Display Your Collections...

Great collection, Lurker X. By the way, did one of the pics include your son? How do you keep him off your toys? FYI, I am struggling with mine and he's only 2.

yeah, I'd like to know as well. So far, my kid is more interested in the empty shipping boxes than the actual toys, but I doubt that's going to last much longer.

Thanks guys.

As far as my kid is concern, I’ve trained him over the years. He’s probably one of very few 4 year olds who know the meaning of the words “fragile” & “loose”. I really rarely allow him to touch the “high-end” stuff and when he does I keep emphasizing that it is fragile and not loosen the joints by moving them. I keep reminding him that this place is Daddy’s museum and he should treat it as such.

He plays with the lower end stuff regularly with my supervision.

Normally, the extent of his playing would be to hold whatever piece he likes [like I taught him] while watching the related anime. He’s been into Voltes V Ultraman, Mazinger, Mask rider, Power rangers, Voltron, Macross Zero & transformers lately so I’d occasionally let him hold some SOCs macross toys etc.

He knows the drill prior to holding anything I’d require him to wash his hands. No touching on the shiny parts [chrome]

He’s never broken or loosened anything to date and all my stuff remains MINTY fresh.

Recently he's learned to transform my Fire Valk VF-19 quite well [carefully as I would]

I’m trying to create a bond between him, my collection & my fav anime so that someday he would hopefully choose to add to or keep it as opposed to getting rid of it when I die

So far so good :)

He’s even started his own display

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

as far as other kids are concern I hold they’re parents liable for there actions and usually they’re respectfully about keeping their kids at bay. Otherwise, they’ll become privy to my darker side.

Edited by LurkerX

eventhough im not married and no kids.. ur story is really inspiring.. :)

i have a nephew whos about 8 this year.. i bought him toys for his bday during those 8 yrs and i always tell him to take care of them if not i wont buy for him anymore... ehehehehe..

it works.. cos i bought him the alternator meister a 2 yrs back i think and he didnt even dare to transform them as he doesnt know how to.. hahaha

ur kid also has also displayed his stuff.. very cute... :) ..

I AM IMPRESSED. I caught my son playing with his sister's Barbie doll last week so I went out and bought him a Spiderman action figure (although he's not reached the age printed on the box). I was trying to get him into Macross but the recent ones are just way to complex for him to enjoy (plus, violent, too). I may decide to watch a couple of episodes of SDFM.

I recall giving my daughter (who is turning 5) a Toynami valk a year ago, which she managed to strip it down in less than 3 minutes. ^_^

our son sits there quietly witht eh toy in hand and watches?

We dont have kids yet, but we babysit with a kid who's huge into Ninja turtles, as am i. So we sit and hang out watching the show and playing with figures. Hell, we have to take turns being leo coz he's both of our favourites. I cant imagine him just sitting there quietly...

I put up some new shelves on Sunday and got some lights to make all of my stuff backlit. It looks cool in my office now with the lights off at night and just the shelves glowing. I poped off a few shots that look pretty sweet. I need to spend some time screwing with the camera settings to get a bit better pics, but these are cool and I figured I would post them.

the back lighting worked like a charm! I got up ywice last night to go to the little boys room and instead of using the master bath like normal I used the guest bath so I could walk by the office and look at the toys B))

Backlit_two.JPG

Backlit_One.JPG

Backlit_Three.JPG

“GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD!”

“You are under arrest for impersonating a VF-1S………and badly, you have the right to,…..what, what’s that boy? You say somthin? You ain’t tryin to get smart with me are ya?”

“My name is Fokker T Justice, Skull Squadron Leader and Notary Public”

normal_DSCN1416.JPG

“GET ON YOUR KNEES AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD!”

“You are under arrest for impersonating a VF-1S………and badly, you have the right to,…..what, what’s that boy? You say somthin? You ain’t tryin to get smart with me are ya?”

“My name is Fokker T Justice, Skull Squadron Leader and Notary Public”

normal_DSCN1416.JPG

post-5632-1190169601.gif Nice pic's sqidd, that lighting looks cool.

Beautiful pics man, cool ^_^

Thanks. I love the back ligting. I went to Lowes today to get some more so I can light my Legos up too! I need to actualy read the instructions for my camera and figure out how to get good clean shots in low light without a flash. The "shutter" speed seems to take forever, but obviously not long enough.

Practice, practice, practice.

I put some of the light strips inside my bookcase too. They are lighting the toys from above and in front. You can't see the actual lights when you are looking at the toys, they turned out cool. Check out my Prime in the light. This is with all the lights out in the room.

Prime.JPG

its a very cool collection but the Aliens "express elevator to hell" doesnt blend. It should be displayed seperately, maybe with a Hot Toys power lifter and a Hicks and a Hudson or something.

Edited by MilSpex