Display Your Collections...

so are they worth getting? I'm not actually keen on them myself, but more as an investment syle purchase. I have no idea of their "collectable" worth so i've never bothered to look twice until now. I have checked to make sure that they are not copies but original HG products too.

I certainly like the one I have; but I pretty much snatch up everything I can get anyway.

Sqidd, you gotta do something with the poor Roy VF-0S (non ghost) on the bottom shelf! He needs a kick butt pose!

Yeah, except for the fact that I got one of the loose ones. I tried to do some sort of pose this morning and I can't even get the arms to do anything short of hang, lol. Nothing a tube of Super Glue can't fix! He's a brick now :D

Here's a few teasers... hope to get a Digital SLR, take some real photos and maybe put it up on a little web site so people can view it if they want.

Ummmm...... :blink: ........Wow...... :ph34r:

Oh Man DUnit, you have a BIGGGGGER selection than any toy store out there!!

Sgidd: Those Valks are AMAZING!!!!! Really like how the lights look on them too. How much time did you spend on the Star Wars Lego? WOW!!!

Edited by Fai

D-unit; did you just collect toys your whole life and keep them in great condition - or when ebay came out did you immediately begin amassing all the good stuff? Or did you win the lottery and buy everything you wanted - ever? ^_^

Again, thanks. I started collecting toys way back when I was a kid. My first toy was a Diaclone Sideswipe. Didn't have allowance so I collected bottles and did chores for the store owner... it took a while. When I was old enough, spent most of my McD's paychecks on G1's (I absolutely loved Macross/Robotech but they were way out of my price range back then). Stopped for a while and almost lost/gave away everything.

Bought Black Arachnia as a joke during the mid-90's... collected a few BW's for fun... not too serious.

It was actually Yamato's 3 Macross+ toys that got me back to full throttle. I bought all 3 of them from a store I just discovered (I remembered thinking that I spend more on 3 toys that day then I did in the past 3 years). I was so amazed/mesmerized at/by the figures. One you blow a big chunk of cash for the first time... there seems to be no stopping afterwards.

I try to save on hair cuts, eating out, clothes (other little stuff), for the toys I want. Funny, the toys don't do as much for me now (very recently) as it did when I was a kid, but I get a lot of happiness when my friends'/relatives' kids come over to check the toys out (sometimes I get multiples at toys sales so the kids get to leave with a toy when they visit). I guess we all have to grow up sometimes and I'm feeling the pressure to change my priorities now. I hope I'll still be able to continue collecting these great pieces of craftsmanship in the future.

Sorry for such a long post.

Again, thanks. I started collecting toys way back when I was a kid. My first toy was a Diaclone Sideswipe. Didn't have allowance so I collected bottles and did chores for the store owner... it took a while. When I was old enough, spent most of my McD's paychecks on G1's (I absolutely loved Macross/Robotech but they were way out of my price range back then). Stopped for a while and almost lost/gave away everything.

Bought Black Arachnia as a joke during the mid-90's... collected a few BW's for fun... not too serious.

It was actually Yamato's 3 Macross+ toys that got me back to full throttle. I bought all 3 of them from a store I just discovered (I remembered thinking that I spend more on 3 toys that day then I did in the past 3 years). I was so amazed/mesmerized at/by the figures. One you blow a big chunk of cash for the first time... there seems to be no stopping afterwards.

I try to save on hair cuts, eating out, clothes (other little stuff), for the toys I want. Funny, the toys don't do as much for me now (very recently) as it did when I was a kid, but I get a lot of happiness when my friends'/relatives' kids come over to check the toys out (sometimes I get multiples at toys sales so the kids get to leave with a toy when they visit). I guess we all have to grow up sometimes and I'm feeling the pressure to change my priorities now. I hope I'll still be able to continue collecting these great pieces of craftsmanship in the future.

Don't be sorry for a long post. It's a really nice read. Thanks for the sharing. I understand what you mean about priorities. Unfortunatlly for me, my priorities are needing me to weed out my collection. But hey, we gotta do what we gotta do. Keep up the hobby, it looks great :ph34r:

Thanks for answering my question, D! Cool story! My toy collection is about a good 1/200th of yours, and I started collecting about 2 years ago. (Just Macross and Berserk) I wish I'd kept all my old stuff from when I was a kid. Man.

Man that is a really cool story. Your collection is legendary. hehe

Welcome to the forums btw. :)

jeremy007 & ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks ALOT guys....I really like the CF as a super too...I do like how you have your Hikaru without the packs and just the leg and arm armor. So I have taken mine off as well and plan to do some posing this evening.

jeremy007 & ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks ALOT guys....I really like the CF as a super too...I do like how you have your Hikaru without the packs and just the leg and arm armor. So I have taken mine off as well and plan to do some posing this evening.

Sweet man, yeah i am glad your digging the half FP look for the VF-1.

Eventually i will get bored and want to Super or Strike one of them up again (probably Hikky 1S again) but overall this IS

my most fav VF-1 battle mode. That and Half Gerwalk mode. (arms are not deployed)

heh heh, there's that chunky monkey looking all sweet side on again, i maybe still grab one. A CF would be nice.

I am going to do a heap of pics tonight, i have been promising alot of pics and now that i have my new camera i can. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie