Display Your Collections...

awesome! i love the flying 1/55 battroid

Yeah that's one of my fav poses....I first figured that one out when I picked up my 1/55 CF. THANKS Jeremy :ph34r:

Jeremy007: Great stuff there! I especially love your prime collection! :)

misterryno: They definitely look even better with the flexi stand! ;)

I'd like to share my collections too..

Been hooked up to collecting just recently (November of 2006) as my drastic idea of keeping myself "BROKE".. avoid going out and mess up while my girlfriend is staying abroad.. funny, but contrary to most of you here who have this ordeal of having to justify every purchase of such neat toys, my girlfriend and mom kept on encouraging me to buy more stuff.. I am not rich though.. i'm from the Phils ( a third world country if others aren't aware of that ) But i made it a point to buy at least one toy every time i get my salary..

anyway.. so much for talk.. here's "some" of my collectibles:

My newly custom cabinet (at our living room)

2059179733_c9fb5aa001.jpg

Topmost: Takara Transformers Masterpiece Collection and 1/60 Gundams

2059964494_871a78d319_m.jpg2059964656_c395ff70bf_m.jpg

Second: Transformers Starwars Vehicles (lacking Gen. Grev's and the 3 new releases)

2059964832_95aa808a51_m.jpg2059965010_e24c53d915_m.jpg2059180629_bf6325ebac_m.jpg

Third: G.I. Joe Sigma Six Vehicles

2059965392_080afff69e_m.jpg2059965736_0c76b0d4cd_m.jpg2059180977_52cfe1e2bf_m.jpg

Edited by MaveRick

Fourth from top: Street Figther First players, Koto Ryu and Two of my anime girls

2059181323_210b2aa9a4_m.jpg2059966084_f53829b9a4_m.jpg2059181839_7dc262e038_m.jpg

Now here's another cabinet in my room (these are recent pics though.. i am currently repainting it and put up some lighting)

Will try to post better pics.. but here's what's inside:

Topmost: 1st Column: Super robots 2nd: All Zoid Liger type 3rd: another Transformers MP-03 and MP-04

Second row: 1st: Yamato Trigun Figure Collection and Suikoden 2nd: another 1/60 Gundams

Third row: 1st: My ANIME FEMME stats/figure collection 2nd: Samurai X and Bleach Figures

Fourth row: 1st: SOC Robots 2nd: 1/100 Gundams

Last: World War/Old School Model Planes and as well as new ones

cab2cm4.jpg

cab1tp8.jpg

some MOC/MISB Stockpiles:

waitinglistsw8.jpg

now here's what i did to my sister's room.. :lol:

left side.. some i already displayed

kalat1hp6.jpg

kalat2gb7.jpg

Right side - my pile of boxes for yamato valkyries

kalat5bx0.jpg

other macross valkyries in the boxes

kalat3qm7.jpg

it's a dream come true to finally be able to collect these valkyries.. as much as i love them, but i'm holding myself from taking them out of their boxes, i seriously deserve they deserve a special display area, and that's what i'm working on right now.. Hopefully when all things are set, i will post an update of my collection with them displayed..

Edited by MaveRick

MaveRick,

Too say the least.....I AM IMPRESSED!!! To say the most....HOLY SH**!!!! What a great collection. I love your custom display case. I wish my lady and mom would tell me to buy more ^_^ that would be great. Consider yourself lucky my friend.

thanks mate.. they weren't actually cool about this hobby at first.. but when i laid them down some inclinations if i don't plunge into this (especially my girlfriend) they just outrightly had a change of opinion.. though I made it a point that this is merely just a diversion, it's hard when you don't have your loveones around..

at least it keeps me away from going out that much (go clubbing, plunging into rather distractive activities) that's what i always tell to my girlfriend.. call it blackmailing, but it seems to work out pretty well for me.. :D:p

thanks mate.. they weren't actually cool about this hobby at first.. but when i laid them down some inclinations if i don't plunge into this (especially my girlfriend) they just outrightly had a change of opinion.. though I made it a point that this is merely just a diversion, it's hard when you don't have your loveones around..

at least it keeps me away from going out that much (go clubbing, plunging into rather distractive activities) that's what i always tell to my girlfriend.. call it blackmailing, but it seems to work out pretty well for me.. :D:p

Yeah...this hobby definetly keeps me a home and out of trouble.....well......it keeps me home ;) . My wife knows I love her and my Macross keeps me sane :D BTW-----She loves your avatar.

Oh yeah.......forgot.........where did you get that stand you have the 1/55 on the second shelf from the bottom in your custom display case?

misterryno: those are actually Gundam action base stand my friend... i can't get those cool flexi stands you have (we don't have it here, Toywave doesn't have it either.. i exclusively get my macross from him) while the standard macross stand, i just find a big off to my budget (i'd rather get another valkyrie than spend that much on a stand) so i thought of other replacements..

i remember somebody using the same stand as mine.. here's the very pic that gave me the idea of using them:

1239964090_899d30d678.jpg

oh.. please tell your better half "thanks" :D

Edited by MaveRick

misterryno: those are actually Gundam action base stand my friend... i can't get those cool flexi stands you have (we don't have it here, Toywave doesn't have it either.. i exclusively get my macross from him) while the standard macross stand, i just find a big off to my budget (i'd rather get another valkyrie than spend that much on a stand) so i thought of other replacements..

oh.. please tell your better half "thanks" :D

I'll have to find myself one or 2 of those stands. My "better half" is on her way home from work. So I will definetly tell her thanks for you ^_^

Thanks MaveRick...I have heard of these guys before and that they are pretty good to deal with. I will look into this. THANKS AGAIN.

:ph34r:

I've got a ton of stuff coming in the mail, and i have been too flat out to take pics of stuff lately, but Christmas will be awesome for that. Specially for Nora arriving soon. Even got the SOTA Ken coming as well which i'm really looking forward to posing! :D I bought the 1st Ed, and the higher poseable 2nd ed Ken just coz i wanted the better body for the 1st Long haired Ken. I was told it was the same size... but fingers crossed. :p The face sculpt for 2nd ed. Ken doesn't look anything like him. : / Should be able to swap and change the 3 heads from both editions with ease.

Atleast i got my lights in my cabinet now! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just when i thought that i was slowly converting one of my mates to the macross toy collector addiction, even opened him an ebay account... i think something got lost in the translation.. he's been looking at tractors. and tractor parts.

post-5945-1196722824_thumb.jpg

now i'm scared....

Jimminy Christmas.....is this guy from IOWA.. :lol: ......oh wait.....I'm originally from Iowa.....I hope this does'nt change your guys opinion of me.

bigkid24: depends on whether you would do a 'lil tweaking on the stand to make it hold a valkyries from just about any position..

but the stand (without modification) could already carry any valk..

here's a closer pic of underneath.. it may look kinda riksy.. but so far it's been pretty much stable at carrying my 1/48 VF-1S Roy at a somewhat launching position (roughly 110 degrees). You'll just need to secure and make sure the screws are really tightened..

1293336164_e9836a8aa8_m.jpg

now here's how the connection looks like in another position..

1293336162_08bb65e2ab_m.jpg

1293336156_a6cf68ef32_m.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics.. <_<

vermillion01: quite ironic indeed! but perhaps your mate needs further convincing.. nonetheless, those are really neat collectibles! :lol:

indeed.. but surprisingly it kinda locks into that tiny gap between the shoulders and elbow.. so far i none of my valks displayed with that stand fell off as of this posting.. i'm starting to even like it better than the standard display stands.. :lol:

Updated my collection...what you see is what I have now. I plan on just adding to my 1/55's and some mini valks. I added the 6 new Super Deformed Super VF's (Max, Miriya, Skull Leader...since they are robotech I will give those names) and another 1/55 Max :D<------I am VERY happy with my last one. Anyways......enjoy the pics please. :ph34r:

Collection1.jpg

Collection2.jpg

I love your new avatar! That Milia Rocks! Which one is that? Can you post some more photos of it? Where did you get it? Where can I get one? How much did it cost? Am I annoying yet?

LOL........... :D

I love your new avatar! That Milia Rocks! Which one is that? Can you post some more photos of it? Where did you get it? Where can I get one? How much did it cost? Am I annoying yet?

I knew if anyone would appreciate my avatar, it would be you. :D

And, yes, you are annoying.....LMAO I AM SOOOOOOOO KIDDING!!! But I will be taking some more pics of her later. Did you see that I panel lined her to look so cool. Look in the SD Super Veritech topic too. ^_^