Display Your Collections...

But now - I must nitpick! (forgiveness please!)

Namely - you lazy lazy MWforum member you! :) Seal up those holes on the 1/48 1S's nose yes?:) I know those bits are hard to revert to their original placement - but it can be done - I use ear wax sticks to do it - you just have to get under them and apply upward pressure - and the ear-wax sticks with their cotton endings are perfectly delicate and therefore suitable for this business :)

I just always get annoyed when I see pictures of Valks with those nose-ring-holes because it dimminishes the effort Yamato put into them - any other company would have just left those holes there - but Yamato allows them to close up for fighter mode :)

VFTF1

Yikes! Call me a noob :D I totally forgotten abt those holes....! Thx for bringing it up :)

Anyway as for the "TF goodness" I have roughly 200 TFs stashed in boxes and crates. Some are displyed in another room. B))

well, at least my mother, her boyfriend/soon to be hubby, and my sister certainly don't mind all my little toy robots. hell, my mother's the one who got me into 'em in the first place getting voltron and transformers stuff for me as a kid 'cause she thought it was neat and that it would encourage intelligence in me...

Edited by Shaorin

well, at least my mother, her boyfriend/son to be hubby, and my sister certainly don't mind all my little toy robots. hell, my mother's the one who got me into 'em in the first place getting voltron and transformers stuff for me as a kid 'cause she thought it was neat and that it would encourage intelligence in me...

:huh:

:ph34r:

I just always get annoyed when I see pictures of Valks with those nose-ring-holes because it dimminishes the effort Yamato put into them - any other company would have just left those holes there - but Yamato allows them to close up for fighter mode :)

VFTF1

haha, I was just thinking that. But what really gets me is why nobody likes to put stickers on! the valks look boring without the stickers on! Not that all of mine are stickered up, well they're not even displayed! But if I were to display it, I'd at least sticker it up, then possibly panel line it later. Anyway, TCracker, how about showing us some of that TF collection of yours hmm? ^_^

haha, I was just thinking that. But what really gets me is why nobody likes to put stickers on! the valks look boring without the stickers on! Not that all of mine are stickered up, well they're not even displayed! But if I were to display it, I'd at least sticker it up, then possibly panel line it later. Anyway, TCracker, how about showing us some of that TF collection of yours hmm? ^_^

Heh heh.....I just dont have the time at the moment to sticker up my Valks, probably I will once can get some spare time.

As for my TF collections, like I said,most is in Box (BIB) and in some crates stored in the attic. But if you insist, here is some random pics of the "other room"....with the TFs scattered across the place...:p

P1030384.jpg

P1030161.jpg

P1040331.jpg

P1060103.jpg

P1060093.jpg

DSCN5606.jpg

Edited by TCracker

Heh heh.....I just dont have the time at the moment to sticker up my Valks, probably I will once can get some spare time.

As for my TF collections, like I said,most is in Box (BIB) and in some crates stored in the attic. But if you insist, here is some random pics of the "other room"....with the TFs scattered across the place... :p

Nice collection. I used to have a massive TF collection. Then I sold them all.

:ph34r:

:well, at least my mother, her boyfriend/son to be hubby, and my sister certainly don't mind all my little toy robots...

OOPS!! :wacko: sorry about that! :lol: anyway, here's my humble collection...

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

indeed! i took hours carefully and logically applying the decals to both of my 1/48s. i mean, why not? it just doesn't look right without them, and it's not like i was buying them as an investment. the way i see it, if you're looking to do that, invest in stocks&bonds. leave the mecha to people that are actually passionate about them!!

Got this set in today. The guy I bought this set is in China. He ships below US Postal rates and it takes roughly two weeks to get your stuff. Kakizaki was $109.99+$9.90 and Strike Parts were $62.00+$5.90. More than reasonable and well packaged; you just have to ask for a box or you get green wrapping paper.

I didn't get my glass for my display this week and I am pissed about that. It looks like it won't be until next week that I get to display these beauts in all their glory. My collection so far as it resides in my office closet...

:angry:

oo

post-7126-1207957249_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1207957293_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1207957354_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1207957399_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossMan

small, but on the right track! ^_^

In truth, I feel having an uncluttered shelf with just one piece on it looks way better than the jam packed shelves. Don't get me wrong, I would love to own a million macross toys, but I only have 10 myself.

post-917-1208018995_thumb.jpg

But seriously, when you go to any museum, the pieces are spread out so you can really apreciate the details and design of each one. If I had a million toys, I would still have my favorites reside on their own shelves individually, or maybe 2 of the same toy in different modes, then I would have a cluttered basement layed out like a giant battle diorama.

I was in Italy and I saw "David" at the Acedemia whatever, and he was awesome. Could stare at the details forever. Then you walk out in the city and where he used to stand, they've put up a replica of him. And you know what, He was dwarfed by the buildings and multiple other statues nearby.

And lastly, Using this approach, you save money, and your wife and friends can apreciate (or put up with) your collection too!

Edited by physioguy

In truth, I feel having an uncluttered shelf with just one piece on it looks way better than the jam packed shelves. Don't get me wrong, I would love to own a million macross toys, but I only have 10 myself.

But seriously, when you go to any museum, the pieces are spread out so you can really apreciate the details and design of each one. If I had a million toys, I would still have my favorites reside on their own shelves individually, or maybe 2 of the same toy in different modes, then I would have a cluttered basement layed out like a giant battle diorama.

I was in Italy and I saw "David" at the Acedemia whatever, and he was awesome. Could stare at the details forever. Then you walk out in the city and where he used to stand, they've put up a replica of him. And you know what, He was dwarfed by the buildings and multiple other statues nearby.

And lastly, Using this approach, you save money, and your wife and friends can apreciate (or put up with) your collection too!

I agree completely. Although a chaotic display packed full with toys is okay, it kind of seems like a bunch of toys all fighting for the viewers attention. I preffer one or two toys per shelf myself, nice and clean looking.

BTW: There is logic to Davids position on the piazza in Florence in front of the Palazzo Vecchio. He's actually looking out towards the Arno river waiting for Florences' enemies, ready to fight and defend the city. Great statue, great city.

As for my TF collections, like I said,most is in Box (BIB) and in some crates stored in the attic. But if you insist, here is some random pics of the "other room"....with the TFs scattered across the place...:p

No wonder you have been missing from the other forum. <_<

You have moved here. :rolleyes:

How does it feel like collecting Macross? ^_^

Holy crap another Enterprise B, I have one too but not panel lined.

Or is that the Excelsior version, Ether way love it.

yeah, not too long ago i decided that the stock playmates paintjob just didint cover it. so i went about fixing a few minor details, and before i knew it, three days had passed and i wound up detailing the living daylights out of it! i also cut the engine pylons and extended them out as they were much too short...

Yep. I got excited when I saw a post from him in this section because I thought it was "THE" collection only to click and be teased. The Ballchinian Bretheren don't take lightly to teasing Godzilla!

oo

The rest of the collection are in boxes... still. Need to buy more display cases.

The rest of the collection are in boxes... still. Need to buy more display cases.

I know you are busy these days G, but check it out. I just got a call from the receiving department at my job that my glass has arrived. After I post this I am going down to load it in my truck. Anywho, I am going to start building it today. I think these glass cubes are an excellent and economical way to display our Valks. Hopefully I'll be able to post picks tonight. B))

Got this set in today. The guy I bought this set is in China. He ships below US Postal rates and it takes roughly two weeks to get your stuff. Kakizaki was $109.99+$9.90 and Strike Parts were $62.00+$5.90. More than reasonable and well packaged; you just have to ask for a box or you get green wrapping paper.

I didn't get my glass for my display this week and I am pissed about that. It looks like it won't be until next week that I get to display these beauts in all their glory. My collection so far as it resides in my office closet...

oo

As luck would have it, my glass and hardware arrived today. I was not expecting the quality to be as good as it is. The glass is commercial grade; the same kind of stuff you find in department store displays. And heavy as shiggity! Anywho, I got one of the cubes built...only 15 more to go. I am going to have to hold tight on completing it because I need some styrofoam inserts to help support the displays along top. Anywho, here is the first to give you guys an idea of their size and to give you a visual of how they might work for you. Keep in mind these are 14" panels and the flexidisplay is 4".

post-7126-1208206476_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1208206534_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1208206565_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1208206621_thumb.jpg

I finally got this thing together and decided to display some of my small growing collection to see how things would look. Turned out okay, but to my surprise, my wife arrived home from work and saw what I was doing and told me that she has to start at square one for my birthday. She said she had planned on having a custom shelf built in my office for my fighters. We talked about it some and she's going to have a cabinet maker come out and create a custom matched surround mounted to the wall for the glass cubes to go inside. Now that, I can not wait to see... for now the display will remain on the floor. I'm poofed, but here are a few photos...

post-7126-1208324724_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1208324765_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1208324834_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1208324864_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1208324894_thumb.jpg