What happens when you, say, make something as integral to national feeling as the Lincoln Memorial into your main warship, instead of making a simple warship your main warship.

What happens when you, say, make something as integral to national feeling as the Lincoln Memorial into your main warship, instead of making a simple warship your main warship.

What happens? You let one of your most powerful war assets go to waste sitting in harbor, finally commit it battle far too late to be effective where it runs from battle, and then sending good men to die on a glorified suicide run with no tactical value to save face.

Haha, no rifle guys here huh? C'mon! I know a 1km shot isn't a big deal compared to a lot of the pros, but I'm just starting. *sigh* I guess life begins after a mile (1.6km).

The thread seemed kinda quiet so I started a fantasy topic, and it didn't seem like anyone was playing, so I went back to small arms that most folks here could actually own, and now, nobody wants to talk about that.....

427770cfaabdf7896932e94c80661bb0.jpg

Edited by peter

Haha, no rifle guys here huh? C'mon! I know a 1km shot isn't a big deal compared to a lot of the pros, but I'm just starting. *sigh* I guess life begins after a mile (1.6km).

The thread seemed kinda quiet so I started a fantasy topic, and it didn't seem like anyone was playing, so I went back to small arms that most folks here could actually own, and now, nobody wants to talk about that.....

Yeah, I saw your post and it was very cool! I just have my LWRC AR-15 :) Check out ar15.com for some real gun forum fun ;)

Yeah, I saw your post and it was very cool! I just have my LWRC AR-15 :) Check out ar15.com for some real gun forum fun ;)

Nice! Yep, I'm on ar15.com, go by mister donut. Got two ARs myself, lovely rifle. broke my 500m cherry with the work on (20" barrel). did you post pics of yours? I'll have to flip to older posts to see :)

In all my excitement of hitting the 1k mark, I totally forgot I bought a new boomstick last week :)

Dominion Arms (AKA Norinco) Outlaw. a 12in side-by-side in 12g, best loaded with 3in magnum slugs firing both barrels at once, lol!

DSC_1917.JPG

DSC_1918.JPG

DSC_1919.JPG

DSC_1929.JPG

DSC_1931.JPG

Next to my other shotguns:

DSC_1935.JPG

The only other wood in my collection:

DSC_1940.JPG

DSC_1941.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

wow. That's a nice lower! Wish I could spare the coin. It would be a nice conversation starter!

I haven't done much since the VP9. I did finalize my suppressed 22LR AR build and built another 300blk upper so the suppressors fit partly under the handguards.

--

now that i am at a PC, I can add this pics.

22sbr.jpg

300ha_zpsqwpiswat.jpg

Edited by Chowser

wow. That's a nice lower! Wish I could spare the coin. It would be a nice conversation starter!

I haven't done much since the VP9. I did finalize my suppressed 22LR AR build and built another 300blk upper so the suppressors fit partly under the handguards.

--

now that i am at a PC, I can add this pics.

Pretty sweet lower right? I want to get one, then build a Roy Fokker Speciial - cerakote the thing in White, Black and Yellow, then rock this Morale Patch at the range, lol!

Hello_Kitty_VF_1_Valkyrie_Kitty_Kitty_Mi

BTW, sweet builds there. I used to run the CMMG .22lr conversion kit in my ARs but it just gunked up the gas system. Was thinking about building a dedicated .22lr upper just to plink with.

And again, suppressed……..sigh….unobtanium North of the border so very jealous :)

So there is a deluge of info available on AR trigger replacements, but I am at a loss for what to get that works best for my style of shooting. Can anyone offer some advice? I want to replace the stock trigger before it ingrains some bad habits, I can already tell it's causing me to pull the point of aim a little sideways at the last second.

My rig is a stock piston-driven 5.56 with a 3-9x scope that I use for ~50-400yd target shooting and 3-gun competition, so I need something middle of the road as far as performance. Not a hair trigger, but not a long measured squeeze either (like what I'm reading for 2-stage assemblies). Everything out there seems to advertise it's the best, and most of the AR15.com forum types just hype their own choice without giving specifics on performance.

Have any of you got experience with a few trigger types that you'd care to share?

I have a Geissele SSA 2 stage trigger and it is one of the smoothest triggers I have ever used. Nice smooth take up then a clean break.

I recently bought a Larue MBT2S which is their two stage trigger. I have not live fired with it yet but dry firing it seems nice. I have been spoiled by the Geissele and the Larue trigger is thicker so I can't really recommend that yet.

I hear a lot of good things about the Geissele triggers, a lot of guys who compete swear by them. I'm not much help as I've only been on one competition and it was with the issue rifle....didn't do very well, lol!

I picked up a new toy a few days ago, well, a new used toy. Sig Sauer P226 tacops. Low round count, came with 8 mags, sticker price of $1,000 but got it for $900:

P6190066.JPG

P6190067.JPG

P6190106.JPG

I'm a 1911 guy at heart, but the trigger on this Sig isn't too bad, short take up, really short reset. A lot better than the Beretta I owned. I could get used to it :)

Edited by peter

• 3 weeks later...

Man, it's been awhile since I've visited this thread. I've been on hiatus here, with a new move into a house and all. Right now, I'm looking into a good gun safe for the rifles. Since the new house is a tri-level, I'm trying to think of where some good tactical places to put home defense would be. Of course, I need a couple in the room, but I need one in the main level, and one in the bottom level. I may have to put the safe in a closet in another upper room, or lowest level. Not too sure about the garage though. I may like to look at furniture that conceals stuff as well, since we will need furniture and all at some point soon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-33381772

Wow. The amount of money a near functioning panther is worth is ridiculous. Not to mention a whole 88. It's my dream to own a tiger or Panther.

I immediately thought of Kelley's Heroes when I read this story.

https://youtu.be/-IatwoA00E0?t=8m28s

Edited by TangledThorns

The gun laws in Australia are so tight we can't have anything particularly interesting compared to what you guys in the states can get hold of..

The most I ever had was a Colt 1911 which after the Port Arthur massacre the gun laws changed and I was told that it was illegal to have to I had to hand it in during the gun buy back scheme.. Since then I let my firearms licence lapse.. I regret handing that gun in. I did get more back for it than I initially paid for but it would be worth so much more now both in a dollar and sentimental value. Oh well..

P.S.. nice collection Peter! B))

• 2 weeks later...

Clones we ran into

17080333833_23b0395ac4_o.jpgfrom c to c-72 by Jorge Calzadilla, on Flickr

17700924381_968e7f8925_o.jpgfrom c to c-63 by Jorge Calzadilla, on Flickr

17512851448_efac236fdf_o.jpgfrom c to c-62 by Jorge Calzadilla, on Flickr

17629899585_1b8b6c9505_o.jpgfrom c to c-14 by Jorge Calzadilla, on Flickr

Ohhhhh nice Interarms AS-50 state of the art bang bang.. When the Barret is just not bad enough. And before you fan boys start, 5/10 round semi automatic AP/Incendiary rounds and an effective range of 1800m + and ultra light. Hard to beat.

Hi by the way.

Ohhhhh nice Interarms AS-50 state of the art bang bang.. When the Barret is just not bad enough. And before you fan boys start, 5/10 round semi automatic AP/Incendiary rounds and an effective range of 1800m + and ultra light. Hard to beat.

Hi by the way.

Welcome to the boards. Surprised that this thread is the first post for you, but welcome nonetheless. Hope you have fun here.

Need some advice from the seasoned long range experts...

I got to shoot this last weekend, and have been working on my longer-range accuracy. I re-zeroed at 100yds and got my groups centered about the bullseye to start with.

Shooting M193 ball ammo (5.56, 55gr), the drop at 300yds from a 100yd zero is between 10-11 inches based on a quick internet search. My scope (Nikon P-223 3-9x) lists 1/4moa adjustments, so I upped it 14 clicks (3.5" x 3 = 10.5") and quickly confirmed that the grouping moved up before switching targets.

At 300yds, the results were as expected - dead on accurate. I was ringing steel repeatedly with dozens of rounds, hitting exactly where aimed.

Here's where things get weird. Afterward, I pulled my 100yd target, and measured the last "confirmation" group at 6" above center, not the 3.5" I dialed to.

I can't tell if that indicates a near zero/far zero phenomenon, a bad/cheap scope, or what. Is there something else that can explain this?

Im sorting out my firearms licence now and within a few months or so (usual wait for licence and permit process) I have my heart set on a Sako 308 and getting back down to my mates property down south for some pig shooting! Its been too long since I have done any hunting and really looking forward to it!

427770cfaabdf7896932e94c80661bb0.jpg

I'm interested in long range precision rifle shooting. It's a skill I do not have, I can (maybe) hit a man sized target at 300 meters (provided I can see it), but that's as far as I've ever shot. A 1km shot is amazing to me, great work!

I have a precision rifle dream project that I want to do, a remington 700 action in .300 win mag, with a match bull barrel (probably a Douglas) and a glass bedded stock (probably a McMillan) with a detachable magazine, basically a cross between the M40A5 and the M24, with a Leupold or Zeiss optic. First thing is first though, I need to learn how to shoot at those ranges, and I think my Ruger 77 hunting rifle would probably be the best way to learn.

Before all that though, I want this sweet little PWS MK110 pistol in .300blk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need some advice from the seasoned long range experts...

I got to shoot this last weekend, and have been working on my longer-range accuracy. I re-zeroed at 100yds and got my groups centered about the bullseye to start with.

Shooting M193 ball ammo (5.56, 55gr), the drop at 300yds from a 100yd zero is between 10-11 inches based on a quick internet search. My scope (Nikon P-223 3-9x) lists 1/4moa adjustments, so I upped it 14 clicks (3.5" x 3 = 10.5") and quickly confirmed that the grouping moved up before switching targets.

At 300yds, the results were as expected - dead on accurate. I was ringing steel repeatedly with dozens of rounds, hitting exactly where aimed.

Here's where things get weird. Afterward, I pulled my 100yd target, and measured the last "confirmation" group at 6" above center, not the 3.5" I dialed to.

I can't tell if that indicates a near zero/far zero phenomenon, a bad/cheap scope, or what. Is there something else that can explain this?

.....how the hell.....I don't even know where to begin, lol!

I rely heavily on Strelok+. I put in the numbers, it tells me where to hold, and the round goes where it's supposed to.

And that, is an insane collection.....not going to lie, I got a little wood from it.