So, my wife did a little investigation on my gendaito and while searching for the signature on the tang, she found this:

http://www.touken-sato.com/event/katana/2015/01/K-sou_tsutomu-01.html

What she found was a sword which appears to be made by the same smith as mine.

K-sou_tsutomu-01_90.jpg

K-sou_tsutomu-01_10.jpg

K-sou_tsutomu-01_17.jpg

K-sou_tsutomu-01_19.jpg

K-sou_tsutomu-01_22.jpg

K-sou_tsutomu-01_01.jpgK-sou_tsutomu-01_02.jpg

A comparison between the inscriptions:

K-sou_tsutomu-01_23.jpg

Touken Sato's sword

P5024792.JPG

Mine

筑州住宗勉作 -  Chikuzen Sumuneun studies.  My sensei tells me the smith's name is Sou Tsutomu, and his father was Sou Kunimitsu.

K-sou_tsutomu-01_24.jpg

Touken Sato's sword

P5024793.JPG

Mine

The website indicated the following as the inscription on the tang:

昭和四十八年八月吉日 which says Showa 48th, August.

When I first looked at the tang, it appeared to read Showa 28th , August.  I also thought that mine read Showa 29th, August?  Though I understand the Chinese/Japanese numerical system, I am not at all familiar with the Japanese calendar system. 

I spoke to my sensei about the date and he advised me that the character I thought was a "2" ()is actually two characters side by side, indicating a 4 ().  Apparently that's how it was written back then.  So what I thought was this character:

is actually:

二二

On closer inspection, I did see a break in the character, depicting thus indicating 二二 rather than just one .  Written this way, it means 4 () instead of 2. 

So in effect, the website is correct in stating it was the 48th of Showa.  This carries over from the Touken Sato sword over to mine and they are both still one year apart.  The Touken Sato sword is the 48th year of Showa (1973) as stated on their website and mine is still 49th year of Showa (1974). 

My friend and classmate Ron told me he's had the sword for about 30 years, making my sword only about 13 years old at the time he acquired it.  The story he was told is plausible, date wise. 

As the smith did not receive his award until 1990, I see little reason for someone to make a fake with his name on it 30+ years ago, but that's just my opinion.

Other information that appears on the website:

種別

福岡県

時代 昭和~平成

法量 2尺4寸5分

Shubetsu-gatana kuni Fukuoka ken jidai Shōwa ~ Heisei-hō-ryō 2-shaku 4-sun 5-bu

Which suggest it was forged in Fukuoka prefecture during Showa Heisei, sword length, 2.45 shaku

After finding out the smith's name, a Google search produced another reputable sword dealer in Japan who also appeared to have a sword by the same smith:

http://www.giheiya.com/shouhin_list/japanese_sword/katana/02-1207.html

02-1207-10.jpg

02-1207-1.jpg

02-1207-4.jpg

02-1207-5.jpg

02-1207-habaki.jpg

02-1207-saki.jpg

02-1207-saibu1.jpg

02-1207-saibu2.jpg

02-1207-3.jpg

Giheiya+Signature.JPG

Giheiya+Date.JPG

A comparison of the inscriptions of all three swords:

Touken Sato, Giheiya, Mine:

K-sou_tsutomu-01_23.jpgGiheiya+Signature.JPGP5024792.JPG

Touken Sato, Giheiya, mine:

K-sou_tsutomu-01_24.jpgGiheiya+Date.JPGP5024793.JPG

Anyway, this info was a nice find thanks to my wife. At least there's a bit more history about the sword that I can pass on to my son one day when I give it to him. 

My buddy Vincent also found this little nugget of information:

http://www.jp-sword.com/files/seki/Shinsakuto.html

If you scroll down to 1990, that's when Sou Tsutomu received his Mukansa recognition.  From the website:

無鑑査 (Mukansa)

To be selected as a Mukansa currently, a swordsmith must win the Prince Takamatsu Prize (高松宮賞) more than 3 times and the Tokusho (特賞) more than 5 times. Candidates awarded the Tokusho more than 8 times are also considered. These tokusho includes the following 6 prizes: Prince Takamatsu Prize (高松宮賞), Bunkacho Minister Prize (文化庁長官賞), NBTHK President Prize (日本美術刀剣保存協会会長賞), Kunzan Prize (薫山賞), Kanzan Prize (寒山賞), Japanese Swordsmith Association President Prize (全日本刀匠会会賞).

I'm not sure if I will get it certified by NBTHK, but that might be worth looking in to.

Edited by peter

Old group shot; previously mentioned 20" far left. Second from left is a Stag model 3 that didn't stay factory; Yankee Hill, Magpul. Third is a Diamond Back that I won in a raffle, it either wears the Boyds Superstock or Slide-fire stock. Far Right was my first build, .300 blackout; Spikes Tactical receivers, Y.H.M. handguard, Magpul grips, stock, B.U.I.S., Nikon Glass and mount. The M&P 10 in the back has a new LuthAR Stock and 15" M-lok handguard now, still sporting Nikon glass and off-set B.U.I.S. and Fab Defense grip/bi-pod.

http://033.jpg

The current dilemma I find myself in, choices, choices.

http://HPIM0579.jpg

Nice collection of ARs! 

Yeah, I have amassed spare parts box probably with enough bits and pieces to assemble a rifle or two. 

I’m thinking about getting a Mk18 Block II build going, just waiting on a few hard to get bits that aren’t in my spare parts bin.

After a little shopping, a few parts here, a few parts there, some stuff from Fleabay, from the local EEs, and my spare parts box.........

P8141215.JPG

P8311765.JPG

(ignore the Smith flash hider and 2 rib panel, they were for something else)

P9061788.JPG

P9061804.JPG

And I ended with something that I think looks ok?

P9071813.JPG

P9071815.JPG

P9071818.JPG

P9071819.JPG

P9071820.JPG

P9071821.JPG

P9071822.JPG

P9071823.JPG

P9071824.JPG

P9071826.JPG

P9071827.JPG

P9071828.JPG

P9071832.JPG

P9071833.JPG

P9071834.JPG

P9071836.JPG

P9071837.JPG

P9071839.JPG

P9071842.JPG

P9071844.JPG

P9071846.JPG

P9071850.JPG

Lol, before someone gives me grief for the fake suppressor and fake ATPIAL, I can explain. 

Suppressors are prohibited in Canada, hence the fake, and only for pics.  The ATPIAL, well, there aren’t any night events where I live, so it would be silly to spend about $2,000 (that’s about how much they go for here if you can find one) on an ornament I won’t use, not to mention getting NVGs (which cost God knows how much) I also will not likely use.

I picked up the DD URG used off one of the local EEs, got an okay deal on it I think, but how much grief will I get for keeping the DD upper?  Should I swap the parts over to a Colt upper or is this acceptable? 

Also, regarding the light, I checked and I know it’s not clone correct, but I think it was understood that this is “close enough”

Why would you catch grief/flak for keeping the DD upper; the fading paint?  Is there significant play between the receivers; if not what does it really matter as long as it works in its intended roll?  I could see an issue if it was a billet upper on a forged lower, that would have a tendency to stand out.  If this was a "purist" clone, I could see the hang-up.  For me, I simply can't justify the cost difference between a Colt lower and an Anderson lower, both are forged lowers, both are "Mil-spec", both have a horse logo, yet one is almost half the cost of the other.  I will accept the difference in cost for completely assembled firearms, buying into history, prestige, superior QC and manufacturing but even that becomes a stretch after a time.  In this case you're talking DD which in some eyes and minds is superior to Colt anyway.  

What Giessele trigger are you using in that?  My 20" build has an ALG ACT, first aftermarket trigger and was pleasantly surprised with it.

1 hour ago, Wolf-1 said:

Why would you catch grief/flak for keeping the DD upper; the fading paint?  Is there significant play between the receivers; if not what does it really matter as long as it works in its intended roll?  I could see an issue if it was a billet upper on a forged lower, that would have a tendency to stand out.  If this was a "purist" clone, I could see the hang-up.  For me, I simply can't justify the cost difference between a Colt lower and an Anderson lower, both are forged lowers, both are "Mil-spec", both have a horse logo, yet one is almost half the cost of the other.  I will accept the difference in cost for completely assembled firearms, buying into history, prestige, superior QC and manufacturing but even that becomes a stretch after a time.  In this case you're talking DD which in some eyes and minds is superior to Colt anyway.  

What Giessele trigger are you using in that?  My 20" build has an ALG ACT, first aftermarket trigger and was pleasantly surprised with it.

Haha, since I posted at ARF, I received a variety of comments.  Most said it was fine to use the DD from a pure form and function point of view, which I already knew.  Others said it really depends on my personal OCD level. 

Most mentioned that they didn’t like the fake paint wear on the upper receiver and to be honest, I wasn’t really fond if it either.  I don’t mind naturally worn paint, but this jobbie was clear done with a Scotchbrite pad.

I decided I could do one of two things, either buy a Colt upper (there’s a good deal on the local EE right now), swap the parts over and end up with a fresh, black Colt upper, or rattle can the upper I have now, covering up the exposed DD markings with fresh paint and let it wear naturally.  I chose the latter.  Basically, there’s nothing wrong with the DD upper, the parts work great as one unit, and honestly, I’m just too lazy to swap all the parts over so the upper is marked with the added “C” instead of just the keyhole forge mark.

The Geissele is just the SSA, nothing spectacular.  It came with the lower I bought so it was a pretty good deal. 

• 1 month later...

I got a Surefire 4 prong flash hider for my Mk18 Block II build:

PA032141.JPG

Also threw some fresh Krylon onto the upper and lower.  The previous owner of the upper scuffed up the paint to give it that "worn" look, but I'm going to let the paint wear naturally. 

After a few range trips, the paint is already wearing off.

PA152373.JPG

PA152374.JPG

PA152377.JPG

PA152385.JPG

Also, a few days ago, a buddy of mine gave me this A2 HBAR upper.  Most of my ARs are flat tops so this is the only one I have with a carrying handle, a fixed one to boot, and I have to admit, I sort of like that retro look. 

PA142345.JPG

It seems to me a mix up of parts.  The guys at ARF think it might be an Olympic Arms upper, but it has a Smith Enterprises BCG. 

PA142346.JPG

PA142347.JPG

PA142348.JPG

PA142351.JPG

PA142352.JPG

PA142353.JPG

PA142355.JPG

PA142356.JPG

PA142357.JPG

PA142361.JPG

PA142362.JPG

PA142363.JPG

PA142368.JPG

Threw it on my SR15 lower just to see what it would look like mocked up, and I like it:

PA152387.JPG

PA152392.JPG

Next to my other old school build:

PA152395.JPG

And with my other 20s

PA152399.JPG

And speaking of old school, I also found an older AICS folder a while ago and left it in my spare parts, but Remington recently released these barreled actions and since I didn’t have a 6.5cm in my locker, I decided to grab one.

P8110928.JPG

P9231907.JPG

P9231908.JPG

P9231909.JPG

These came with the trigger and what appears to be a 20moa rail.

P9231910.JPG

P9231911.JPG

The factory Remington trigger was set at horrendous 5.5lbs, but that was an easy fix.  A quick scrape to get the glue of the front set screw to ensure I void the warranty, and I had my trigger down to 1.5lbs.  I did the drop test to make sure it was somewhat safe and it was good to go.  Saves me about $200 from not buying a Timney or Triggertech (even though I have them on some of my other rifles).

P9231912.JPG

Threaded barrel from the factory.

P9231914.JPG

P9231919.JPG

P9231917.JPG

P9231922.JPG

A hodgepodge of parts from my spare parts bin

P9231924.JPG

P9231925.JPG

P9231926.JPG

P9231927.JPG

PA082302.JPG

PA082306.JPG

PA082314.JPG

PA082316.JPG

Didn’t even bother with the “break in” procedure.  Just ran a wipe through it and shot it.  And it shot well.  It got rounds on steel with the first shot at 480m, 680m, 860m, and had to work a bit for 1,190m, but I was pretty impressed with the Hornady 147 grain ELD Match in this rifle. 

Edited by peter

Also took a few other toys out to plink with.  It was a nice place to shoot, and if I had the skill, I could reach out to 2,000m easily, but sadly, I'm not very good and need to reall work on my marksmanship.

PA082185.JPG

PA082261.JPG

PA082260.JPG

PA082276.JPG

PA082187.JPG

PA082323.JPG

PA082326.JPG

PA082327.JPG

PA082328.JPG

PA082330.JPG

PA082331.JPG

PA082332.JPG

Aside from my long range heavies, I even brought my ACR out for $hits and giggles.  Not a bad rifle actually as I was able to get first hit on steel at 480m.

PA082312.JPG

IMG-20171008-WA0000.jpg

@peter, The Question that has me is this: You live in Canada right? Where gun control is more stringent than in the United States. Is it just that you have the proper license to own a Short Barreled Rifle, or is that just not a classification that exists in Canada's gun laws? Why does the Nanny State allow that, when the US doesn't? I'm so confused and angry... 

I'm angry because of how ridiculous gun laws are in my country. It's idiotic (Short barreled rifles are NFA controlled because they're easier to conceal, which they aren't really, since they require unseasonable attire, or suspicious bags).

Excellent photos and envy inspiring builds by the way...

13 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

@peter, The Question that has me is this: You live in Canada right? Where gun control is more stringent than in the United States. Is it just that you have the proper license to own a Short Barreled Rifle, or is that just not a classification that exists in Canada's gun laws? Why does the Nanny State allow that, when the US doesn't? I'm so confused and angry... 

I'm angry because of how ridiculous gun laws are in my country. It's idiotic (Short barreled rifles are NFA controlled because they're easier to conceal, which they aren't really, since they require unseasonable attire, or suspicious bags).

Excellent photos and envy inspiring builds by the way...

Lol, yes, I live in Kanadastan and the gun control laws are definitely more strict (at least in my opinion), but I do understand that there are gun laws in the US that are equally stupid, just in a different way. 

I also understand that the level of stupidity varies from state to state (I hear that California and New York have it particularly bad)

Anyway, to answer your question, there are three classes of firearms in Canada.  Restricted (includes all pistols, any AR variant and a bunch of other fun stuff), Non-Restricted (bolt actions, most shotguns over a certain length and some semi auto rifles over a certain length), and Prohbited (you have to be grandfathered to get this one, includes the fun autos, but they can’t leave the house so ie useless).

Since ARs are classified as restricted, barrel length is a free-for-all. 

Here’s where it gets $hittier.  Semi Auto rifles are restricted to 5 round magazines, pistols are restriced to 10 rounds.  Yes, there is a work around to use 10 round “pistol” mags in our rifles, if they fit, but no mods allowed.  One benefit from having the $hitty magazine capacity limit, we get good at reloads, lol!

Suppressors are outright prohib, and no tax stamp will allow us to own these.  Conceal carry?  Lol, good luck getting that license.  Apparently it exists, but you literally have to demonstrate that Grim Reaper is knocking at your door before you can get one.

Sometimes we have it better, sometimes you guys have it better, but mostly you guys have it better, lol!

3 hours ago, peter said:

Lol, yes, I live in Kanadastan and the gun control laws are definitely more strict (at least in my opinion), but I do understand that there are gun laws in the US that are equally stupid, just in a different way. 

I also understand that the level of stupidity varies from state to state (I hear that California and New York have it particularly bad)

Yeah, the Pacific Coast states are just all bad. New York is bad, but that's mostly because New York City is stupid and basically dictates what the rest of the state does.

3 hours ago, peter said:

Anyway, to answer your question, there are three classes of firearms in Canada.  Restricted (includes all pistols, any AR variant and a bunch of other fun stuff), Non-Restricted (bolt actions, most shotguns over a certain length and some semi auto rifles over a certain length), and Prohbited (you have to be grandfathered to get this one, includes the fun autos, but they can’t leave the house so ie useless).

Since ARs are classified as restricted, barrel length is a free-for-all. 

Well, that certainly clears it up. I feel bad for y'all. I mean we have workarounds, like if you take an AR lower and have it classified as a firearm (as opposed to a pistol or a rifle) you can essentially build it however you want (provided the finished configuration does not overlap with an NFA category), then build it as a pistol or a rifle, and convert back and convert back and forth if you wished (but then you have to contend with a prosecutor, and the law is basically however he interprets it in his arguments, and perception being reality). 

I really want an SBR, but I might just do an 11.5" Mk18Mod1 CQBR build with a pistol setup lower (running a PDW Brace from Maxim Defense, which is just as good as being a stock). Just need to get the money together first. 

Something like this:

Image result for Mk18 Mod1 pdw

3 hours ago, peter said:

Here’s where it gets $hittier.  Semi Auto rifles are restricted to 5 round magazines, pistols are restriced to 10 rounds.  Yes, there is a work around to use 10 round “pistol” mags in our rifles, if they fit, but no mods allowed.  One benefit from having the $hitty magazine capacity limit, we get good at reloads, lol!

That is pretty crappy. But then I can't remember the last time I actually put more than 5 rounds in an AR mag...

3 hours ago, peter said:

Suppressors are outright prohib, and no tax stamp will allow us to own these.  Conceal carry?  Lol, good luck getting that license.  Apparently it exists, but you literally have to demonstrate that Grim Reaper is knocking at your door before you can get one.

Sometimes we have it better, sometimes you guys have it better, but mostly you guys have it better, lol!

It's that way or worse almost everywhere else in the civilized world too regarding carry. The only country I know of that is less strict on suppressors is Finland, but that may have changed. 

I agree that the US is pretty lenient on gun laws, and generally it's better here. I just wish that our laws weren't so arbitrary and stupid. 

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

I just got my NFA stamp for SBR'ing my KRISS Vector 9mm a couple weeks ago. Waiting on my stock to arrive in the mail so expect some cool photos to follow!

Boo, 9mm...

Nah, I'm kidding, that sound really cool. Pics when you get it done?

4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm former military so I'm very used to the 9mm. I keep my house limited to mainly two different calibers, 9mm and 5.56. There is some .380 for the wife's pistols :)

I mean that's fair, I am too. 9mm is a fine round, as long as you have the proper ammo. Not that ball crap they gave us. I grew up shooting, and my dad was old school military, so the .45ACP M1911 was one of the first autos I ever learned to shoot. I keep a .40S&W as my primary blaster. It's all I've got really, aside from a couple .22LR's and my hunting guns. 

3 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

I mean that's fair, I am too. 9mm is a fine round, as long as you have the proper ammo. Not that ball crap they gave us. I grew up shooting, and my dad was old school military, so the .45ACP M1911 was one of the first autos I ever learned to shoot. I keep a .40S&W as my primary blaster. It's all I've got really, aside from a couple .22LR's and my hunting guns. 

Two ex-mil guys, cool.  Me too, well, I'm still in as a reservist.  Never been deployed though.

Our issue pistol blows goats - Browning Hi Power.  The issue rifle - C7A2 is actually a really good rifle.

Beautiful pictures as always peter!!

Wishing I had that much land.  That's my retirement plan.  Buy some land, dig a moat, become a hermit...

Anyone get a tax stamp post 41F?  I got my last two in pre 41F and not liking sitting at 14.  Need to get to 15 (or 20) tax stamps so the number is a multiple of 5. (Yeah, I'm strange).

I've never been a 9mm guy, mainly a .45 guy but I only have two .45s, my carry caliber is 357SIG (also my issued duty round), but I own a lot of 9mm guns.

Edited by Chowser

9 hours ago, peter said:

Two ex-mil guys, cool.  Me too, well, I'm still in as a reservist.  Never been deployed though.

I never deployed either. The Universe conspired to keep me stateside. 

9 hours ago, peter said:

Our issue pistol blows goats - Browning Hi Power.  The issue rifle - C7A2 is actually a really good rifle.

I'll take a Browning Hi-Power over an M9 Beretta any day. The M9 is a terrible service sidearm. It's heavy (for a 9mm), it's far too open a design (that exposed barrel and cutout slide), that exposed trigger bar, the fact that removing the right grip panel can render the weapon inoperable, due to a tiny spring being retained by the panel. It's huge (again for a 9mm) and the double action trigger pull is so long and stiff I needed to work it with two fingers, or I wouldn't hit my first shot. I'll take a Glock 17 or 19 please. I hate the M9 with a passion. 

The AR-15 is a good rifle and I like it. But for a military arm it has some startling shortcomings. The DI system is a weakness, especially when water is involved. If you don't drain the gas tube, the hydraulic pressure will rupture the weapon in a catastrophic failure. Granted, that's only really a big deal for the super secret squirrel types the do over the beach stuff, but I think it's pretty telling, considering any blockage could cause similar catastrophic failures. It also increases the weapon's maintenance, since it's blowing gunk back intoo the receiver. Other than all that, the ergonomics of the rifle are great, and DI is fine for a civilian like I am now...

4 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

I never deployed either. The Universe conspired to keep me stateside. 

I'll take a Browning Hi-Power over an M9 Beretta any day. The M9 is a terrible service sidearm. It's heavy (for a 9mm), it's far too open a design (that exposed barrel and cutout slide), that exposed trigger bar, the fact that removing the right grip panel can render the weapon inoperable, due to a tiny spring being retained by the panel. It's huge (again for a 9mm) and the double action trigger pull is so long and stiff I needed to work it with two fingers, or I wouldn't hit my first shot. I'll take a Glock 17 or 19 please. I hate the M9 with a passion. 

The AR-15 is a good rifle and I like it. But for a military arm it has some startling shortcomings. The DI system is a weakness, especially when water is involved. If you don't drain the gas tube, the hydraulic pressure will rupture the weapon in a catastrophic failure. Granted, that's only really a big deal for the super secret squirrel types the do over the beach stuff, but I think it's pretty telling, considering any blockage could cause similar catastrophic failures. It also increases the weapon's maintenance, since it's blowing gunk back intoo the receiver. Other than all that, the ergonomics of the rifle are great, and DI is fine for a civilian like I am now...

Interesting.....I was always jealous of the US having the Beretta, but I've never shot mine outside of a controlled environment so I have no idea how well it would do in the real world.  

As for our Hi Powers, maybe the ones I've shot were....well shot out because I couldn't get that thing to group for $hit.

Will have to give a brand new one a try sometime and re evaluate.

I do like the Sig 226, but they don't give them to POGs like me.  I like my own Sig, shot it at a few comps and it never failed on me, despite getting all kinds of dust and crud in it.  

Been in 7 years now and haven't been near water with my C7, let alone under water, but as I said, I'm a POG so rain is about the most moisture my rifle has seen, lol!

My pistols:

P4044695.JPG

6 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Your safe... must be HUGE!

Lol, I have two fairly good size cabinets, a standard size school locker, plus a few bins of spare parts, but I stopped counting a while ago.  

Just hope my wife never finds out the value until after I die.

I have the Liberty Tactical 24 safe. It has great capacity, looks cool, and its made in the USA. My wife wanted the safe if I was going to add more guns to the collection which I did :)

Since my KRISS Vector SBR will be complete soon I do want to add a bull pup rifle to the collection. I'd like to get the Desert Tech MDR or the IWI X95 but thankfully I have time to think about it, lol.

http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-tactical-24-safes-ps-27.html

Spoiler

MAGA!

4 hours ago, peter said:

Lol, I have two fairly good size cabinets, a standard size school locker, plus a few bins of spare parts, but I stopped counting a while ago.  

Just hope my wife never finds out the value until after I die.

Image result for my only fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my guns

Since we can't have the real deal, I bought one of those Surefire Training Suppressors.  It supposedly acts like the Noveske Flaming Pig or Surefire Warden:

PA212419.JPG

PA212423.JPG

PA212428.JPG

PA212433.JPG

PA212449.JPG

PA212452.JPG

PA212430.JPG

Sort of completes that Block II look.

PA212464.JPG

PA212467.JPG

PA212469.JPG

PA212476.JPG

Also picked up a dedicated lower for my new 20" HBAR upper:

PA212482.JPG

It's a stripped Colt Canada lower and I had it engraved to resemble my work rifle:

PA203472.JPG

But it's a little off.  Oh well, the lower was cheap and didn't cost much so I'm fine with it.

PA212486.JPG

Anyway, no fancy parts for this build, I just wanted to get a plain fixed carry handle A2 up and running as quick as possible, so I dug through my spare parts bin to find some Colt Canada/Diemaco stuff along with a DPMS LPK (which is of surprisingly decent quality) and slapped it all together.

PA212489.JPG

PA212488.JPG

PA222529.JPG

PA222530.JPG

PA222537.JPG

When I first joined, our issue rifles were all black, but they'd already gone away from the fixed carry handle and went flat top with the Elcan:

DSCN2059.JPG

Our issued rifles also didn't have the ambi mag release, selector TRIAD rail and claw charging handle.

Anyway, not out to make a particular clone of any rifle with this one, just wanted to have a complete rifle and it's kind of nice to have something with a fixed carry handle to go with my other rifles which are all flat tops.

PA222539.JPG

PA212528.JPG

On 10/18/2017 at 12:34 AM, peter said:

I wouldn't expect anything else from handguns that are probably older than the fathers of the service members they're issued to. Our military really should get around to replacing it sometime in the next century.

46 minutes ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

I wouldn't expect anything else from handguns that are probably older than the fathers of the service members they're issued to. Our military really should get around to replacing it sometime in the next century.

There's already a Replacement for the M9 in the works. It's the XM17, basically a Sig P320. Considering that the P320 can be configured for multiple calibers, and the fact that it's lighter and more appropriately sized for a service sidearm, I think it will be better than the old M9. It's also a SIG design, so that's a plus.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver
Clarity