Display Your Collections...

MacrossMan,

Very Very nice looking home mate. If you dedicate a room to Macross (which you should :D ). Don't forget to post the pics.

:ph34r:

MacrossMan,

Very Very nice looking home mate. If you dedicate a room to Macross (which you should :D ). Don't forget to post the pics.

Thanks a lot guys. It's been a work in progress, but thing have finally come together. If I didn't have to compromise, I would have my collection displayed in the den which is off the kitchen, but the misses aint going for that :lol:. Heck it's really my personal space to relax and listen to music and watch a movie from time to time, but the collection will end up in my office. I originally wanted to put them in the book cases of my office, but after looking through the collections in this post I decided against it. There's a huge recessed cove in the hallway outside the office that would hold at least 4 Detolf shelves that would look killer, but again, the misses aint going for it. She has a shrine of our wedding pics and what not throughout the hall.

Anywho, I'm posting pics of the cabinets I wanted to display them in in the den and pics of the office. Also a couple of pics of some custom framed art work. It displays what the space is intended for: music, movies, and relaxing. I still have plenty of space in the office so I just need to get my hand on some nice inexpensive glass display cases. I am currently looking for Macross art to frame to go in the office. The office is truly my space and it will be dedicated for my Macross stuff. B))

post-7126-1203729463_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203729490_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203729511_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203729529_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203729551_thumb.jpg

Trust me man.....I'm a draftsman and a engineering technician. We don't make THAT much money. <_<

By day I work in telecommunications, but I wear a second hat as a mobile DJ on the side. I started a mobile DJ service in November 2004. I volunteer my services for the company I work for a few times a year and the business I receive from it keeps me pretty busy. January and February are my rest periods, but things pick back up in March with kids out for spring break. After spring break, it's wedding season and school is out for summer and people are getting married and partying! Just in time for the new Macross stuff. Anywho, it's a lot work, a lot of fun, and has a good pay off. I've always gone by my name and referred to myself as a professional DJ when people ask for my DJ name. Since joining the site it has dawned upon me what my DJ name should be...DJ Macross. I'm gonna sport shirts with the Macross kite on them to parties from now on and keep it dressy and professional for my corporate upscale events.

Anywho here are pics of my DJ toys (equipment) when I first started. I remember thinking it would be so cool to have all my equipment in one case. WRONG! I came close to blowing my back out a few times before I invested in a good portable dolly and putting everything in seperate road cases. More set up time, but it sure makes getting loaded and set up a lot easier. There's also a pic of me at a gig and my son doing his best scratch immitation. :lol:

post-7126-1203731045_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731076_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731177_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731189_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731201_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731225_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731259_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731296_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731306_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731324_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731335_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731405_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731416_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731444_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203731460_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossMan

dude, congrats! that's a nice looking place you got there. So... when's the macrossworld housewarming party?

Seriously though, congrats!

Thanks man, and you so don't know how much I would enjoy a Macrossworld housewwarming party! To be able to sit up and chop it up with you guys that know all about this stuff into the wee hours of the morning would be off the hook! I know there are some Japanese members here that we could fire up the tube and sound and give us real world translations as we watch the original Macross series. Sipping brewskies while I'm out back grilling up some tasty meats Southern style! That would be one awesome housewarming party!

Going old school with...1/55 customs! All by the incomparable Jung Chao...

Max and Millia customs were commissioned jobs, and feature:

1) Winner (Millia, anyway), Best Overall 1/55 Custom Valkyrie at MacrossWorld Convention 2002

2) Transformers Jetfire body and armor, with Kotobukiya vernier boosters

3) Rob Beers VF-1J head

4) Erick Mabrich custom nosecone. Heavy modification to change male DYRL pilot into the Millia TV pilot

5) Chris Baretta heatshield

6) Robert Fuchs custom poseable hips, ankles and feet

7) 1/100 Sazabi hands with 10 articulated fingers

8) Custom gunpod, with gatling tip and adjustable gunstrap (from a 1/6 Gi-joe, webbed not elastic)

9) Weathered paint job

1max1cw5.jpg

2max2jm2.jpg

3max3ip8.jpg

4millia1yj9.jpg

5millia2vf2.jpg

6millia3qg5.jpg

7millia4bi1.jpg

8maxmilliahg3.jpg

VF-1D custom was purchased from Jung via eBay:

1) Jetfire body and armor, with Kotobukiya vernier boosters

2) Rob Beers resin recast nosecone and crystal clear canopy.

3) Chris Barreta resin Vf-1D head and heatshield.

4) Hikaru in orange flight suit, Minmay in red dress.

5) Custom gunpod, with gatling tip and adjustable gunstrap (from a 1/6 Gi-joe, webbed not elastic)

91d1fo2.jpg

111d3lz5.jpg

101d2hu4.jpg

121d4wd6.jpg

And finally, the non-transforming, fixed-battroid DYRL VF-1S trio I purchased from veteran (and long MIA) MW member Jerry Tsai (aka VF1X). Also Jung Chao pieces:

12hikarumy3.jpg

13triodd5.jpg

14group1fn7.jpg

15group2ed8.jpg

16group3gt4.jpg

emerson,

VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL mate!!! If there's one thing I LOVE....it's Custom Chunkys. THANKS for sharing!!!

It's funny....I've had these for 6-7 years now, and never bothered to snap any photos till now. And the only reason I've decided to snap the photos is because I am contemplating selling them off and want to have a nice record of them. Of course now, after spending the afternoon with them, I'm thinking I want to keep these after all haha.

Edited by emerson

It's funny....I've had these for 6-7 years now, and never bothered to snap any photos till now. And the only reason I've decided to snap the photos is because I am contemplating selling them off and want to have a nice record of them. Of course now, after spending the afternoon with them, I'm thinking I want to keep these after all haha.

I've never cared for the 1/55's until now. I'm calling first dibs on them when the go for sale. Shhhhh... :ph34r: 's listening... Those things are absolutely sick! Thanks for sharing.

I've never cared for the 1/55's until now. I'm calling first dibs on them when the go for sale. Shhhhh... :ph34r: 's listening... Those things are absolutely sick! Thanks for sharing.

DAMN!!! :angry: Lucky for you I was not around a computer. Alrighty then. Dibs on what MacrossMan does'nt take, that is of course, IF you EVER get rid of them. :ph34r:

DAMN!!! :angry: Lucky for you I was not around a computer. Alrighty then. Dibs on what MacrossMan does'nt take, that is of course, IF you EVER get rid of them. :ph34r:

Lucky for you Ryno...I can't afford'em! Damn sure wish I could, but I have other fighers I want too badly splurge on these bad boys. I gracefully bow out of the race for them... :(

Okay, if I read the thread title correctly, here are my collection so far....

Yup, pretty lame, got bitten by the Macross bug lately. Aiming for the 25th Anni VF-1S....if I can find it

Great figures!

Welcome to the forums and to the endless money hole of macross collecting. Kiss your wallet and life away. It is all down hill from here. It starts with one or two and then you are selling your body on the corner for the next yamato release!

Great figures!

Welcome to the forums and to the endless money hole of macross collecting. Kiss your wallet and life away. It is all down hill from here. It starts with one or two and then you are selling your body on the corner for the next yamato release!

Yes sir! I was practically drooling at the 1/60 YF21 fig...it will be mine