Display Your Collections...

The wing flaps come of very easily and a little dust shouldn't hurt the value of a toy. Sounds like you got a good deal.

For the price it wasn't a bad deal, I just wish the description had been more forthcoming because I would not had bid on it. I would have gladly paid $40.00 more for a brand new one which is the going rate these days. Fortunately the seller has agreed to send the correct pilot and gunstrap which do hurt the value of the toy after receiving the email below.

Thanks for the info ******. The Valkyrie arrived yesterday. Although I do not agree the toy was in excellent condition I did leave positive feedback. There's a stain on the left leg of the fighter that I have tried to remove as best I could. A piece just below the left side of the cockpit appears to have been glued back in place. The remaining decals indicate that some were applied to another fighter, or either the wrong "used" decal sheet was added to the box; there's no U.N. SPACY decal for the gunpod that is missing it's gunstrap. A wing flap was missing from the fighter and fortunately it was included and I was able to re-attach it. The arms are loose and stickers have been applied and some are in poor condition. I have not transformed the fighter and may just leave it in fighter mode as I am afraid what transforming it might reveal. Most disappointing is that the pilot belongs to Hikaru's VF-1J plane from SDF: Macross and not DYRL. I am hoping this is a mix up and that maybe you can send the correct pilot and I send this one back.

I would have asked questions before the auction, but when the description stated the toy was in "excellent" condition I was lead to believe none of the above would apply.

If you have the correct pilot and gunstrap please let me know as I would greatly appreciate having these for the fighter.

How would you anchor these glass display shelves to a wall so you don't have to worry about them tipping over, especially in earthquake country Cali?

That's a good question sidearmaslpha. I could see that being a problem in Cali. Fortunately it's not a problem in my area. I decided to go back to my open face design I had planned on going with originally. I plan on setting my cubes up along the top of the shelves in my office. Although my son knows how to handle my fighters, I want them out of reach for when we have young visitors over. Can you imagine a house full of 6 year old boys over for a sleep over having these "Transformers" right in their reach? :blink:

I ordered some 1" thick styrofoam planks to provide some extra support underneath because there's about 2" of depth on top of the cabinets. The weight of the glass should smooth everything out pretty evenly. Once it's built I should have about 4" on either side of the display on top and about 6-8" above. I'm really looking forward to getting this in place as I think it's going to be an excellet and cheaper alternative for displaying our stuff. Should have mine on the 9th or 10th and will build it this coming weekend.

post-7126-1207529943_thumb.jpg

ok, ij ust HAVE to ask: Macrossman what the HELL is your Avatar?????

It looks to be Kramer from Seinfeld with saggy face and testicle chin syndrom. I thinks it's GREAT! :lol:

:ph34r:

Man, I honestly do not know. I was looking for something "alien" to go with the theme of most of the cartoons we watch and this is what I came up with. I saw this pic some time ago and saved it because his face was so damn funny.

If >EXO< surprised everyone at the Macross Convention with the Thunder Hammer kit for sale and had the avatar's face, we wouldn't be thinking about the dangling balls hanging from his chin...we'd just want to shake his hand in grattitude as he pondered upon his chin deep in thought on the next great project. :lol: It's a face only a Macross lover could appreciate.

I think.. its a 'ballchinian' from Men in Black :p

Men in Black II. He shows up in the fight when Will Smith is trying to restore Tommy Lee Jones' memory.

as an aside, what a horrible follow up to the very decent MIB.

Men in Black II. He shows up in the fight when Will Smith is trying to restore Tommy Lee Jones' memory.

as an aside, what a horrible follow up to the very decent MIB.

Ha! Man I wish I could change my member name to Ballchinian! I'm going to go cop the movie to see this guy in action. Thanks for the info eugimon.

It looks to be Kramer from Seinfeld with saggy face and testicle chin syndrom. I thinks it's GREAT! laugh.gif

Actually that's a picture of me. MacrossMan and I are friends from way back - we haven't seen each other in years, and we ended up sending one another a couple of 'recent photos.'

I thought MacrossMan would be more sensitive to my medical condition than to post in in public (born with my penis up my throat) - but I guess we live in a creul, creul world... :(

VFTF1

talk about hoarding SDF-1's. He's got 8? Unless he moved it into that bigger diplay case. Not a bad collection. Of course I've seen better. ;):D:p^_^

I guess it's okay if you're into pristine, diverse collections that are well posed and presented handsomly.

Why would anyone like that?

Actually I do love the Chaotic renderings of our friend ruskiiVFaussie's overcrammed display madness balanced eloquently with superb unique poses and configurations.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the 4th photo with the valks lined up. Just splendid good sir! :D

Splendiferous even! *gasp!* Finally get to see some of your stuff, i'm impressed with your displaying skills.

You'd have to have like... another 50 cabinets to show off all your valks though lol.

So what will you do when the 1/60 Destroids come out? Gonna geta couple? I do like your Destroid Tomohawk line up there..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the 4th photo with the valks lined up. Just splendid good sir! :D

Splendiferous even! *gasp!* Finally get to see some of your stuff, i'm impressed with your displaying skills.

You'd have to have like... another 50 cabinets to show off all your valks though lol.

So what will you do when the 1/60 Destroids come out? Gonna geta couple? I do like your Destroid Tomohawk line up there..

Thanks. Yes I need more cabinets. :) I will get many 1/60 tomahawk destroids though I need to limit my numbers. We will see.

Thanks. Yes I need more cabinets. :) I will get many 1/60 tomahawk destroids though I need to limit my numbers. We will see.

GREAT COLLECTION MATE!!!

That is Very nice, Now I must go and buy more valks.

Good luck catching up to godzilla! Not that it is a competition. Because it is not. Or is it? 120+ 1/48 valks? Holy mother of macross!

Good luck catching up to godzilla! Not that it is a competition. Because it is not. Or is it? 120+ 1/48 valks? Holy mother of macross!

Yep. I got excited when I saw a post from him in this section because I thought it was "THE" collection only to click and be teased. The Ballchinian Bretheren don't take lightly to teasing Godzilla!

:angry:

oo

Yep. I got excited when I saw a post from him in this section because I thought it was "THE" collection only to click and be teased. The Ballchinian Bretheren don't take lightly to teasing Godzilla!

:angry:

oo

That would be a fight not to miss!

Ha! Give me a chin strap!

:lol:

oo

:lol::lol::lol: OMG!!!

BTW...I just noticed that your smileys are Ballchinians as well...too funny.

Can someone with the Ikea DETOLF case tell me the shelf dementions. I know the ones on the website are the widest points on the out side.

Nice collection it's bigger than mine till Friday Bwahahah :rolleyes:

Edited by hal9000

TCracker - that is indeed a very nice collection! I envy you the Angel Bird (I really need to finally get my hands on one of those!), and I must admit that the 25th Anniversary VF1S looks really good - the gold trim on black is indeed a great combo! Also, I am curious how much TF goodness is left out of the pic ;)

But now - I must nitpick! (forgiveness please!)

Namely - you lazy lazy MWforum member you! :) Seal up those holes on the 1/48 1S's nose yes?:) I know those bits are hard to revert to their original placement - but it can be done - I use ear wax sticks to do it - you just have to get under them and apply upward pressure - and the ear-wax sticks with their cotton endings are perfectly delicate and therefore suitable for this business :)

I just always get annoyed when I see pictures of Valks with those nose-ring-holes because it dimminishes the effort Yamato put into them - any other company would have just left those holes there - but Yamato allows them to close up for fighter mode :)

VFTF1