need. But , unfortunately,  buying components is even scarce now.  Still, I'm going to be persistent and stock up little by little.

12 hours ago, twich said:

So, I just picked up my Glock 48 with silver slide from my FFL.  The last glock that I owned was a 2nd Gen Glock 21 and the first Glock 26 that they made, so I have not had a glock in a number of years.  I have not had the chance the put any rounds through it yet, but plan on it as soon as I can.  I like the feel and the slim grip of the Glock 48.  I was tempted by the Glock 19X and the Glock 19 Gen 5, but as I live in Washington state and am expecting the edict to come down that magazines over 10 rounds will be taxed and/or banned, I went with the 10rd option, plus for $70 less, the Glock 48 came with 4 magazines and factory Ameriglo HD tritium Nightsights, I could not pass it up.  

This was an upgrade for me coming from a Ruger American Full Size .45 ACP and Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 in 9mm.

Twich 

That sounds good. I've got the first gen Glock 17 and the 5th gen 19. They're both great guns. For some reason I prefer the 17..

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any experience with "Canuck"?

I know they're made in Turkey, but I have only ever tried one of their 9mm BHP. Seemed well made and put together, but I only got to put 2 mags through it.

I'm in the market for a semi-auto shotgun, and Canuck offer a Benelli M4 clone [the 'Canuck Operator'] that looks very interesting, about which I've heard good things. Anyone know if their stuff is as quality as it seems?

Edited by slide

1 hour ago, slide said:

Anyone have any experience with "Canuck"?

I know they're made in Turkey, but I have only ever tried one of their 9mm BHP. Seemed well made and put together, but I only got to put 2 mags through it.

I'm in the market for a semi-auto shotgun, and Canuck offer a Benelli M4 clone [the 'Canuck Operator'] that looks very interesting, about which I've heard good things. Anyone know if they're stuff is as quality as it seems?

are you talking about the Canik TP9/other pistols, that are partially imported by Century Arms?  I do not have any personal experience with them, though there are several online/Youtube reviews that say that they are a solid pistol, with several great features for the price.  They also say that the higher end of the Canik line are more slated for competition shooting.  

Twich

On 8/8/2021 at 10:52 AM, sqidd said:

Thanks @sqidd, I overlooked that one somehow.

Well, after a very fun range day my Dad's Mossberg 500A's pump mechanism finally gave up the ghost, not a bad run for a $60 pawn-shop-pickup back in the 70's.

now that I have it completely torn-down, MY GOD the 30" full-choke barrel on this sucker is ridiculous!!! I looks like I have a Browning M2 barrel lying around...

But now I'm REALLY in the market for a new scattergat.

17 hours ago, twich said:

are you talking about the Canik TP9/other pistols, that are partially imported by Century Arms?  I do not have any personal experience with them, though there are several online/Youtube reviews that say that they are a solid pistol, with several great features for the price.  They also say that the higher end of the Canik line are more slated for competition shooting.  

Twich

I've shot some of the Canik pistols, and I really like the TP9. Some variant thereof is in the running to be my first pistol, unless I can get my hands on some kind of BHP...

Canuck is the import moniker for some competitor to Canik. I've no idea what Turkish brand the Canuck stuff actually is.

I know Akkar shotguns are branded "Churchill" over here, but I can't really find out whose behind Canuck.