Display Your Collections...

Ok, I am just borrowing and not only that but probably giving them more business so they really do not need to be upset.

EDIT: Took off "stolen" images.... c'mon!

Anyway, here is my "digial remix" with how I would want to paint it (maybe).

post-4840-1203358897_thumb.jpg

Edited by miriya

Ok, I am just borrowing and not only that but probably giving them more business so they really do not need to be upset.

EDIT: Took off "stolen" images.... c'mon!

LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, here is my "digial remix" with how I would want to paint it (maybe).

In the words of Kanye West......."I Likey" ^_^

:ph34r:

misterryno: thanks ryan :D

Miriya: 4 pcs chain base combined is decent enough to fit a 1/48 Valyrie in fighter mode.. i've been contemplating on using those for a diorama, what prompted me then was the size of it, it is afterall designed for 1/144 gundams i believe.. i never knew they could actually be combined to fit in larger scale mechas like the 1/48s until recently ;)

That is one awesome looking display! I would like to display each one of fighters this way. Where did you get the small accessories? They appear to be perfect scale.

thanks a lot guys.. your feedbacks are really inspiring me to finish this one.. been into this on and off due to busy schedule

i specially had a hard time with building those hangar crews and equipments which is also at 1/48 Scale figures from Hasegawa, i never had any background or experience with modeling, but i just wanna showcase my favorite macross toy.. so there i muster my guts of doing it anyway.. so that's basically my first attempt..

let reiterate that those chain bases are really intended for smaller scale mechas, so some of the add on parts might not be usefull.. chain base can be purchased at HLJ or Toyw-wave.. i got mine from the later..

I finally got some pictures of my collection together and I wanted to share them with all of you guys

Tell me what you think.

If you have any questions what is what, just pm me or add a reply

Drat, I forgot to put in the picture of the painted symbol matsushiro jetfire mint in box, sorry about that guys

Diggin the toys my man, but the place brings back memories of my bachelor days! Ahhhh...the good life! :lol:

Here's my small collection. Overview shot of display cabinet.

img0038qz3.jpg

The Low Viz and Roy shelf.

img0044br7.jpg

The Max and CF shelf.

img0043zr1.jpg

The Hikkie shelf.

img0042zk3.jpg

The Macross Zero shelf.

img0045nu7.jpg

The Macross Plus shelf.

img0040bd5.jpg

Love the pics, but damn sure love the shelf even better! I've got to start searching for something as the shelves I anticipated using won't do the Valks any good. Too dark. I need some all glass like the Detolf, but unfortunately we do not have an Ikea where I am at. SUCKS big time!

when Kensei gets his shelves made, we can have a battle royale of the super collections. Until then, I do have to say Sithlord's collection is very impressive.

Two questions for Sithlord...What do you do and how do you do it? That's a quote from The Pursuit of Happyness, but I mean it literally. I want to be in the position to buy the kind of toys you buy and not think twice about it without being some bumb living in his parent's basement. I see pics that leads me to believe you're some sort of a draftsman or engineer. My telecommunications manager salary just aint cuttin' it if you will. Sheesh! Soon, very soon! Awesome collection man, and I aint mad at ya!

Here's my small collection. Overview shot of display cabinet.

img0038qz3.jpg

The Low Viz and Roy shelf.

img0044br7.jpg

The Max and CF shelf.

img0043zr1.jpg

The Hikkie shelf.

img0042zk3.jpg

The Macross Zero shelf.

img0045nu7.jpg

The Macross Plus shelf.

img0040bd5.jpg

Love the pics, but damn sure love the shelf even better! I've got to start searching for something as the shelves I anticipated using won't do the Valks any good. Too dark. I need some all glass like the Detolf, but unfortunately we do not have an Ikea where I am at. SUCKS big time!

Have you tried ordering online at Ikea.com?

Have you tried ordering online at Ikea.com?

Yep. The shelves are only $59 a piece, plus $265 for shipping (freight) to my location because they weigh in at 89 lbs. each with all the glass. I've found the Detolfs on ebay for about $150 shipped, but I have more catching up to do on my collection before I decide to display it. I have emailed the seller of the shelves on ebay several times for shipping quotes on more than one of the shelves, but havent' gotten a response. :angry:

Edited by MacrossMan

Two questions for Sithlord...What do you do and how do you do it? That's a quote from The Pursuit of Happyness, but I mean it literally. I want to be in the position to buy the kind of toys you buy and not think twice about it without being some bumb living in his parent's basement. I see pics that leads me to believe you're some sort of a draftsman or engineer. My telecommunications manager salary just aint cuttin' it if you will. Sheesh! Soon, very soon! Awesome collection man, and I aint mad at ya!

Trust me man.....I'm a draftsman and a engineering technician. We don't make THAT much money. <_<

I'm a draftsman/designer too in civil engineering and I make plenty. Not enough, but plenty. ;):p

I do the exact same as you...I just work for a POS company for now. Hopefully soon I will get a MUCH MUCH better position in a better company. It does'nt seem to matter how hard I work I still don't get pait $hit. It really sucks <_<

EDIT----> I would be more than happy to move to a different country for a better job......will you put in a good word for me at the company you work for :D

Edited by misterryno

I do the exact same as you...I just work for a POS company for now. Hopefully soon I will get a MUCH MUCH better position in a better company. It does'nt seem to matter how hard I work I still don't get pait $hit. It really sucks <_<

EDIT----> I would be more than happy to move to a different country for a better job......will you put in a good word for me at the company you work for :D

Sure, I know exactly what to say to my boss. "You have to hire this guy, he's a Macross fan and he collects toys! You can't go wrong with this guy chief!" :lol:

I'm sure you'll find a better paying job. Good things come to those who wait work hard.

Trust me man.....I'm a draftsman and a engineering technician. We don't make THAT much money. <_<

It all boils down to where we're at and what we have going on. My wife I closed on a new house December 06. With a bigger mortgage and other expenses there isn't much left to "play" with. But to be able to cover those expenses at the end of the day and still be able to toss around dough on toys the way Sith does would be insane!

I can't complain though...I still get to buy a toy here and there. :rolleyes:

Not exactly a toy, but as proud of it as I am of my small growing collection...our house as it was being built and some pics as we got certain rooms together after getting settled in. B))

post-7126-1203708519_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203708539_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203708576_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203708584_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203708597_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203708605_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203708777_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203708848_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203709065_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203709139_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203709186_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1203709536_thumb.jpg