Display Your Collections...

its a very cool collection but the Aliens "express elevator to hell" doesnt blend. It should be displayed seperately, maybe with a Hot Toys power lifter and a Hicks and a Hudson or something.

It's just there because I made the stand too tall for my other shelves, doh! I need to get back to the machine shop and cut it down. Two feet to the right of those shelves is another set with a Worrior Alien, Predator, Terminator...... B))

Thanks for the positive feedback. I have been collecting what I think is the perfect cross section of Mecha. A lot of this is based on what I think is cool, or what stuck with me when I was a kid, etc. It took me a while to figure out how I wated to display my collection. I think the lights are great, and for $10/ cheap and easy! The camera doesn't do it justice. The light in the pics is very harsh compared to reality. That pic was taken without any other lights in my office on. I leave the "mood lighting" on 24hrs a day. The bulbs are supposed to be good for 10,000 hours. I find myself going to the bathroom in the middle of the night in my spare bathroom now so I can walk by my office. :) Macross stuff is certainly the centerpiece of what I have as far as toys go. I will pop some pics of the Legos, movie memorabilia, cars, motorcycles, etc, etc whe I get done with all of my shelves and lighting.

I still have an Elintseeker in the box, one more Fokker 1/48 on the way (for a total of 3) and a VF-OS With a Ghost on Pre-Order. Oh yeah, I have another YF-19 1/60 with booster on the way but it's going right back out for custom paint and grafix. And of course I couldn't resist and pre-ordered a VF-1 and a YF-19 25th. I have a pretty sweet display/armor/custom paint idea for those though. I will fire off pics when they come in. I think everyone will dig it.

I know this isn't a Robo.....site. But wait till you see my 1:1 150hp, 400lb, 175mph Cyclone. I will probably have it done by spring. Where to find a helmet on the other hand......

I know this isn't a Robo.....site. But wait till you see my 1:1 150hp, 400lb, 175mph Cyclone. I will probably have it done by spring. Where to find a helmet on the other hand......

LOL Damnit Sqidd.. you took the idea right outa my head!!!! Being a (MadManxMan) bit freindly with bikes myself , i thought of a Cyclone a while back. What u thinking of using as a base/donor bike? I looked into a vmax but to be fair it was a bit pricey and too pretty to cut up. Project is on indefinate hold.

(you are serious by the way?)

Hey, whats Hikaru doing to Misa back there :p

exactly what you want him to be doing and what you would love to do as well I am sure! Nice collection Sqidd. I like the Aliens ship in there. I am a fan of crossbreeding mechs.

LOL Damnit Sqidd.. you took the idea right outa my head!!!! Being a (MadManxMan) bit freindly with bikes myself , i thought of a Cyclone a while back. What u thinking of using as a base/donor bike? I looked into a vmax but to be fair it was a bit pricey and too pretty to cut up. Project is on indefinate hold.

(you are serious by the way?)

Yup, it's for real. Fully functional and scary fast! B))

Very nice...As soon as I get a collection of Macross I will display it...Your's looks GREAT.

:ph34r: MisterRyno :ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

Yeah....My bad on that.... :wacko:

Thanks!

Could you edit the pics out of your quotes please? Some members are very sensitive about quoting pics on the same page, plus it's faster for low bandwidth users. :rolleyes:

Well, don't just reply with an apology - go do what Dante74 told you to do. Get a move on it, soldier!

YYYYEEEESSSS SIR!!! LOL I wouldn't have done it if the girl for your Avatar wasn't so hot.

Nice collection of Gundam trading figures/gashapon. I seriously wish I had more room to display stuff with minimal amounts of dusting needed.

Dust is our worst enemy.

some addition to my macross family :)

MIB unused elintseeker mint with all armor pieces,gun and gun clip, bullets on tree ,sticker sheet, instructions

MIB unused elintseeker mint with gun, gun clip and missiles, comes with jetfire armor

mint yellowed elintseeker with all armor pieces, gun, gun clip, 1 bullet drop from tree, stickers applied but mostly not in placed.

MIB vf-1s strike valkyrie, mint with everything but wrong sticker sheet, its for vf-1s roy fokker's type valk.

loose vf-1s strike valk, broken cannon, landing gear and legs armor, some armor repainted from jetfire armor by previous owner, good for display only

hunting for more elintseeker and superb mint strike valkyrie, of course in decent price :)

post-5415-1191182967_thumb.jpg

I set some more lights up and moved some stuf around today. Took a while to wire all the lights in the shelving unit and make the aluminum shields, but it turned out pretty good. I think I am going to add a lot more metal to the bookcase and paint it white. It will have that sudo industrial look then. Looks good for now though me thinks.

Macross goodies

DSCN1551.JPG

Random Goodies

DSCN1548.JPG

Lego goodies (Ferrari stuff will come later B)) )

DSCN1549.JPG

I believe that is canon, that is the valk Hikaru flew in DYRL at the end of the film, or are you just talking about the emblems on the fastpacks?

Edited by kanedaestes

In some blurry scenes at the end, he has both a black heatshield and black emblems on the fastpacks ^_^ . That's how I prefer it (here's some older crappy shots w/ bad lighting).

You're actually right, GHOSTRYDER! I saw DYRL again last night and HIKARU's VF-1S did have the black heatshied and emblems in a couple of scenes before he off'ed BODOLZAA. Andt thanks for posting yer pics, they look 110% better than mine. Just absolutely gorgeous :D !

Edited by connor99

Holy crap! I never knew there was such things like Lego Star Destroyer and let only DEATHSTAR! :lol:

Wow~! i mean WOW. Do those monsters come with instructions? 0_o?

You think those are cool, check this out. It's the biggest Lego kit ever made (the Death Star was before this)

10179-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

5195 pieces! I have mie on the way. I have kit number 9!

Ad yeah, thy have instrutions. Everythig is grey! I sort them ito bins before I start buildig. If I didn't they would never get done :wacko: