Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tell me about it........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Canada's course of action is to pass new laws to punish gun owners...  because all those other laws didn't stop the last whacko from acquiring his firearms illegally.     And because Canada has a registry they know right where to go and what doors to knock on..  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

So Canada's course of action is to pass new laws to punish gun owners...  because all those other laws didn't stop the last whacko from acquiring his firearms illegally.     And because Canada has a registry they know right where to go and what doors to knock on..  

 

 

Of course, there's no practical way for them to go door-to-door confiscating firearms, even with a list of license holders. This is why they included a two year amnesty period for affected owners to hand in their firearms. The Canadian gun community has time to mount up a defence.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, at least it's not all semi-autos yet. Just the popular ones like AR derivatives and the Mini 14.

They've included provisions for adding other models to the ban list. This isn't the last of it.

Sick that the LPC are using a tragedy to cynically butter up their voter base by passing useless restrictions. It'll be a cold day in hell before I'll ever consider voting for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, at least it's not all semi-autos yet. Just the popular ones like AR derivatives and the Mini 14.

and all M-14 models and derivatives, and the Scorpion Evo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

On a better note this may be my next buy later this year.

452ad6_10409524414a4e749342bda1fd91965c~

https://www.blackacestactical.com/product-page/pro-series-bullpup-in-black

 

Nice. 

 

5 hours ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

Of course, there's no practical way for them to go door-to-door confiscating firearms, even with a list of license holders. This is why they included a two year amnesty period for affected owners to hand in their firearms. The Canadian gun community has time to mount up a defence.

They've included provisions for adding other models to the ban list. This isn't the last of it.

Sick that the LPC are using a tragedy to cynically butter up their voter base by passing useless restrictions. It'll be a cold day in hell before I'll ever consider voting for them.

Ya. Here in Cali, several years ago, there was very strong talk about banning the same. Luckily, even here there is very strong resistance to this happening. It's bad enough getting affordable ammo , especially now, with the background check bs.. 

Bought myself a Lee pro 1000 press. Gonna just start pressing my own rounds. Have all the dies and shell plate carriers now..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get the emotional side of banning “assault” rifles. But in reality they account for a small percentage of actual murders. If anything you’d ban handguns since you can hide them on your body. But I’m sure that’s coming next. We’re all going to be left with blunderbuses to protect ourselves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hey! I can finally contribute to this thread again!  When the wife says go "pull the trigger" ... you don't hesitate! Took me all day, but I finally tracked one down!  Hard to find any AR's right now, but I win today by going 30 miles west of town! And paid less than MSRP! Gotta love smaller town Texas gun shops inside hardware stores!  LOL!  In and out of the store in 20 minutes! I've taken my first step into a larger world!  Can't wait to take her and it to the range!  She's already in love with it. 

 

20200605_152240.jpg

20200605_152245.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went over gpops and picked up his pistols to clean. A few high standard 22’s.  Seem like nice guns but not the prettiest. Old police 38 revolver. Little 22 mag derringer. S&w model 39 9mm. Guns nice but low capacity to today’s standards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of places have low stock, now is the time to sell.

My Christmas gun finally arrived, they forgot to ship it.  Picked it up last week and finally shot it earlier this week.  About two cases of ammo with no issues.

No pics of targets but it's very accurate.  Three of us put a thousand rounds through it in a few hours during slow times at work (we have a range in the basement at work)

 

Staccato C2

66057-A08-2661-44-BC-BEEC-4-DC143572192.

 

ATF cashed my check today.  I applied for an FFL 01.  They've got 60 days to turn me down.

 

Edited by Chowser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Got my case in last week and got it plucked today. Hopefully wife and I are going to the range later this week to try it out! 

 

20200627_171128.jpg

Nice. My first AR was an M&P. Loved it.

 

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Man, I REALLY need to get to the range. I've probably forgotten how to shoot by now.:mellow:

Luckily got 46 acres here so we've been going through a lot of rounds lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I made a ton of money selling my ammo during COVID back in April, about $2K profit. The ammo I sold was mostly green tip 5.56 and 9mm HP. I can't use the green tip in a indoor range  and I already have plenty of 9mm HP already so might as well make the money while I could :)

I have enough ammo for a SHTF still 8)

 

Edited by TangledThorns
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I wish we could get silencers here. Also have a LMT 308 I have never fired. Also have one of those sig piston AR’s I didn’t get to shoot much. Gotta get out again one of these days. I was thinking of putting an acog on the LMT.  But also have my eye on a new sig pistol. 

Edited by ErikElvis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2020 at 10:22 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

I just have a reloading setup, since California has ammo background checks that only have a 5in6 chance of working.

 I'd reload .308 but my PTR 91 mangles the brass while kicking it out.  California's efforts at gun control have worked on me; I haven't shot or purchased anything in years because of all of the restrictions...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, myk said:

 I'd reload .308 but my PTR 91 mangles the brass while kicking it out.  California's efforts at gun control have worked on me; I haven't shot or purchased anything in years because of all of the restrictions...

My friend had a PTR-91, yeah it dings the brass quite a bit, plus the residue lines from the rollers.

We’re about to just get ourselves FFL03 licenses so we can ignore a lot of the annoyances. Plus that way I can finally transfer the type38 he picked up just before COVID hit. I’d asked him to keep an eye out, since I’d wanted one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Thinking of getting one of sigs pistols. Hard to decide. Kinda want full size but would also be nice to have something less bulky carrying. I mean for full size 17 rounds is nice. 

I am in no way a Glock fan. But, I carry a G19. Short of going very compact/sub compact it's fantastic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Yeah I carry a glock 26 now. Occasionally a 19. The 19 is prob my least favorite gun in hand. Glocks in general don’t feel great but their trucks. 

I used to carry the 26 (still have it). A good "get the job done" gun. I'm not a huge fan of how the 19 shoots (not that's it's bad). But they do fit my hands pretty good and it's size/capacity is right in my personal sweet spot.

I've got a few M&P 9's. They're slightly better shooters for me. But, I don't want to carry one. When I compete (which is rare) I have a pretty lined out M&P 9 Pro for shooting Production. That sucker is sweet to shoot for a polymer gun. Well, at least for me it is. Everyone is going to have what works best for them specifically. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, sqidd said:

I used to carry the 26 (still have it). A good "get the job done" gun. I'm not a huge fan of how the 19 shoots (not that's it's bad). But they do fit my hands pretty good and it's size/capacity is right in my personal sweet spot.

I've got a few M&P 9's. They're slightly better shooters for me. But, I don't want to carry one. When I compete (which is rare) I have a pretty lined out M&P 9 Pro for shooting Production. That sucker is sweet to shoot for a polymer gun. Well, at least for me it is. Everyone is going to have what works best for them specifically. 

 

My favorite gun to shoot is the .40 G23. Just don’t fee like carrying it. Wouldn’t mind something thinner than the 26 that maybe holds 7-8 rounds. But just ordered 2 extra mags with grip extensions and 2 extra rounds for it.  I also have the 30SF I believe. The “compact” 45. Don’t really like shooting that much.  My beretta 92a1 is a beautiful gun to my eyes but have trouble shooting that one worth a damn. I dunno.  Now my s&w model 29 44 mag is a blast to shoot. Even if you don’t hit anything. 

Edited by ErikElvis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Once again. Fires  in California . Bizarre lightning strikes from the other day caused these. 

So. Getting the bug out gear together and organizing the mobile armory. I live a few miles from the current mandatory evacuation line.  Watching the wind. And it's gonna be 100 degrees today..

oop.  Just got the evac warning.. not mandatory yet..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Once again. Fires  in California . Bizarre lightning strikes from the other day caused these. 

So. Getting the bug out gear together and organizing the mobile armory. I live a few miles from the current mandatory evacuation line.  Watching the wind. And it's gonna be 100 degrees today..

oop.  Just got the evac warning.. not mandatory yet..

I have bug out bags but nothing in them. I should load them with essentials though... That being said I have a several magazines in my safe, Glock sized and AR-15, loaded and ready to go if needed. I think if there was a real SHTF scenario I'd rather stay home than be on THE ROAD encountering strangers that could cause harm to me and my family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...